Your Kanzenshuu (prev. Daizenshuu EX/Kanzentai) Discovery & Introduction

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NothiaBlue

Re: Your Kanzenshuu (prev. "Daizenshuu EX") Introduction

Post by NothiaBlue » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:37 pm

Hello!
I'm Nothiablue; you can shorten it if you want.
I remember watching some Dragon Ball/Z/GT as a kid. I got back into it around middle school and then some time in high school. Now I'm in college and it's hit me once again. Right now I'm watching Super and I'm fairly happy with it.

Been lurking here for a few days and decided to get an account. I might post some art on here... if I make something I'm happy with. Other than that I'll mainly post some opinions and gush about some cool thing here and there.
I'm looking forward to a good time!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

smoothkaz

Post by smoothkaz » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:02 am

Greetings my friends.

I've been lurking for many a year now, and have followed the website and podcast for even longer, since I was a wee lad who picked up Dragon Ball vol. 9 from the library and had an internet connection.

I hope to enjoy my time here.

Ohms
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ohms » Sun May 01, 2016 9:43 am

Salutations everyone!

I'm Feeso (for some reason I couldn't sign up with my desired user name, IDK if I can change my name, but for now the Ohms back up name will have to do XD). I have been a lurker on Daizensuu EX since around 2011 so I am familiar with most of the users around here and am a die hard fan of the site and podcast. I never signed up before now due to not being too familiar with forums, also back in 2011 I was only 15 so I wanted to wait till I was older before I joined in. I hope to have a lot of fun discussing the franchise with you all.

Anyway I may as well go over my history with the series. The first time I saw Dragon Ball Z was through an emulated game called Buyū Retsuden for the Megadrive, my passing familiarity with it thanks to my brother meant that I recognized it immediately when I saw the series on Toonami UK in 2002/2003 when I was 7 or 8. This was the Canadian Ocean dub and while watching this version I was hooked, the channel never aired the series in order so part of the fun was working out the order of the story. I had a friend who also watched the show and we played Ultimate Battle 22 and Final Bout on PS1 all the time.

However after this I fell out of falling the series for many years until 2008, when I was 12. My older sister had dragged me to go shopping with her for A level revision books and while in the book store I spotted Volume 12 of Viz's Dragon Ball manga (this is the end of the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai). At first I didn't recognize it due to Goku being so young but then I realized what it was, I begged my sister to buy it for me which sparked my manga collecting hobby.

After reading the manga I found pirate sites that streamed the Funimation dubs of all 3 shows, which I watched and that lead me to developing an interest into anime in general, soon I had watched Naruto, Bleach and One Piece too. It was at this time I found Alternate Reality DBZ by Gozar and through him I found TFS DBZ Abridged (they were only 2 episodes in at the time). I really enjoyed the parodies but the coolest thing that came of this, was finding Daizensuu EX. Since then I've grown as a fan immensely and have developed a love for the Japanese version of the series. (I do think Kai has a good Dub though).

I really love in universe analysis, like that found in the manga review of awesomeness and Lance's Dragon Ball Dissection, however I do enjoy the production side quite a bit. I have a Youtube channel where I review stuff and I'm involved in a few fan edits online like One Pace which removes filler from One Piece.

Sorry for the long post and introduction, in short I am just super excited to discuss Dragon Ball with everyone, especially now we have had a revival with the new movies and anime. I hope to become part of the community!
Youtube reviewing channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaFeeso

I am also an editor for the One Pace fan edit project on AP

I usually go by Feeso, my user name is only Ohms here because I couldn't select Feeso for some reason. haha XD

Lance99

Post by Lance99 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:10 pm

Heyo, everyone!

