The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: The All-Purpose "Translation Request" Thread

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:26 pm

hellobooboo14 wrote:Can somebody please verify this scan below? More specifically how does Toriyama use the word 'power" within the context of the scene?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The East Kaiōshin was the "youngest and least powerful" (一番若く非力だった), but he somehow managed to escape "merely" greatly injured. The North and West Kaiōshin were killed outright, but the South Kaiōshin, who was the bravest and strongest (一番たくましく強かった) was absorbed by Boo (whose form the Elder Kaiōshin surmises was the extremely muscular one they just saw; Kibito-shin says yes). Next to be absorbed was the Great Kaiōshin, who was fat, but kind and gentle (ふとっていたけどやさしく温和); this absorption caused Boo, who was previously pure evil and would not obey Bibbidi, to come just barely under his control.

So, concludes the Elder Kaiōshin, the little Majin Boo over there is the original, most troublesome one (最初のいちばんやっかいなヤツ). Kibito-shin concurs: The heart which he had gained to the point of diminishing his power (パワーを減らしてまで手に入れた心), has now gone back to the way it was: to evil incarnate, with no self-control whatsoever (自制心がまったくない、悪そのものの存在).
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:37 am

Someone with knowledge of Chinese can translate this?

I'm able to understand most of this special chapter with the Google translate app, but I can't find any sense in that Gohan bubble.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

Trickster
Beyond Newbie

Post by Trickster » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:16 am

Can someone translate this part in the black square and the two white things in the left?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Sorry for bad english. I'm not fluent in your language, so, if you want to correct some mistake of mine, please do it. I'll be grateful

hellobooboo14
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hellobooboo14 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:33 am

Chelentano wrote:Someone with knowledge of Chinese can translate this?

I'm able to understand most of this special chapter with the Google translate app, but I can't find any sense in that Gohan bubble.
If you're talking about Gohan's bubble speech, it says something along the line of "My Zhǔ [Piccolo] has died and I have to search the place he died at".

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:29 am

hellobooboo14 wrote:
Chelentano wrote:Someone with knowledge of Chinese can translate this?

If you're talking about Gohan's bubble speech, it says something along the line of "My Zhǔ [Piccolo] has died and I have to search the place he died at".
I was talking about the whole panel that I posted and I don't think he's really saying that given the multiple translations that I have seen at this point and the fact that Piccolo indeed dies in next page. But thank you for your effort.
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

derpgoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by derpgoku » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:13 pm

An interview with the game producer of XV2
would like for someone to translate it ,not the whole thing,just the highlits.
[spoiler]バンダイナムコエンターテインメントより、2016年11月2日(水)発売予定のプレイステーション4用ソフト『ドラゴンボール ゼノバース2』。プレイヤーは“タイムパトローラー”として、『ドラゴンボール』の歴史を守るため、おなじみのキャラクターたちと敵に挑むことになる。

本記事では、gamescom 2016にも出展されている本作について、プロデューサーを務めるバンダイナムコエンターテインメント 平野真之氏のインタビューをお届け。さらに“歴史改変”が進んでいるというストーリーや、バトルの新要素についてうかがった。

バンダイナムコエンターテインメント
『ドラゴンボール ゼノバース2』プロデューサー
平野真之氏
Masayuki Hirano
(文中は平野)

ゼノバース1 ゼノバース2
▲gamescom 2016の『ドラゴンボール ゼノバース2』エリアの模様。

●本来の歴史とは、まったく違うストーリーが展開!?

――まずは、前作である『ドラゴンボール ゼノバース』が、全世界出荷本数380万本を突破する大ヒットを記録したことについて、感想をお聞かせください。
平野 ヒット作となるように、ゲームのコンセプトからしっかり作ったつもりだったので、多くのユーザーの皆様に届けることができて、純粋にうれしいですね。改めて、原作の『ドラゴンボール』の凄さや、『ドラゴンボール』ファンの方々の熱意を感じました。これだけ多くのユーザーの皆さんに支えていただいているので、ある意味プレッシャーと言いますか、「よりよい作品を作らないと!」という責任感を感じています。『ゼノバース2』は、本当に背筋が伸びる思いで取り組んでいます。

――前作は、とくにどんな点が好評だったのでしょうか。また、国ごとに、ユーザーの傾向の違いはありましたか?
平野 国内ではおもに、ストーリーのおもしろさや、ひとりでもしっかりと遊べる部分などを評価していただきました。海外では、アバターをカスタマイズすることで、自分だけの『ドラゴンボール』キャラクターが作れる点や、マルチプレイで『ドラゴンボール』の世界観を楽しめるところを評価していただいていると聞いています。ほかにも、いろいろな「ここが好き!」というご意見をいただいていて、うれしいです。

