Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:56 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Fat Buu (Against Goku): 1 Trillion
Good Buu: 400 Billion
Grey Buu: 600 Billion
Evil Buu: 2 Quadrillion
Buff Buu: 4 Quadrillion
Pure Buu: 1.125 Trillion
Uub (Enraged): 500 Billion -> 1.125 Trillion

Wow, quadrillions already? I wonder which numbers you have BoG/RoF and GT characters...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:20 pm

Noah wrote:

Wow, quadrillions already? I wonder which numbers you have BoG/RoF and GT characters...
I don't like big numbers either, so when I'm doing PLs and see that the numbers are getting huge, I cut some zeroes.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:23 pm

Noah wrote:

I believe he doesn't go with Freeza > Goku.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:23 pm

Darkron2151 wrote:Where do you all have the different Buu incarnations?
  • Fat Buu (Against Goku): 20,000,000,000.
    Good Buu: 20,000,000,000.
    Grey Buu: 30,000,000,000.
    Evil Buu: 100,000,000,000.
    Buff Buu: 125,000,000,000.
    Pure Buu: 40,000,000,000.
    Uub (Enraged): 40,000,000,000.

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:26 pm

Do you all think the Super Saiyan Multipliers from the SEG still apply for Fusions? If so, what do you all think they are? Did Goku not know it would be a different boost when he hypothesized Gotenks' superiority over Buu (if it was)?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:27 pm

Darkron2151 wrote:Do you all think the Super Saiyan Multipliers from the SEG still apply for Fusions?
Until we're told otherwise, I see no reason why they would be different. It wouldn't surprise me if Toriyama said such a thing at random in a future interview.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:39 pm

Darkron2151 wrote:Do you all think the Super Saiyan Multipliers from the SEG still apply for Fusions? If so, what do you all think they are? Did Goku not know it would be a different boost when he hypothesized Gotenks' superiority over Buu (if it was)?
I go with consistent fusion boost, but not consistent SS boost, while using fusion.

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:45 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Darkron2151 wrote: I go with consistent fusion boost, but not consistent SS boost, while using fusion.
But if that's the case, how do the Base kids, when fusing into Base Gotenks, get a bigger fusion boost than SSJ kids fusing into SSJ Gotenks? That's not consistent.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:36 pm

Darkron2151 wrote:But if that's the case, how do the Base kids, when fusing into Base Gotenks, get a bigger fusion boost than SSJ kids fusing into SSJ Gotenks? That's not consistent.
To clarify I deem the fusion boost only consistent with their max powers, which in Saiyans' cases are Super Saiyan forms.

Here for example:
Goku tells Goten and Trunks to power up to their max and they do so revealing powers of..
SS Goten/Trunks: 5
Goku then applies the Fusion multiplier, which is 50x the weaker character and he calculates that Gotenks will end up with..
SS Gotenks: 250
which is enough to defeat the main villain..
Fat Buu: 200.
within 30 minutes.
Base form just ends up arbitrarily ½ of SS, as I liked the idea of the characters finding ways to get closer and closer to draw out their hidden power in their basic state, rather than going with the disadvantageous SS forms.

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:49 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Here for example:
Goku tells Goten and Trunks to power up to their max and they do so revealing powers of..
SS Goten/Trunks: 5
Goku then applies the Fusion multiplier, which is 50x the weaker character and he calculates that Gotenks will end up with..
SS Gotenks: 250
which is enough to defeat the main villain..
Fat Buu: 200.
within 30 minutes.
Base form just ends up arbitrarily ½ of SS, as I liked the idea of the characters finding ways to get closer and closer to draw out their hidden power in their basic state, rather than going with the disadvantageous SS forms.
So, by your system, how would Gogeta operate if Goku has SSJ3 while Vegeta caps out at SSJ2?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:06 pm

Darkron2151 wrote:So, by your system, how would Gogeta operate if Goku has SSJ3 while Vegeta caps out at SSJ2?
This thread is moving faster than normal, but last time we were asked for our fusion formulas(barely days ago) I posted it all. So it should be on the page before this, but I can reiterate here:

A rule I introduced was if the difference between A and B is less than double, then it's just the weaker fighter times 50. This applies to Gotenks.
If the difference between A and B is more than double, then it's the weaker fighter times 50 with the remaining power of the stronger fighter added on top of that.

So:

Goku/Vegeta: 1
-SS: 50
-SS2: 100

SS3 Goku: 400.

Gogeta: 100*50+400
SS3 Gogeta: 5400.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:05 pm

Darkron2151 wrote:Do you all think the Super Saiyan Multipliers from the SEG still apply for Fusions? If so, what do you all think they are? Did Goku not know it would be a different boost when he hypothesized Gotenks' superiority over Buu (if it was)?
I prefer to keep the SEG Super Saiyan boosts and have the Fusion formula be undefined. Since the only thing we know about Fusion is that result is "greater than the sum of both parts" it can be interpreted any way we want. As for the whole "Goku says SS Gotenks would be better than Boo" thing, I don't think he was calculating any formula in his head, like "the Metamorans I know in the afterlife were at a 1, and when they fuse, they become a 10. Goten and Trunks are already at 10, so when the fuse, they should be at a 100." I think his thought process was more like "Goten and Trunks are already pretty strong, so when they fuse, they'll get REALLY strong. Hopefully strong enough to beat Boo."
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:02 am

Darkron2151 wrote:Where do you all have the different Buu incarnations?
  • Fat Buu (Against Goku)
    Good Buu
    Grey Buu
    Evil Buu
    Buff Buu
    Pure Buu
    Uub (Enraged)
My buu arc tier list is just one post above yours.
  • 4 Buuhan, buutenks
    5 Ultimate gohan
    (5.5 Buff buu , SS3 gotenks , Piccolo-buu)
    6 Super buu base
    7 Kid buu , SS3 goku , SS gotenks (post)
    8 SS gotenks (Pre) , skinny buu
    9 Fat buu, Mr buu, Good buu
BTW, does anyone have a DB Multiverse PL List? Wanted to make one for fun, and am kinda wondering if anyone else did the same (or if anyone follows it).
I have one. I posted it quite some time ago, & if you're interested, i can post it again. I'll also post improved list after tournament progresses further.
Do you all think the Super Saiyan Multipliers from the SEG still apply for Fusions? If so, what do you all think they are? Did Goku not know it would be a different boost when he hypothesized Gotenks' superiority over Buu (if it was)?
Not for gotenks at least. Seeing how base gotenks was confident on beating someone who was above SS vegeta & gohan , he must be superior to SS kids atleast (piccolo didn't try stopping him in tracks too).

SS gotenks is nowhere near 40-50x SS kids. He was weaker than SS3 goku. SS3 goku is NOT 40x stronger than SS trunks / cell jr.

Also, SS3 is not that much of difference for gotenks. He moves up by like 2x max, seeing how SS gotenks wasn't doing bad against super buu & SS3 gotenks didn't have really huge advantage on buu.
DanielSSJ wrote:
I prefer to keep the SEG Super Saiyan boosts and have the Fusion formula be undefined. Since the only thing we know about Fusion is that result is "greater than the sum of both parts" it can be interpreted any way we want. As for the whole "Goku says SS Gotenks would be better than Boo" thing, I don't think he was calculating any formula in his head, like "the Metamorans I know in the afterlife were at a 1, and when they fuse, they become a 10. Goten and Trunks are already at 10, so when the fuse, they should be at a 100." I think his thought process was more like "Goten and Trunks are already pretty strong, so when they fuse, they'll get REALLY strong. Hopefully strong enough to beat Boo."
I agree.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:24 am

dbgtFO wrote:
I go with consistent fusion boost, but not consistent SS boost, while using fusion.
Interesting, I personally think a consistent fusion boost makes sense for the Dance but given that the Potara can join whoever the hell together regardless of height, power and a lot of other variables the Dance needs, I think it doesn't have a set multiplier.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:28 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Interesting, I personally think a consistent fusion boost makes sense for the Dance but given that the Potara can join whoever the hell together regardless of height, power and a lot of other variables the Dance needs, I think it doesn't have a set multiplier.
Agreed. That's how I justify the Kaioshin + Kibito merger; their power being way too different so it's not as effective as Goku + Vegeta.

I think I've said several times, how I've made my final power level list, guess I should stop saying that as here comes another revision!(based on my tier list found a few pages back)
Dragon Ball Pilaf Arc - 23rd TB Arc
Saiyan Arc - Freeza Arc
Multipliers
Cell Arc - Buu Arc
BoG Arc - Ro[F] Arc
Bonus! Dragon Ball GT - BoG, RoF and DBS ignored
Last edited by dbgtFO on Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:12 am, edited 13 times in total.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:12 am

my not so serious power level list:

Freeza arc:
Trunks arc:
Android arc:
Cell arc:
Cell games:
Buu arc:
Battle of gods:
GT
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:10 am

dbgtFO wrote: Bonus! Dragon Ball GT - BoG, RoF and DBS ignored
That was an interesting list, you have SSJ4 Goku and Whis equals and SSJ4 Gogeta leagues above Beerus, I think I may agree with this.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:26 am

Noah wrote:
That was an interesting list, you have SSJ4 Goku and Whis equals and SSJ4 Gogeta leagues above Beerus, I think I may agree with this.
Considering that Goku stated that fusion, implying Vegetto/Gogeta, wouldn't be enough to defeat Beerus who using no more than roughly 1-5% of his power when he kicked SSJ3 Goku's ass in Battle Of Gods, and it's strongly implied in the anime comic for the Goku Jr GT TV Special, which aired between the Baby and Super 17 arcs, that Super Vegetto may be as strong as, or possible even stronger, than SSJ4 Goku, I'd say Beerus, and by extension Whis, are way beyond the realm of power that SSJ4's can dish out.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:58 pm

Noah wrote:
The list ignores BoG,RoF,and Super.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:13 pm

Noah wrote:
Yes, but they are not exactly supposed to correlate, as I ignored BoG, RoF and Super, when making the GT levels.
The high tier GT characters being so strong compared to Super characters is just because of the moderate approach applied to the both of them, meaning their power levels won't be much higher than necessary. GT Goku can apparently fight up to Buu level characters in base, but even at his best is immensely weaker than "the strongest ki he has ever felt."
Somehow it just so happened that SS4 Goku ended up as strong as Whis, which is a pretty funny coincidence, when I also had to work in all my multipliers etc.
But once again, as Helios stated above me, they are not supposed to correlate.