I'm JC/Lance99 (aka GymLeaderLance99/GLL99 of the Yu-Gi-Oh! fandom haha), and while YGO's probably been the fandom I've been most active in (I've fansubbed GX for 7+ years now, I actively follow ARC-V, I do dub/sub comparisons for 5D's/ARC-V, and am overall a YGO nerd), DB has always been a secondary/tertiary fandom to me (up there with FMA). I grew up watching Z as it aired here in the US and loved it--as evidenced in 2003's huge blackout that left my 13-year-old self impatiently anxious to get back to seeing Goku/Vegeta's misadventures inside Buu--and then watched Dragon Ball and then GT that thing that doesn't exist (though I personally liked the Baby arc lol). As I got heavily into the Japanese side of YGO, I got into the Japanese version of DB while watching Kai's first run in '09 as it aired and slowly got used to Nozawa's Goku voice, as well as the other actors (and Nakao's great Freeza voice), and then Kai's English dub came around and sold me again on the English side while I also kept watching the Japanese version to see the Buu run, as well as see what Super's been up to (I binged up to the end of the F retelling, have to work on the Universe 6 stuff lol). Kai resparked my interest in Dragon Ball, which TFS has also helped for a while now with their amazing DBZ Abridged. I also played some of the video games over the years--my college buddy had Raging Blast 2, I played the Legacy of Goku games back in high school, and had buddies back then who really got into the Budokai games.

So, I've honestly been lurking for a good few years now, getting to recognize some of the members here and whatnot, and thought it'd be great to finally register since this is a great DB forum (the main site also rocks). I'd usually check out the Kai forum (WEN BUU FUNi), the DBZ Abridged thread, and things like SuperSaiyanHedgehog's Yamamoto reinsert project (actually doing a fan edit of my own using YGO 5D's soundtrack haha). Here's to seeing what else is around; hope I'll enjoy my time here!

Marugoto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Marugoto » Tue May 24, 2016 3:56 pm

Yo, I'm Marugoto!

I'm a long time DragonBall fan since 1999. After all Db related shows went off air around where I lived at the time, I mainly stuck to the Manga for years. This changed in early 2010, when I found out about the Dragon Boxes. Owning the Anime in it's entirety, which seemed like an impossible dream throughout the 2000's, suddenly became a reality. Re-watching DBZ for the first time uncut and in Japanese rekindled my passion for the entire franchise. I found out about Dainzenshuu around that same time, and have been lurking here every once in awhile. And now out of the blue I decided to join the forums.

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Kaipiranha

Post by Kaipiranha » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:42 am

Hello everyone :)

I'm Kaipiranha, a 23 years old guy from Belgium (french speaking). I've been a fan of Dragon Ball since I was a child, I can't remember a day without knowing about DB (well, almost).

I't's been a while since I've been on a forum, I hope to spend good times here :)

And I apologize if sometimes my english is not correct :oops:

Robe24

Post by Robe24 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:34 pm

Hi guys, I'm Robe24 from Spain and I'm the biggest Dragon Ball fan around the world, so this is the perfect forum for me :)

AzureAce

Post by AzureAce » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:21 am

Hey everyone! I'm new to Kanzenshuu's forums. I'm a big time Dragon Ball fan, have been for as long as I can remember. I grew up under the English dub of Dragon Ball Z and the fast paced action is what got me into the series. :) I also do YouTube as well on the side with my inspirations for my Dragon Ball content being the likes of Geekdom101, Rhymestyle and Qaaman's Land :D

Jayayo

Post by Jayayo » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:01 pm

Wassup guy's, kanzenshuu is a Hardcore-DB-Fan richer.

I'm Jay [1992] from the Netherrealm... oh i mean The Netherlands :D
i'm quite new on this forum, i always was lurking but never made a account until now.
I'm a HUGE DB fan, and with HUGE i mean:
DB, DBZ, DBGT, DBS all the fan fictions and all the games, i never can have enough dragon ball, but i really hope it will stop before my last breath... :think:
So see you guys around. Peace.
Last edited by Jayayo on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'' Life is like a anime, make every episode count. Nobody likes fillers ''
- Jayayo

MatrixChap
Beyond Newbie

Post by MatrixChap » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:08 pm

Hai dere, I'm MatrixChap.

Decided to come here after my bro's already been here a while, his name is Anime Kitten and stuff.

Some intro stuff can be found below this post in my siggy, but here's some more.

I'm not a huge fan of Dragon Ball, but I can chat with you guys about it. I watched DBKai long ago, but only up to the Cell Games' end.