――では、各国での好評を受けて、続編の制作が決まったのですか?
平野 『ドラゴンボール ゼノバース』は、“改変されたおなじみのストーリーをもとの形に戻す”という、かなり挑戦的な作品でしたから、それを皆さんに受け入れてもらえるか、不安な気持ちもありました。発売後、ユーザーの皆さんが受け入れてくださっていることが次第にわかってきて、「これはもう続編を作らねば!」と。皆さんの期待に応えたい、という思いが強かったですね。

――“改変された歴史を戻す”というのは、本シリーズの見どころですよね。『ドラゴンボール ゼノバース2』では、その部分はどのように描かれているのでしょうか?
平野 前作のコンセプトは、変わってしまった歴史を直して、孫悟空やベジータの本来の活躍を取り戻そう! というものでした。『ゼノバース2』は、そのコンセプトをさらに進化させ、改変の度合いを深めました。“変わってしまった歴史に、さらにまったく違う歴史が介入する”という、“混沌”がテーマになっています。

――まったく違う歴史、と言いますと?
平野 本来の歴史では、その場にはぜったいいないはずの、ターレスやクウラが闘いに参加してしまったりということですね。すでに発表している通り、フリーザとクウラがタッグで闘うなど、驚きの組み合わせがあります。誰と誰が絡むのか、というところはぜひ楽しみにしていただきたいポイントのひとつです。敵キャラクターどうしが絡むという、ほかではなかなか見られないストーリーが展開していきますので、楽しんでいただきたいですね。

ターレス、ジース、バータ クウラ
――非常に楽しみです! ところで、メインストーリーは前作の2年後とのことですが、“2年後”であるのはなぜですか?
平野 2年後にしたのは、じつは、“自分たちの時間の経過に合わせよう”という考えがあったからなんです。前作が発売されたのが2015年2月ですから、本作が発売される11月には、前作発売から約2年が経過したことになるわけですね。ちなみに、本作のテーマのひとつとして、“2世代”があります。前作の主人公と本作の主人公が、メインストーリーで絡んでいくんです。前作とのつながりはしっかりと描かれますので、ぜひ期待してください。データを引き継ぐと、前作のアバターを登場させることもできますよ。

――なるほど。前作をプレイしていない場合や引き継ぎをしない場合は、前作の主人公にあたるキャラクターは、どのような形で登場しますか?
平野 前作のパッケージの裏面などに描かれていた、“未来の戦士”たちの中から選べるようにしようかな、と考えているところです。まだ模索中なのですが、前作で開催したオンラインでの大会イベント“天下一武道会”で優勝した人たちのアバターを登場させる、という案もありますよ。タイムパトローラーの中でいちばん強い、英雄なわけですからね。もちろん、前作から引き継いで遊んでいただけたらうれしいですが、本作からでも楽しめるようにいろいろと趣向を凝らしています。

――本作から始めても、ストーリーを楽しめるのですね。
平野 もちろんです。今回は、“直したはずの歴史がさらに改変されてしまう”というストーリーですので、前作で登場した名シーンも、再び登場します。とはいえ、さらに歴史が改変されている状態なので、前作と同じ展開かと思いきや、まったく違う展開になるのも見どころですよ。

――初めての人はもちろん、前作を楽しんだ人は、より楽しめるということですね。また、本作では、メインストーリーのほかに、“フリーザ軍に入隊する”というようなサイドストーリー“潜入捜査”がありますね。具体的には、どのようなことをするのでしょうか?
平野 サイドストーリーは、力を入れている部分のひとつです。本シリーズは、“新しい『ドラゴンボール』体験”というものを主軸にしていますから、前作以上に皆さんに新しい体験をしてもらいたいと考えました。今回は“潜入捜査”というシチュエーションで、いろいろな組織などに関わり、『ドラゴンボール』のキャラクターたちと仲を深めていくという新しい体験をしていただけると思います。

――“師匠クエスト”とはまた違って、より世界観やシチュエーションに入り込むような感じでしょうか?
平野 そうですね。イメージとしては、前作の“パラレルクエスト”と、“師匠クエスト”を合体させたような感じです。たとえばフリーザ軍に入れば、ザーボンやドドリアなどの先輩たちと関係を深められますし、フリーザ軍らしく、上にいる人を蹴落としてのし上がるというシチュエーションも、クエストとストーリーで体験できます。ちなみにフリーザ軍には、どの種族でも入隊することができます。ほかにも、カプセルコーポレーションなど、さまざまな場所でサイドストーリーが楽しめます。今後の情報をお待ちください。

