Goku's whining about farming.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Goku's whining about farming.

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:41 pm

I feel that Goku should realize that he doesn't need to train all the time to keep up his strength.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Goku's whining about farming.

Post by theherodjl » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:14 pm

Despite farming being a form of training, its evidently not honing Goku's body that well anymore since a stray bullet actually left a grazing wound on his forearm when he's supposed to be at the level of a God. Farming might keep Goku's physical strength up at this point but his other attributes are falling behind due to his body being used to much more intense levels & methods of training, plowing fields and picking veggies cannot really compare to the ROSAT & Whis' staff-realm or learning how to use transformations better.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:19 pm

theherodjl wrote:Despite farming being a form of training, its evidently not honing Goku's body that well anymore since a stray bullet actually left a grazing wound on his forearm when he's supposed to be at the level of a God. Farming might keep Goku's physical strength up at this point but his other attributes are falling behind due to his body being used to much more intense levels & methods of training, plowing fields and picking veggies cannot really compare to the ROSAT & Whis' staff-realm or learning how to use transformations better.
So what you're saying is that he needs to farm while transformed so that he's always maintaining tip-top shape? :lol:

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:28 pm

He just needs to farm and take time to train. Its not that hard. Its less about the amount of time and more about the quality of training. So if Goku were to train very, very hard for a short amount of time. He'd improve a lot better than if he trained all day or twice a day. At least that's what I took from a quora user who asked a question like that.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:31 pm

Hulk10 wrote:He just needs to farm and take time to train. Its not that hard. Its less about the amount of time and more about the quality of training. So if Goku were to train very, very hard for a short amount of time. He'd improve a lot better than if he trained all day or twice a day. At least that's what I took from a quora user who asked a question like that.
He can farm fast or slow all he wants but its simply not pushing his body anymore. Goku could try to make it more stenuous & productive by wearing a weighted suit like the one Whis made him wear or farming in greater gravity but I don't think Goku would put that much effort into farming when there are newer & better ways to train. Although various other fighters have improved their Ki in equally mundane ways, not everyone is able to increase their Ki quite like Freeza or Android 17 since they're biologically or mentally better suited to improve even with run-of-the-mill training.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:33 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:So what you're saying is that he needs to farm while transformed so that he's always maintaining tip-top shape? :lol:
Mastered Ultra Farming. :mrgreen:

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:35 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:He just needs to farm and take time to train. Its not that hard. Its less about the amount of time and more about the quality of training. So if Goku were to train very, very hard for a short amount of time. He'd improve a lot better than if he trained all day or twice a day. At least that's what I took from a quora user who asked a question like that.
He can farm fast or slow all he wants but its simply not pushing his body anymore. Goku could try to make it more stenuous & productive by wearing a weighted suit like the one Whis made him wear or farming in greater gravity but I don't think Goku would put that much effort into farming when there are newer & better ways to train. Although various other fighters have improved their Ki in equally mundane ways, not everyone is able to increase their Ki quite like Freeza or Android 17 since they're biologically or mentally better suited to improve even with run-of-the-mill training.
True but I'm saying that he can farm and still keep up his training, so he has no real reason to whine about it.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:03 am

Hulk10 wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
True but I'm saying that he can farm and still keep up his training, so he has no real reason to whine about it.
Except that farming sucks...

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:31 am

dragon boss z wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
Except that farming sucks...
Tell that to those who love farming. I personally don't but I know others do. :D

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:30 pm

Farming isn't the same as kicking ass, so I can't blame Goku for whining.

But it feels a bit odd though. Didn't his grandad do some farming or did they just hunt animals for food?
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:06 pm

The irony of the whole situation is at Goku's actually a REALLY GOOD farmer. His vegetables are always some of the best tasting and quality in the marketplace, and the extra produce that he sells off always nets a pretty good return.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:25 pm

Yeah. He is a good farmer. But he doesn't understand the importance of money.