I've seen a few movies, the last of which being Battle of Gods (so far).

Also been going through GT, currently having watched 7 episodes (I hate this Zoonama mini-arc).

Not too much else to say. I'll just be dropping in and reading and sometimes sharing my thoughts on various things.

Ciao.

Black Tegs

Post by Black Tegs » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:00 pm

Hey thought I'll instant transmission myself here. Hi I'm BlackTegs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvlwczh_IGY

Goku negro

Post by Goku negro » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:52 pm

Hi,
I'm looking forward to debating with you all. Bring your A Game.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:37 pm

Hello everyone,
When I was a kid I grew up watching Dragon Ball and loved all about it; meanwhile, after it stopped airing in my country I never gave it much thought again - until last year (2015). Curiously my brother got the Dragon Ball Xenoverse game and as I played it I discovered tons of content I never met before and since I've been excitedly exploring more and more of it: the 2013 BoG movie, then other movies, then found the DB wiki (which now I know it's not that reliable :lol: ), found DB Multiverse, DBZ Abridged, many other fanfictions, rewatched movies, read the manga... Well, you get it.
Then I found the amazing Kanzenshuu, then FnF movie came out, then a new Super series, I must say, 2015 and 2016 are for now best "dragon ball years" and I hope more good years to come and nurture my inner fan.
About myself: I'm working as an architect, but on spare times I enjoy hitting the gym and playing videogames (odd combination, I know); I'm not the usual anime fan, no blogger, no youtuber, no artist, but I hope I can contribute the best I can.

(Sorry for the x-large post, but it's my first here :? / By the way, I'd appreciate if someone could explain me how to use spoiler tags)
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:50 pm

[ spoiler]No spaces within the brackets.[/spoiler]

Welcome!

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:39 pm

Nejishiki wrote:[ spoiler]No spaces within the brackets.[/spoiler]

Welcome!
Thank you!
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

olympia

Post by olympia » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:51 am

I've only visited Kanzenshuu a few times, and only recently. It does uphold it's reputation as the place to go for Dragon Ball. The name of the site has been name dropped on NeoGaf pretty frequently, and that's what brought me here. I used to frequent ToT when I was a tiny fangirl.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:37 am

olympia wrote:I've only visited Kanzenshuu a few times, and only recently. It does uphold it's reputation as the place to go for Dragon Ball. The name of the site has been name dropped on NeoGaf pretty frequently, and that's what brought me here. I used to frequent ToT when I was a tiny fangirl.
Welcome! I've only caught one of your posts in the wild so far, but it was a great one. Hope you stick around and enjoy your time here.

Son Gara
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Gara » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:59 am

I have been coming to this website a few years now, but I have just now have joined. Don't know what I was thinking as I should of done this years ago. I do remember having fond memories of visiting the original Daizenshuu EX page (way back when, when I would have to sneak into the school library during lunch breaks; which was the only place that I could access the Internet at the time), as well as the other old domains of the day like Planet Namek, Saiyan Island, Da Black Goku's Page, DBZ Uncensored, etc. Thank you for allowing myself to finally join this wonderful community and I look forward to sharing my love of this franchise and have discussion with other great fans from around the world.
"I want the guys at Funimation to carry my casket, so they can let me down one last time" - Wezenheim

Bagginses
Banned

Post by Bagginses » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:11 am

I first knew of the site in the year of 2007 or 2008, I think. The FORUM, I can't remember, however. Probably not long after that.

Sorry for the undetailed post. I may have expand it later with more 'cool' stories of how I got to know DaizEX (yes, I knew about it before it was re-named Kanzenshuu. :D

maroyasha

Post by maroyasha » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:05 pm

How goes it everyone? Name's Aaron, but most people online call me maroyasha or maro for short. I've only really started to look into the forums here on Kanzenshuu. In the past, I've more just used the main site for news and such. But since I'm trying to establish myself in the DB community on youtube and with my own site I thought I'd join the forums finally! I'm hoping to have some great conversations with all of you. Hit me up if ya ever wanna talk about basically anything I guess.