潜入捜査
――ところで、本シリーズは海外で展開された『ドラゴンボールオンライン』の設定を取り入れていて、“仮面のサイヤ人”が登場すると聞いていますが……。
平野 “仮面のサイヤ人”は、鳥山先生の深い設定を活かしたいと考え、参戦させることを決めました。『ドラゴンボールオンライン』は、鳥山先生が全面監修を担当したタイトルで、大量の設定やキャラクター、世界観などが用意されていたんです。そのお宝のような設定にスポットライトを当てたい、というのも『ゼノバース』シリーズのコンセプトのひとつですね。

――新たな参戦キャラとしては、人造人間16号もいますが、もし人造人間16号の技を会得したら、人造人間16号のように腕を外したりもできる……?
平野 残念ながら……と言うとおかしいかもしれませんが、さすがに腕は取れないですね(笑)。技の性能はしっかりとそのままに、どの種族でもそのまま技を出せる演出になっています。[/spoiler]

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:09 pm

Can someone provide a good translation this sentence please?

――ところで、本シリーズは海外で展開された『ドラゴンボールオンライン』の設定を取り入れていて、“仮面のサイヤ人”が登場すると聞いていますが……。
平野

“仮面のサイヤ人”は、鳥山先生の深い設定を活かしたいと考え、参戦させることを決めました。『ドラゴンボールオンライン』は、鳥山先生が全面監修を担当したタイトルで、大量の設定やキャラクター、世界観などが用意されていたんです。そのお宝のような設定にスポットライトを当てたい、というのも『ゼノバース』シリーズのコンセプトのひとつですね。
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:11 pm

A fellow French fan asked me to post those two requests, apparently it's related to a heated debate about the Kaioken.

The first one is about what the narrator says in this panel:
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/201 ... 123545.png

The second one is about what Ten Shin Han says in his panel:
http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/11/46/87/74/captur11.png

Bando
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bando » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:15 pm

Hello everyone, I have two questions about this scan:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

1. Was Goku referring to 'Super Saiyan 1' or Super Saiyan as a general term (which would include 1, 2, & 3)? Is one more likely than the other?

Here are some examples of 'Super Saiyan' being used more generally:
[spoiler]Chapter: 444 (DBZ 250), P7.1
Gohan: “Well, I’ve become a Super Saiyan. Now what? Is it alright if I fight like this?”
Note: He said this while in Super Saiyan 2.

Chapter: 450 (DBZ 256), P2.5, P3.5
Context: after Vegeta and Goku talk about Dabra not being that great
Kaioshin: “Un-unbelievable. Is this ‘Super Saiyan’ thing really this great?...Come to think of it, it was quite hard to stop Son Gohan from moving after he became a Super Saiyan…And even that might not have been his full power…”

Chapter: 479 (DBZ 285), P5.2-4
Context: when the Z Sword breaks, after Gohan trained with it for a day
Gohan: “But…thanks to that, my arm strength has increased a lot. That Z Sword was incredibly heavy, after all…Perhaps this was what they meant by me obtaining the greatest power in the world.”
Kaioshin: “I-I get it…If he’s acquired that much power in his regular state, then if he becomes a Super Saiyan it will become an even more substantial power-up…! Ye-yeah! That’s it! That’s definitely the greatest power in the world…!”
Goku: “…But…Is he greater than Majin Boo?...I wonder…”

Chapter: 496 (DBZ 302), P7.2-3
Context: after Gohan transforms into the ‘mightiest of warriors’
Goku: “It re-really is incredible…It’s super-duper…! Absolutely unbelievable…Your appearance has hardly changed…And you ain’t even a Super Saiyan…Yet you’ve been taken to su-such an extreme…”
Elder Kaioshin: “Hmph, transforming isn’t good. That Super whatever-its-called is the wrong way [of doing things]…”[/spoiler]

2. Does adding the squiggly lines in-between "じゅうぶん" emphasize Old Kaioshin's point? Is it another way of saying Gohan and Goku's merging will be much more powerful than Boo? Or does it mean something more like what the anime translates the line as?

Here's the comparison between both translations:
[spoiler]Episode 267
9:19
Old Kaioshin: "If you're going to become Super Saiyan, it's better to do it after you've combined. And even if you don't do so, the power from just the Potara should just be enough."

