Original script?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Original script?

Post by B » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:45 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuCGRbcql0M

At 7:05, what does Vegeta say in the original? "Throw you into the wind" sounds really "HARDCORE FUCK YEAH FUNIMATION."
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:00 pm

You mean the original for what Vegeta says he'll do to Buu so that he won't be able to regenerate (video's taking way too long to load, so screw it)? It's こなごなに吹っ飛ばす/konagona ni futtobasu, to blow him to smithereens, essentially. That's from the manga; the line in the anime might be slightly different (but probably not).
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:04 pm

Okay, so FUNi embellished the line.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Re: Original script?

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:05 pm

B wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuCGRbcql0M

At 7:05, what does Vegeta say in the original? "Throw you into the wind" sounds really "HARDCORE FUCK YEAH FUNIMATION."
How is "throw you into the wind" hardcore? If he said something like
"I'LL BLAST YOU TO THE NORTHPOLE YOU PINK PARASITE!" Then I'd see where you are coming from. (Holy shit I could totally write for Funi's X-treme squad.)
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:16 pm

I knew something semi-positive towards Funimation could not go too long without someone showing up with a negative statement. :lol:
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Saiyan-Professor wrote:I knew something semi-positive towards Funimation could not go too long without someone showing up with a negative statement. :lol:
Who are you referring to? This thread wasn't positive to begin with. He was saying how corny a line sounded in the Funi dub and wanted to know what the original was. As for me I was saying compared to Funi's other awful lines the one he pointed wasn't all too bad. Herms just told us the original line.

In conclusion watchu' talkin' bout' Willis?

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:27 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:
Saiyan-Professor wrote:I knew something semi-positive towards Funimation could not go too long without someone showing up with a negative statement. :lol:
Who are you referring to? This thread wasn't positive to begin with. He was saying how corny a line sounded in the Funi dub and wanted to know what the original was. As for me I was saying compared to Funi's other awful lines the one he pointed wasn't all too bad. Herms just told us the original line.

In conclusion watchu' talkin' bout' Willis?
Well I was referring to your comment because it is hard for me to determine where “B” is on things half the time. By the way, I love the Different Strokes reference. :)

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:38 pm

I wasn't really complaining about the line, but the fact the line itself was seemingly trying to create a "cool" atmosphere is what intrigued me. I guess "hardcore" wasn't the right word.

Now, a little before the wind line, where Vegeta pulls out that "pink bloated bubblegum balloon FREAK!" There's a line I could live without. THAT didn't need all those adjectives before we got to the meat of the insult, "freak." "Pink freak" would've sufficed.

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:22 pm

FUNi's subs say, if I'm not mistaken: "In order to defeat you, I'm going to make sure you can't restore yourself, by blowing you to tiny bits!!"

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Original script?

Post by Dr. Casey » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:29 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:How is "throw you into the wind" hardcore? If he said something like
"I'LL BLAST YOU TO THE NORTHPOLE YOU PINK PARASITE!" Then I'd see where you are coming from. (Holy shit I could totally write for Funi's X-treme squad.)
... the sad thing is, that sounds completely authentic.

I think Neptune should join Funi's X-treme squad. That sort of dialogue is a lot more tolerable when it's supposed to be bad.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:35 pm

I always did like FUNi's 'embellishment' of Vegeta's line.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:53 pm

Being blown to bits sounds more...err, final than just being "crushed and thrown into the wind" ;p

-Corey

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:16 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:I always did like FUNi's 'embellishment' of Vegeta's line.
I agree, I always thought the Japanese Vegeta was bland at times. It is the Funimation’s version that made me a big fan of the character.

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:15 am

Saiyan-Professor wrote:I agree, I always thought the Japanese Vegeta was bland at times. It is the Funimation’s version that made me a big fan of the character.
:shock:

Okay, I know everyone automatically labels me as "Mr. Fuck-FUNimation," but...can you help me understand this one? I don't get the "bland Japanese Vegeta" part.

-Corey

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:35 am

MajinVejitaXV wrote:
Saiyan-Professor wrote:I agree, I always thought the Japanese Vegeta was bland at times. It is the Funimation’s version that made me a big fan of the character.

Okay, I know everyone automatically labels me as "Mr. Fuck-FUNimation," but...can you help me understand this one? I don't get the "bland Japanese Vegeta" part.

-Corey
He was more passionate (in the sense of showing intense feeling and emotion) and he recognized Kakarrot as a “clown”. :D

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:50 am

Saiyan-Professor wrote:He was more passionate (in the sense of showing intense feeling and emotion) and he recognized Kakarrot as a “clown”. :D
I disagree, but fair enough.

-Corey

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:28 am

Saiyan-Professor wrote:
MajinVejitaXV wrote:

-Corey
He was more passionate (in the sense of showing intense feeling and emotion) and he recognized Kakarrot as a “clown”. :D
Sabat also does a very intense Vegeta. He tries very hard to do that voice and Vegeta tries very hard at a lot of things so it fits, IMO.

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:50 am

It's been so long since I've watched the dub that I honestly can't remember what Vegeta sounds like there. I remember him doing a good job, though he still pales in comparison to Japanese Vegeta's masterful performance.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:09 am

I also didn't really dislike the "Throw you into the wind" part when I was still watching the dub, but I did dislike Vegeta constantly calling Goku a "clown"...

But needless to say, I also liked the Japanese version of this episode better.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:11 am

Mentioning of which can anyone tell me when Vegeta's balls drop and he stops his incredibly poor Brian Drummond impression?