How did Goten and Trunks beat Broly?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:14 am

But why would King Kai be there? And they were playing cards with Pilaf on them.
Broly!

Pain
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Pain » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:20 am

KingBroly wrote:But why would King Kai be there? And they were playing cards with Pilaf on them.
A Kaio needs exercise too. And they were playing cards with Pilaf on them the same way that Roshi, Kuririn, #18, and Bulma were playing cards with Goten, Trunks, and Mr.Satan on them. So who knows?
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:52 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:
KingBroly wrote:Did Broly get stronger in his second movie?
No, Gohan commented that he was "just as strong as before." If he was stronger, he would have said so. Especially since that would have made the movie more dramatic.

Had Gohan gone SSj2 in Movie 10, Broly would have been toast.

Burnt toast.
KingBroly wrote:But Broly almost died. Dont saiyans get stronger when they recover. A zenkai or something like that?
We never saw those again after Freeza. It's likely that you stop getting them once you become a Super Saiyan. If Broly HAD gotten one, he wouldn't have lost.
Actually there's evidence in the movie supporting that he received a Zenkai and, as a result, grew considerably more powerful. You mentioned that Gohan stated that he (Burori) was just as strong as he was before, but what you may have missed was the fact that Burori was only in his regular Ssj form when Gohan said this, which was a form he never actually demonstrated in movie 8.

As such, movie 10 Ssj Burori = movie 8 Densetsu no Ssj Burori

I'm not saying that he's ungodly powerful due to this, but it does seem to stand to reason that he did receive a Zenkai.

Pain

Post by Pain » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:57 am

Darkprince410 wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:
KingBroly wrote:Did Broly get stronger in his second movie?
No, Gohan commented that he was "just as strong as before." If he was stronger, he would have said so. Especially since that would have made the movie more dramatic.

Had Gohan gone SSj2 in Movie 10, Broly would have been toast.

Burnt toast.
KingBroly wrote:But Broly almost died. Dont saiyans get stronger when they recover. A zenkai or something like that?
We never saw those again after Freeza. It's likely that you stop getting them once you become a Super Saiyan. If Broly HAD gotten one, he wouldn't have lost.
Actually there's evidence in the movie supporting that he received a Zenkai and, as a result, grew considerably more powerful. You mentioned that Gohan stated that he (Burori) was just as strong as he was before, but what you may have missed was the fact that Burori was only in his regular Ssj form when Gohan said this, which was a form he never actually demonstrated in movie 8.

As such, movie 10 Ssj Burori = movie 8 Densetsu no Ssj Burori

I'm not saying that he's ungodly powerful due to this, but it does seem to stand to reason that he did receive a Zenkai.
Did you HAVE to use Engrish?

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:27 am

Darkprince410 wrote: Densetsu no Ssj Burori
Is there really a need to write it out like that?

Pain

Post by Pain » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:36 am

Captain Awesome wrote:
Darkprince410 wrote: Densetsu no Ssj Burori
Is there really a need to write it out like that?
My thoughts exactly it looks really sloppy.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:56 am

It's not that it's sloppy, its that when there's a perfectly accurate way of saying it in English, It's kind of pointless.

I understand things like attack names, but writing out "Densetsu no super Saiya-jin" and "Burori" just smacks of elitism to me.

Hell, I myself write out Saiya-jin, I just think that there's times where people are a little excessive when it comes to these things.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:23 am

Captain Awesome wrote:I understand things like attack names, but writing out "Densetsu no super Saiya-jin" and "Burori" just smacks of elitism to me.
Only the leetest write things out like they're English teacher was Mr. Miyagi.

Also, KingBroly, if that IS your real name,
Please tell me this was you when you were a kid.

Genki-Dama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Genki-Dama » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:26 am

HAHAHAHAHA, thank you Time Traveller, you just made my day! :lol:
Last edited by Genki-Dama on Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Horgus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Horgus » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:28 am

'sides, Trunks was stronger than Vegeta. SSJU2's speed restrictions would have made little impact if Trunks was just slamming a fist full of energy into Brolly's gut. :D
I really would question Trunks being stronger at all, really, post RoSaT training, than Vegeta.

It was stated quite clearly that Vegeta knew about SSJU2 and intentionally did not use it, that can be attributed to Vegeta's sound tactical mind and plentiful battle experience, which Trunks clearly lacked (at least to the degree of Goku/Vegeta).

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:29 am

The Time Traveller wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:I understand things like attack names, but writing out "Densetsu no super Saiya-jin" and "Burori" just smacks of elitism to me.
Only the leetest write things out like they're English teacher was Mr. Miyagi.

Also, KingBroly, if that IS your real name,
Please tell me this was you when you were a kid.
HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM!!!

ROFLMAO
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:59 am

Haha, awesome! I guess this picture is perfect for ending any "Vegetto vs Broly" debates :D
It's all GOOD

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:01 am

I love how Broly's upper body is composed entirely of abdominal muscles.

I guess thats where he stores all of his "Maximum" power.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:06 am

Captain Awesome wrote:I love how Broly's upper body is composed entirely of abdominal muscles.

I guess thats where he stores all of his "Maximum" power.
Oh come on the kid is eight. :lol: It still looks better then Kenshi's giant spaghetti monsters.

(Kenshi was his name right?)
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:10 am

It's a shame that picture doesn't stretch down far enough to show the paragraph written under it, I'm sure it was littered with classic lines. :lol:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Pain

Post by Pain » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:08 am

You guys shouldn't be laughing about this. That young boy thinks that BROLY of all people is a super hero. That sends a bad message. :cry:

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:28 am

It's a little kid. Don't make fun of his drawing abilities. Or the fact taht he can't put a sentence together.

Anyway, why is everyone on Broly's dick? He's a worthless filler character. Suuure, when they try to make GT, we pretend it didn't exist, but Broly, hell yeah, Broly was the man huh? He was just made to be another Saiyan for them to fight because they ran out of ideas. That's why he appears 3 times...well 2. I think we'd all like to forget about Bio-Broly.

My favorite is how people think that his Super Saiyan transformation is like more powerful than Super Saiyan 2. Why? How is it different than the ascended form? My favorite part was the argument that his aura is green. Yeah well, it's green because of the mind control. Take a gander at the next Broly movie. No green.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:43 am

Horgus wrote:
'sides, Trunks was stronger than Vegeta. SSJU2's speed restrictions would have made little impact if Trunks was just slamming a fist full of energy into Brolly's gut. :D
I really would question Trunks being stronger at all, really, post RoSaT training, than Vegeta.

It was stated quite clearly that Vegeta knew about SSJU2 and intentionally did not use it, that can be attributed to Vegeta's sound tactical mind and plentiful battle experience, which Trunks clearly lacked (at least to the degree of Goku/Vegeta).
Exactly what I was going to say, there is no proof that Trunks was stronger than Vegeta. Just because he displayed a technique that Vegeta most likely discarded as useless does not make him stronger.

As stated Trunks isn't that great of a fighter, he was only taught a little bit by Gohan in the future, who had really only been trained by Piccolo. Vegeta had superior training and skill, just because he let Cell become perfect doesn't make him stupid, it is stated a few times that Vegeta is actually a tactical genius.

Also Vegeta's strength at the Cell games is impossible to determine, he never fights Cell, for all we know he could have been close to Goku in strength.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:09 pm

omegacwa wrote:Also Vegeta's strength at the Cell games is impossible to determine, he never fights Cell, for all we know he could have been close to Goku in strength.
Vegeta was stronger than 50% FPSSJ Goku at the Cell Games.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:47 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:Or the fact taht he can't put a sentence together.
IS DIS SUM IRONY?
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight