So Did Dai Kaioshin Lose To Boo Because He Had Lost Much Of His Magic Power From Containing Moro?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

So Did Dai Kaioshin Lose To Boo Because He Had Lost Much Of His Magic Power From Containing Moro?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:49 am

He didn't regain it at anytime after defeating Moro did he?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Re: So Did Dai Kaioshin Lose To Boo Because He Had Lost Much Of His Magic Power From Containing Moro?

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:18 pm

Unknown. It's perfectly possible his magic would have been completely useless against Majin Buu.

Or not: we know nothing about his magic powers yet.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: So Did Dai Kaioshin Lose To Boo Because He Had Lost Much Of His Magic Power From Containing Moro?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:04 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:Unknown. It's perfectly possible his magic would have been completely useless against Majin Buu.

Dai Kaioshin's magic was capable of containing a SSJG-tier opponent so it should've been more than capable of stopping Buff Boo.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:58 pm

theherodjl wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:Unknown. It's perfectly possible his magic would have been completely useless against Majin Buu.

Dai Kaioshin's magic was capable of containing a SSJG-tier opponent so it should've been more than capable of stopping Buff Boo.
Magic isn't directly correlated to powerlevels: Babidi was a weakling but managed to put Darbula under his control, for example.

And we dopn't know what exactly he did against Moro

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:20 am

ankokudaishogun wrote:Magic isn't directly correlated to powerlevels: Babidi was a weakling but managed to put Darbula under his control, for example.

Its the opposite in this case actually, Dai Kaioshin's magic weakened a foe that makes Boo look like a total pushover in terms of raw strength. You're not going to tell me that Dai Kaioshin's magic will work on a SSJG-level being but will fail to work on Pure Boo???

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:44 am

theherodjl wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:Magic isn't directly correlated to powerlevels: Babidi was a weakling but managed to put Darbula under his control, for example.

Its the opposite in this case actually, Dai Kaioshin's magic weakened a foe that makes Boo look like a total pushover in terms of raw strength. You're not going to tell me that Dai Kaioshin's magic will work on a SSJG-level being but will fail to work on Pure Boo???
You never know. Maybe it only works on goat-men. :mrgreen:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:27 pm

theherodjl wrote:

Everything depends if Magic Effectivenes an Powerlevels are correlated

If not, anything is possible: Daikaiohshin's magic might not have worked anyway because Majin Buu was Pink, for example

We do not know the rules of magic in DB

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:34 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:Everything depends if Magic Effectivenes an Powerlevels are correlated

If not, anything is possible: Daikaiohshin's magic might not have worked anyway because Majin Buu was Pink, for example

You've already said that power levels & magic do not necessarily go hand-in-hand so why does Dai Kaioshin's magic working on a far stronger opponent like Moro be understandable but working on Boo isn't likely? Your argument attempts to explain why Boo wouldn't be affected but it doesn't explain why Moro would be. Moro is also a magical being so what's the difference here?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:44 pm

theherodjl wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:Everything depends if Magic Effectivenes an Powerlevels are correlated

You've already said that power levels & magic do not necessarily go hand-in-hand so why does Dai Kaioshin's magic working on a far stronger opponent like Moro be understandable but working on Boo isn't likely? Your argument attempts to explain why Boo wouldn't be affected but it doesn't explain why Moro would be. Moro is also a magical being so what's the difference here?
It's special anti-goat magic :lol:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:14 pm

theherodjl wrote: working on Boo isn't likely?
I didn't say "not likely"

I did say "unknown".

It's perfectly possible with his full magical might the Daikaiohshin would have been able to annihilate Buu easily.
It's also perfectly possible Daikaiohshin's magic would have been utterly useless specifically against Buu for whatever magic-related reasons.

We just do not know.