Vegeta's Job

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Vegeta's Job

Post by Pain » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:10 pm

I think that in the Funi Dub of movie 13, Vegeta says something about it being his first day off from work when Hirudegarn destroys his house. And in GT, Vegeta takes Bra shopping, correct? where did he get the money? Does anyone know where he works?
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:23 pm

Bulma actually mentions during the Buu arc that Vegeta doesn't work, and speculates that maybe all Saiyans are like that. Vegeta doesn't say anything about it being "his first day off from work" or anything like that in the Japanese version of DBZ movie 13, so if he really does say that in the Funi dub than it's just another "Barduck was a brilliant scientist"-type dub line. I'd assume he simply leeches off Bulma for money.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Re: Vegeta's Job

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:28 pm

Pain wrote:where did he get the money?
His wife is the daughter of the owner of the top corporation on the planet. They're loaded. :D

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Re: Vegeta's Job

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:48 pm

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:
Pain wrote:where did he get the money?
His wife is the daughter of the owner of the top corporation on the planet. They're loaded. :D
Yeah, and why would Vegeta even have a Job in the first place? He's more of a bum than Goku is! :lol:
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:11 pm

In the dub he says "I was enjoying my first day off in over a month". I think that meant his first day off from training.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Vegeta's been unemployed since he left Freeza's army of planet sellers.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:58 pm

Ya, I'm pretty sure he was referring to his first day off from training, at least that's how it sounded in the dub.

Lavender Saiyan
Regular

Post by Lavender Saiyan » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:10 am

Kid Trunks wrote:In the dub he says "I was enjoying my first day off in over a month". I think that meant his first day off from training.
That's the way I always took it...Just a resting day.

Oh and yeah...Bulma=Richest woman in DB Universe. Dr. Briefs & Capsule Corp are like Bill Gates and Microsoft here.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
*Dodges rocks*

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:22 am

What the hell is Vegeta going to do for work, anyway?! I'd have loved a filler episode featuring Vegeta trying to get paid work.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:52 am

djkalteraphine wrote:What the hell is Vegeta going to do for work, anyway?! I'd have loved a filler episode featuring Vegeta trying to get paid work.
Actually, I could see him rather enjoying being a bouncer at a night club. Or taking up bounty hunting.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:09 am

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:13 am

Xyex wrote:
djkalteraphine wrote:What the hell is Vegeta going to do for work, anyway?! I'd have loved a filler episode featuring Vegeta trying to get paid work.
Actually, I could see him rather enjoying being a bouncer at a night club. Or taking up bounty hunting.
Yeah, until he breaks someone's arm into pieces and gets fired. :lol:

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:14 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Image
What makes this so glorious is the idea that Vegeta, even working in an office, still wears his spandex.

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:39 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Image
This is probably one thing that I can actually visualize with Vegeta having job.
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:38 am

No way does Vegeta work :lol: For a Prince like him, work is for the peasants like Kakkorot.

The only reason he worked for Freeza was for the sole purpose of getting the strength to become Super Saiyan, and also to finally get stronger and overthrow Freeza getting revenge for his people.

I don't think Vegeta is a 'work' kind of guy, then again... Not many of the Z squad are!

Bulma did point out in one of the episodes that its hard enough getting him to help out with the yard, I had to laugh because she is so rich, you would have thought she could have gotten a few gardeners, or maybe even booted up one of her robots.

I would have loved to see a filler episode with Vegeta being forced to work with old people or something, could you just imagine his reaction! I think it would be along the lines of...
"These decripid old people... Why do you do this... On my planet they would all have died decades ago through not defending themselves..." - and then when he finds out the ACTUAL job role... :shock:
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:32 am

Vegeta's 'job' is to PROTECT THE WHOLE GODDAMN UNIVERSE! He slaves his butt off day and night, getting stronger and stronger to prepare for the next threat. His level of contribution to the world exceeds that of any of the 'average' working class from Earth. No amount of money can be sufficient to compensate for saving the Universe! If he got paid for what he did, he'd be the ritchest life form in existence. Heck, he hasn't even been acknowledged for what he has done; he should be famous and well-known to every person alive! But, he doesn't even care that no-one knows; that's a true hero for you, totally selfless. After what he's done, he shouldn't need to work at all! :lol:

Oh, and that applies to Goku too. Come to think of it, Vegeta and Goku become so alike at the end of DBZ. Vegeta doesn't want to admit it to himself, but it's true...
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:41 pm

Steven Perry wrote:Vegeta's 'job' is to PROTECT THE WHOLE GODDAMN UNIVERSE! He slaves his butt off day and night, getting stronger and stronger to prepare for the next threat.
Vegeta is always portrayed as training in order to surpass Goku (or anyone else who's stronger than him at the moment), not to fend off threats. Goku doesn't really train for that either. He trained in the afterlife for those seven years between the Cell and Buu arc even though he had no intention of ever getting the Earth out of another crisis (and actually did all he could to avoid doing so when the oppurtunity arose with Buu). I think he trains mostly to improve himself.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

StarrDust
Not-So-Newbie

Post by StarrDust » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:51 pm

I think the perfect job for Vegeta would be as a real estate agent since that was sort of what he was doing for Freeza anyway :P
Bulma did point out in one of the episodes that its hard enough getting him to help out with the yard, I had to laugh because she is so rich, you would have thought she could have gotten a few gardeners, or maybe even booted up one of her robots.
Did anybody else notice that Bulma and her family don't seem to rely on the robots as much as they did in Dragon Ball? I guess they either all got a lot less lazy or there was some sort of HAL type incident at the Briefs home :P
Trying is the first step towards failure.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:53 pm

StarrDust wrote:Did anybody else notice that Bulma and her family don't seem to rely on the robots as much as they did in Dragon Ball? I guess they either all got a lot less lazy or there was some sort of HAL type incident at the Briefs home :P
Vegeta must have saved them from that too, then got a job as a robot extermintor. :D

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:13 am

Vegeta appears to have a job in GT....he's the Capsule Corporation truant officer, and stops Trunks when he's trying to skip work :lol: He's also his daughter's personal chauffeur. I assume neither of these are paid positions....unless you count freedom from Bulma yelling, "get out of the house and do something, ya bum!" as payment :wink:
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube