The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:Is this real ? Or is this promotional art? I got it off a random site. But idk the art looks like toritoro. But I have been wrong before. What do you guys think? Is this just a good fake or maybe something with games or maybe the show?

It's promotional art for Dragon Ball Heroes.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:29 pm

Someone knows what's the Orange bricks and how I get it?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:01 pm

ahill1 wrote:Someone knows what's the Orange bricks and how I get it?
"Orange Bricks" refers to FUNimation's Dragon Ball Z TV series DVD release from 2007-2009 (the ones that were first cropped to widescreen). It's a colloquial name for a home video release, and has nothing to do with translation.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:14 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
ahill1 wrote:Someone knows what's the Orange bricks and how I get it?
"Orange Bricks" refers to FUNimation's Dragon Ball Z TV series DVD release from 2007-2009 (the ones that were first cropped to widescreen). It's a colloquial name for a home video release, and has nothing to do with translation.
Sorry. But I've heard more than once people saying: " These translations are from the 'Orange Bricks' " or something like this. Do you know what's this about?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:16 pm

They may be referring to the English subtitle/translation track that goes with the original Japanese version of the show that's on the discs. The translation was done by Steven J. Simmons and are widely accepted and acknowledged as accurate.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:24 pm

VegettoEX wrote:They may be referring to the English subtitle/translation track that goes with the original Japanese version of the show that's on the discs. The translation was done by Steven J. Simmons and are widely accepted and acknowledged as accurate.

Yep. They have professional translators at funimation and their translations are on point. MUCH better then fan subs, and it's legal. Hulu has the orange bricks subbed so you can see what some are translated from there.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:33 pm

VegettoEX wrote:They may be referring to the English subtitle/translation track that goes with the original Japanese version of the show that's on the discs. The translation was done by Steven J. Simmons and are widely accepted and acknowledged as accurate.
Do you know how I get these Steven Simmons translations?

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:36 pm

ahill1 wrote:
...Buy the product...?
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:43 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:
ahill1 wrote:
...Buy the product...?
This seems like a recurring theme.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:47 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:
ahill1 wrote:
...Buy the product...?
I was wondering about replying the same thing, but I thought I would sound too harsh on him :lol:

The translations are part of the whole product, and since this content is licensed, you have no legal way to acquire those translations other than buying it.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:44 am

Is the script for Kai #97 same as Z #192 ? Even the official subtitles say this weird thing about Kaio coming back to life but deciding to show Goku the Other World.
Last edited by Kuririn Fan on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:39 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:Is the script for Kai #97 same as Z #192 ? Even the official subtitles say this weird thing of Kaio coming back to life but deciding to show Goku the Other World.
The official Kai subtitles are wrong, incorporating a dumb error from a bad fansub. Not Funi's proudest moment.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:16 am

Kaboom wrote:There were claims that it also said something about the massive power amplification of Goku's Dragon Fist attack making up for the SS3/Ultimate difference.
That doesn't sound familiar at all. Is there a scan of this part too?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

hellobooboo14
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hellobooboo14 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:05 am

I know Herms has already translated this part.

Chapter: 438 (DBZ 244), P5.5
Context: after Gohan gets matched with Kibito in round 1
Goku: “You’d better not let your guard down. I don’t think he’s just some regular joe.”
Gohan: “Y-yeah…I get that feeling too.”

Can someone elaborate on the regular joe part in the picture below? Within the context of a saiyajin that's going to fight him, are there talking in the sense 'even for a saiyajin, Gohan should be careful?'

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:40 am

I think Goku is saying Kibit doesn't look like he is an ordinary/avarage fighter, implying he must be pretty strong. It doesn't extrapolate more than that.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:05 pm

Hey I know it says in the Viz translation that Gohan is 16 at the beginning of the Boo saga. Does the japanese version say that also?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:48 pm

You can check this thread. It might help you.

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:08 pm

It's a pity that we only have access to Viz, a shit translation regarding power debates. Don't you guys know any other translations that are reliable as Herms?

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:12 pm

ahill1 wrote:It's a pity that we only have access to Viz, a shit translation regarding power debates. Don't you guys know any other translations that are reliable as Herms?
I've been told that the Korean and the Chinese translations are very accurate. I think the German one is also. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:50 pm

ahill1 wrote:It's a pity that we only have access to Viz, a shit translation regarding power debates. Don't you guys know any other translations that are reliable as Herms?
Well, I think Viz and Herms' translations focus on different aspects of the language. While Herms does a super-duper-job, his translations, while accurate, are very focused on strength debates, which sometimes feels odd when I read. I mean, you can say the same thing with different words to catch the reader's attention and that's fine.