How did Goten and Trunks beat Broly?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

How did Goten and Trunks beat Broly?

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:28 pm

Did they cheat? because its impossible for them to beat Broly. He's too powerful. I bet Vegetto would have trouble with Broly.
Broly!

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:49 pm

Vegito would pick his teeth with Broly's dead skeleton.

Goten and Trunks did not beat Broly. Goten and Gohan's Kamehameha...with (I don't know what the hell was going on here) Goku's "spirit" helping them out.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: How did Goten and Trunks beat Broly?

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:52 pm

KingBroly wrote:Did they cheat? because its impossible for them to beat Broly. He's too powerful. I bet Vegetto would have trouble with Broly.
Umm, Goku, at SSJ, plus a small amount of power from his ailing comrades, was able to beat Broly. He's weaker than Cell.

Trunks and Goten didn't beat Broly. Gohan, Goten, and a mysterious Goku who may or may not count beat Broly.

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:57 pm

How is Broly weaker than Cell!? Broly was way stronger than SS2 Gohan and SS2 Gohan was stronger than Cell.
Broly!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:06 pm

KingBroly wrote:How is Broly weaker than Cell!? Broly was way stronger than SS2 Gohan and SS2 Gohan was stronger than Cell.
What movie were YOU watching? Goku and Gohan were NOT SSj2s. They were only normal SSj1s. Any of the Super Saiyans, as they were at the Cell Games, could easily demolish Broly.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:06 pm

This would be a good thread for you to read because it tackles a few big controversies in regards to Broly. You may learn something from it, or ignore it and continue n with your "ZOMG BROLLY IS the AWESOME!!!!"

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:07 pm

Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:This would be a good thread for you to read because it tackles a few big controversies in regards to Broly. You may learn something from it, or ignore it and continue n with your "ZOMG BROLLY IS the AWESOME!!!!"
Just remember, Necro-posting is a big no-no.
deviantART
[thread]

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:08 pm

Prove that they weren't SS2s.
Broly!

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:28 pm

Goku and Gohan in Movie 8 are only SSJ1. I think it is blatantly obvious. Broly is weaker than Cell, end of story, there is far to much evidence supporting this.
As for Vegetto having trouble with Broly, you are out of your mind. Gohan SSJ1 with some minor help killed Broly in movie 10, he wasn't even SSJ2. Any SSJ2 Could kill Broly in a second.
Vegetto has the Strength of an SSJ2 and SSJ3 combined, plus the whole fusion power up, plus the skilled talents of Goku and Vegeta who are arguably the 2 greatest fighters to ever live in the DB universe.

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:42 pm

Broly is weaker than Cell, end of story, there is far to much evidence supporting this.
Actually there isn't any proof either way. But yeah Vegetto would kill Brolli by blinking.

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:45 pm

Well, Broly in both Movie 8 and 10 was killed by SSJ1s, It took the power of a full force Kamehameha from a SSJ2 to kill Cell.

Sure, you can argue something like Goku with the power from the other Z senshi was stronger than SSJ2 Gohan, but that just seems ludicrous.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:49 pm

Victator Supreme wrote:
Broly is weaker than Cell, end of story, there is far to much evidence supporting this.
Actually there isn't any proof either way. But yeah Vegetto would kill Brolli by blinking.
Actually, it's pretty clear when you look at the movies. In movie 8 the Z Fighters were all weaker than they were at the Cell Games and, while they got pounded pretty well, they weren't completely masacred. Then, in movie 10, it's said that Broly's power hasn't increased any since they last fought him and Gohan, who's now weaker than he was at the Cell Games (to the point that Dabura, who's comparable to Cell, is superior to him) is able to hold his own fairly well against him. Much better than anyone did in movie 8.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:49 pm

omegacwa wrote:Sure, you can argue something like Goku with the power from the other Z senshi was stronger than SSJ2 Gohan, but that just seems ludicrous.
If that was the case, it probably would have caused him to just transform.

But yes, there is a HUGE gap between SSj and SSj2, and even just between the SSj and the "Full Power SSj" thing. Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks went from BARELY not being killed by 17 and 18 to being able to tango with Perfect Cell. That's a HUGE gap, and Broly falls somewhere about halfway between, as do the heroes when they fight him in movie 8.
deviantART
[thread]

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Xyex wrote:
Victator Supreme wrote:
Actually, it's pretty clear when you look at the movies. In movie 8 the Z Fighters were all weaker than they were at the Cell Games and, while they got pounded pretty well, they weren't completely masacred. Then, in movie 10, it's said that Broly's power hasn't increased any since they last fought him and Gohan, who's now weaker than he was at the Cell Games (to the point that Dabura, who's comparable to Cell, is superior to him) is able to hold his own fairly well against him. Much better than anyone did in movie 8.
Its a bunch of conjecture you can use to make either srgument. Don't confuse that with actual proof.
Last edited by Victator Supreme on Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:19 pm

I think this thread was made just to make me "nerd rage".
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:19 pm

Would Broly beat Kid Buu?
Broly!

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:23 pm

KingBroly wrote:Would Broly beat Kid Buu?
No

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:24 pm

KingBroly wrote:Would Broly beat Kid Buu?
Never
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

KingBroly
Beyond Newbie

Post by KingBroly » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:25 pm

why?
Broly!