Forum Upgrade to phpBB 3.1

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Forum Upgrade to phpBB 3.1

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:49 pm

Two things.
1) Avatars seem to have weird problem, were if the picture is bigger then 100x100, it is either too vertical or too horizontal.
2)Sign avatar isn't working as a url.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:51 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Back to this thread after so long. I'm wondering why "New posts" and "Active topics" seem to serve the same purpose. There's no difference between the threads that appear in each one.
It seems like "New posts" are all the new posts in the last 24 hours, whereas "Active topics" are all the threads where the last post is at most a week old.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:00 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:1) Avatars seem to have weird problem, were if the picture is bigger then 100x100, it is either too vertical or too horizontal.
1) I think it was an intentional part of the update. Probably so it doesn't crunch up the avatar.
2) It stopped working since before the upgrade. Still waiting for it to be fixed. :(
dbgtFO wrote:It seems like "New posts" are all the new posts in the last 24 hours, whereas "Active topics" are all the threads where the last post is at most a week old.
That makes "New posts" seem redundant, then. :think:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:35 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:1) Avatars seem to have weird problem, were if the picture is bigger then 100x100, it is either too vertical or too horizontal.
1) I think it was an intentional part of the update. Probably so it doesn't crunch up the avatar.
That's dumb IMO. I hate asking someone to make an avatar for me, because the avatar was 2200x2201.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:38 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:That's dumb IMO. I hate asking someone to make an avatar for me, because the avatar was 2200x2201.
You could always use EZGIF. That's what I use for cropping and resizing.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:06 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:That's dumb IMO. I hate asking someone to make an avatar for me, because the avatar was 2200x2201.
You could always use EZGIF. That's what I use for cropping and resizing.
I actual made a couple avatars back in December, but I'm not the best at making them looking like how I want them to.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:36 pm

I've always wondered why there's two "Index page" listings in the View Online function. One at the top, and another at the bottom. It seems redundant, and only serves to clutter the page, to my knowledge.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:00 pm

I have (-1) on the PM notifications was wondering what it means?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:24 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I have (-1) on the PM notifications was wondering what it means?
Wait, what? (-1)? How is that even possible? :shock:
MyAnimeList | AniList

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:22 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I've always wondered why there's two "Index page" listings in the View Online function. One at the top, and another at the bottom. It seems redundant, and only serves to clutter the page, to my knowledge.
Are you talking about the "Board Index" breadcrumb links?
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I have (-1) on the PM notifications was wondering what it means?
Hmm... Apparently many other forums have reported this as well and it appears the phpBB development team is aware of the issue, although they also don't know what's causing it. Technically that's not supposed to happen though, as there is code in the PM functions script that is supposed to look for and remove negative numbers. For now we'll just have to live with it, unfortunately.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:56 pm

Hujio wrote:
Hmm... Apparently many other forums have reported this as well and it appears the phpBB development team is aware of the issue, although they also don't know what's causing it. Technically that's not supposed to happen though, as there is code in the PM functions script that is supposed to look for and remove negative numbers. For now we'll just have to live with it, unfortunately.
Ah I see at any rate It seems to have cleared up now, :) so if pops up again I'll know not to worry, thought it might of meant a PM was sending or something.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:38 pm

Hujio wrote:Are you talking about the "Board Index" breadcrumb links?
No; within the View Online function, there's two listings for "Index page": one at the top and another at the bottom.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
MyAnimeList | AniList

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:33 pm

Sorry to double post, but the User Control Panel still doesn't accept SignAvatar. Is there any way you could fix this?
MyAnimeList | AniList

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:00 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Sorry to double post, but the User Control Panel still doesn't accept SignAvatar. Is there any way you could fix this?
Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that. It's a change phpBB implemented for security reasons, as it's not too safe to allow disguised files with bogus file extensions to be inserted into the database. Therefore, for security reasons, I'm not willing to undo it. Technically speaking, SignAvatar links never should have been allowed to begin with.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:20 pm

Hujio wrote:[spoiler]Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that. It's a change phpBB implemented for security reasons, as it's not too safe to allow disguised files with bogus file extensions to be inserted into the database. Therefore, for security reasons, I'm not willing to undo it. Technically speaking, SignAvatar links never should have been allowed to begin with.[/spoiler]
All right, thanks. Though that begs the question, what about the users who still use SignAvatar, from before the link wasn't allowed? If it's unsafe, should their links be altered or they be encouraged to change them manually?
MyAnimeList | AniList

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat May 06, 2017 1:34 pm

I don’t know if this is the right place to ask this question, but I don’t feel the need to create a thread for it - are there really 4,855 members online at the same time on September 16 last year, or is it just a glitch? Just curious.

If I recall correctly, the last record for most users online was just around 800 about 4 years ago, so the new record seems too big of a jump. Even at times where the forum is very crowed (like when a new Super episode airs), I’ve never the seen the forum having 1,000 members online at the same time.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue May 09, 2017 7:46 pm

Recently the avatars got bigger on mobile, they weren't like this hours ago. Happens in both vertical and horizontal mode.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue May 09, 2017 10:52 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Recently the avatars got bigger on mobile, they weren't like this hours ago. Happens in both vertical and horizontal mode.
"Snip"
"Snip"
Mine look fine, Image
This might be a issue on your end.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu May 11, 2017 1:29 am

I'm so awesome that I have big and small avatars appearing at once.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu May 11, 2017 3:58 pm

I got it now to.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