Bulma breaking the laws of the lookout!

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gokuden553
Banned

Bulma breaking the laws of the lookout!

Post by Gokuden553 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:01 pm

I just realized this when I saw this episode in the Perfect Cell Saga.

When Bulma flew up to Kami's lookout to give Goku and C.O their Saiyan armour, she easily made it up their with no thunder nor lightning bolts waiting to prevent her from getting up to the top!

This is an interesting point, since in DB when Uupa explained to Goku that any means to transport to try and climb up the tower would run out of fuel before even getting halfway up their... so only climbing would allow you to even attempt in making it to the top.

After Goku reached Korin's tower, he gave Goku his Power Pole to reach Kami's lookout... yet this caused bolts of thunder and lightning to strike at him to try and prevent him from getting any further!

Yet Bulma bypassed all of these requirements and reached Kami's lookout with no problems what-so-ever.

So basically the lookout's rule was broken for a woman to travel by a means to transport to reach the top, whilst throwing Uupa's perdiction right out the window!!!

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Bulma braking the laws of the lookout!

Post by Taku128 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:04 pm

Gokuden553 wrote:I just realized this when I saw this episode in the Perfect Cell Saga.

When Bulma flew up to Kami's lookout to give Goku and C.O their Saiyan armour, she easily made it up their with no thunder nor lightning bolts waiting to prevent her from getting up to the top!

This is an interesting point, since in DB when Uupa explained to Goku that any means to transport to try and climb up the tower would run out of fuel before even getting halfway up their... so only climbing would allow you to even attempt in making it to the top.

After Goku reached Korin's tower, he gave Goku his Power Pole to reach Kami's lookout... yet this caused bolts of thunder and lightning to strike at him to try and prevent him from getting any further!

Yet Bulma bypassed all of these requirements and reached Kami's lookout with no problems what-so-ever.

So basically the lookout's rule was broken for a woman to travel by a means to transport to reach the top, whilst throwing Uupa's perdiction right out the window!!!
I don't think there's any thunder or lightning in the manga, so this is just a case of filler causing plotholes.
­

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:12 pm

Well back then the lookout was supposed to be the ish, but now its more like a pub or refuge. Besides, there is no Kami to shoot "lightning" and such. Don't forget Kami was supposed to be the biggest thing back then but higher ranks were introduced so...

-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:14 pm

Yeah, I noticed it (and actually, it's Karin who tells him about that rule :)), but I've always just chalked it up to a case of "Toriyamus Forgetus". :P

BTW, look at my post count. :twisted:
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:20 pm

The Tori-bot wrote: BTW, look at my post count. :twisted:
What, you beast!?

Anyways, does it really matter? Bulma rules! Seriously, though, I think it's just one of those minor detail that can slip by unnoticed. Like me for example, because I've never thought about it until the appearance of this topic/thread.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:20 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:Yeah, I noticed it (and actually, it's Karin who tells him about that rule :)), but I've always just chalked it up to a case of "Toriyamus Forgetus". :P

BTW, look at my post count. :twisted:
Damn I didn't even notice my 666 post count.. it was so long ago, Tori... :twisted: I can't wait for my 1337 count. I'll stop posting then. :)

-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

BrollysKin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrollysKin » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:30 pm

What is the significance of 1337?
Like Star Wars? Like Podcasts?
Check out the Star Wars Action News Forums: www.swactionnews.com

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:33 pm

BrollysKin wrote:What is the significance of 1337?
|7 |z t3h 1337n355 8|7ch lolxorz

... It's leetspeak, that's all there is to it.

And now you've ruined my devil-ness. :evil:
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Saiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm

Well, if you think about it...it's completely plausible. Capsule Corp. has the technology to build a spaceship that can pass through the atmosphere, have enough fuel to have someone fly through space for six days straight to a planet outside of our known solar system.

So...going to a place that's on earth with a little bit of turbulence isn't going to stop her.

