Future Bulma's Journal

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Future Bulma's Journal

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:10 pm

I wonder if Beerus destroyed the journal when he destroyed Bulma's attempt to create a time machine. One would think that he did.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: Future Bulma's Journal

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:11 pm

Hulk10 wrote:I wonder if Beerus destroyed the journal when he destroyed Bulma's attempt to create a time machine. One would think that he did.
It could have been in the room when he blow it up, however I like to think he didn't.

That book is all thats left of a world that is no more. One that suffered more than it's share of horrors one after another. One that had any chance of normality stolen from it by mad god. Worse it's been erased as if it never existed. As small a thing as it is, it would be nice for at least something to have survived. To prove that those people did once exist, that they suffered yet never gave up hope.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:43 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:I wonder if Beerus destroyed the journal when he destroyed Bulma's attempt to create a time machine. One would think that he did.
It could have been in the room when he blow it up, however I like to think he didn't.

That book is all thats left of a world that is no more. One that suffered more than it's share of horrors one after another. One that had any chance of normality stolen from it by mad god. Worse it's been erased as if it never existed. As small a thing as it is, it would be nice for at least something to have survived. To prove that those people did once exist, that they suffered yet never gave up hope.
Yeah...….. I agree.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:08 pm

Headcanon is Whis censoring anything about time-travel but leaving everything else

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:36 pm

As amoral as it sounds, a God must be willing to do anything to ensure the safety of the universe, kind of like a machiavellian character. If Beerus were a dutiful God who takes his job seriously, he would erase the journal. Time is the realm of the Gods alone. Mortals are not allowed to meddle with it, that is what the sacred laws of the Gods dictate. And what if that journal fell into the hands of another mortal villain? Have we learned nothing from Cell?

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:58 pm

True but we don't know for sure if he destroyed the notes. But as I recall, one of the spared Universes developed Time Travel and that Destroyer allowed it to exist. So it might be a bad idea but it shouldn't be an act of evil that and the gods are not infallible.

So regardless of the reasons behind a deific law, there are times when its better to follow your gut rather than by the book. I do understand the logic behind it but I do not agree with the stance that it is always bad. And come to think of it, no matter what you do, you change history everyday actions can have big consequences so to avoid it you wouldn't do anything, not very practical.