Chapter: 502 (DBZ 308), P1.3
Context: Goku asks if he should become a Super Saiyan before merging with the Potara, and Elder Kaioshin advices against it
Elder Kaioshin: “If you’re going to become a Super Saiyan, it’s better to do it after merging. But anyway, even without doing that, you’ll probably be plee~~eenty. The Potara’s power is just that amazing!”[/spoiler]

Zetto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zetto » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:57 pm

I was going through the episode guide and I saw that the titles for Dragon Ball episodes 91 and 96, both end with "Kuririn’s Great Strategy". The thing is the card for 91 is romanized as Kuririn no Pāden ne Dai-Sakusen and for 96 as Kuririn no Dai-Sakusen. Kuririn no Pāden ne Dai-Sakusen has clearly something to do with the number 8, which is written next to the japanese symbols. So what does パーでん mean?
Possibly one of the biggest
Greek Dragon Ball Fans.

ドラゴンボール Ντράγκονμπολ

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:03 pm

Name of the card please, i only distinguish the word Berserker Super Saiyan Broly but i don't know the kanji.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Bando
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bando » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:16 pm

Zetto wrote:I was going through the episode guide and I saw that the titles for Dragon Ball episodes 91 and 96, both end with "Kuririn’s Great Strategy". The thing is the card for 91 is romanized as Kuririn no Pāden ne Dai-Sakusen and for 96 as Kuririn no Dai-Sakusen. Kuririn no Pāden ne Dai-Sakusen has clearly something to do with the number 8, which is written next to the japanese symbols. So what does パーでん mean?
Well, I do know Krillin won by having Chaozu try to subtract 9 by 1. After he knocked him out, Krillin shouted the answer was 8. Jisho says パー (pā or paa) is a word for 8.

Not sure what でん (den) means, but Jisho brings up this. "8-way"? "8-method"? Beats me. I also wonder why the katakana ネ (ne) was used right after. Anyway, hope you can get a better answer to your question.
YonedgeHP wrote:Image
Name of the card please, i only distinguish the word Berserker Super Saiyan Broly but i don't know the kanji.
It might be 恐怖 (kyoufu), which means fear, dread, terror, etc. So it could be understood as "Berserker of Dread" or "Berserker of Terror". This card also has 恐怖 written on it, for what it's worth.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:21 am

Cold Skin wrote:A fellow French fan asked me to post those two requests, apparently it's related to a heated debate about the Kaioken.

The first one is about what the narrator says in this panel:
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/201 ... 123545.png

The second one is about what Ten Shin Han says in his panel:
http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/11/46/87/74/captur11.png
Herms' Strength Checker got them covered:

1:
Chapter: 229 (DBZ 35), P1.1
Narrator: “Vegeta's strength has greatly surpassed what Goku had figured on...! That power was such that not even the Kaio-Ken, which doubled Goku's battle power, could give Goku the upper hand... What will you do?! Goku!!"
2:
Chapter: 312 (DBZ 118), P14.2-5
Tenshinhan: "There’s nothing to worry about. Goku will win this match…Aren't you forgetting about the Kaio-Ken? As he is now, Goku is able to endure a maximum of up to about 10 times his power, right?"
Kaio: "Unfortunately... That Ten-Fold Kaio-Ken is what Goku is using now..."
Let me guess the debate is about the incorrectly translated battle power numbers for 100% Freeza and SS Goku and how much Kaioken actually multiplies battle power?

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi! While I understand the general meaning of this panel from the last chapter of DBS's manga, I would like to know exactly what are they saying:

I think that MangaStream might have translated it in a loosely way.

Thank you in advance!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:27 pm

Never saw this image before, does it say something interesting/new?

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:49 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
May someone translate this?
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:17 pm

Helios518 wrote:http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dra ... 0308145156
"In commemoration of my becoming unparalleled/unrivaled/unstoppable, I'll obliterate... this [measly] planet"

Pretty typical villain-speak. Is there something in particular you're after?

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:24 pm

Grimlock wrote:Never saw this image before, does it say something interesting/new?

Pretty sure it's in either Daizenshuu 6 or the Supplemental volume. It's just explaining that the reason for a Super Saiyan illustration with red eyes is that Toriyama sent it as one of his coloring suggestions for Z movie 5, figuring maybe this would look good, too. The blurb doesn't mention it here, but the timetable of the film's production being what it was, Super Saiyan probably hadn't shown up yet in color in Jump when they were finalizing the character designs (its first appearance in full-color wasn't until issue 1991 #21/22, released April 27th of that year; the movie itself came out less than 3 months after that).
Last edited by SaiyaJedi on Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bad double-post. Bad.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:08 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:
Helios518 wrote:http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dra ... 0308145156
"In commemoration of my becoming unparalleled/unrivaled/unstoppable, I'll obliterate... this [measly] planet"

Pretty typical villain-speak. Is there something in particular you're after?
Thanks!, I just wanted to know if this was correct because it gets thrown out a lot.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:26 am

I know this isn't the perfect thread to ask but where does this image come from?

~ War of the Dinobots ~