Swift
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swift » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:31 pm

I don't remember exactly how one was prevented from gaining access to the Lookout, but I think that, as Mr. Piccolo said, there was no problem because there wasn't even a Kami there in the first place. If there had been, or if Mr. Popo could control the method of prevention, I'm sure they would've let Bulma pass on purpose. Really though, I think Toriyama just forgot.

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:57 pm

By then Kami was well acquainted with Goku and crew so I don't see why he wouldn't just let them come and go as they please.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:59 pm

Ok let's all forget that Yajirobe arrived there for training is his jet mobile before the Saiyans arrived.
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:48 pm

Jord wrote:Ok let's all forget that Yajirobe arrived there for training is his jet mobile before the Saiyans arrived.
I think Yajirobe was living there at Korin Tower by then. Also they were told to come so it would have been ok.

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:36 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:Well back then the lookout was supposed to be the ish, but now its more like a pub or refuge. Besides, there is no Kami to shoot "lightning" and such. Don't forget Kami was supposed to be the biggest thing back then but higher ranks were introduced so...

-Rick
Now that would be something. >.>;; Kami's tower serving as a pub. "Hey Kuririn, wanna go up to Kami's lookout for some pints?"

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:20 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
BrollysKin wrote:What is the significance of 1337?
|7 |z t3h 1337n355 8|7ch lolxorz

... It's leetspeak, that's all there is to it.

And now you've ruined my devil-ness. :evil:
Your "evil-ness" was overcome by "the power of 1337."

There is absolutely nothing not cool about that.
Last edited by Kaboom on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:35 pm

I remember a scene about Korin getting pissed at Bulma for going up in her airship thing. Not sure if that's the same trip up that you're thinking about, but it definitely happened.

And yeah, obviously the fuel thing was for casual pilots trying to see how high the tower goes. A company with the resources to go into space could easily do it, as Saiyan said.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:45 pm

Maybe it was just sort of an "Aw, who cares" kinda deal by that point.

[Kuririn]: Hey, Dende, you mind if I bring my family up here to safety?
[Dende]: Oh, sure, go ahead.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:21 am

Saiyan wrote:Well, if you think about it...it's completely plausible. Capsule Corp. has the technology to build a spaceship that can pass through the atmosphere, have enough fuel to have someone fly through space for six days straight to a planet outside of our known solar system.
Actually, they don't. Those spaceships were made with modified Saiya technology.

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:47 am

The Tori-bot wrote:Yeah, I noticed it (and actually, it's Karin who tells him about that rule :)), but I've always just chalked it up to a case of "Toriyamus Forgetus". :P
Agreed. :D

Pretty much that and the fact that A) he needed to get Bulma up there, and whether he had forgotten the whole climbing the tower" thing or not, I don't think he felt it'd capture the reader's INTEREST in the middle of the Cell Saga to have a side "ZOMG Bulma Climbs Karin-To Tower!!" storyline...^^; And B) as said, Kami-Sama was THE all-powerful deity back in the DB world. By that point in DBZ we've already seen the majority of the Z Senshi (even CHAOZU, for cryin' out loud!!) surpass his power, met Kaioh-Sama, and even seen planets outside of Earth, which have their own Kami-Sama's...so by that point, Kami-Sama's Tenkai is just, well, far less IMPRESSIVE, and the fact that a mortal human woman could reach it with such little difficulty is easily over looked.

And maybe by that point Kami-Sama (by the way, I don't particularly remember this scene, had he merged with Piccolo by this point?) was probably thinking "*sigh* Well, I'm not really such hot shit anymore, I GUESS I can bypass those li'l ol' rules and allow anyone and their grandma to come up here...", or some such thing. XD

But overall, yeah. Just another one of Toriyama-Sensei's crazy little screw-ups and continuity errors!! There's a million of 'em!! :D
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:05 am

Toriyama forgets things, that's the sinple answer. :lol:
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*