2017 is shaping up to be a mini-DB resurgence in the U.S

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: 2017 is shaping up to be a mini-DB resurgence in the U.S

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:17 pm

Sure, it's going to be a huge resurgence hopefully. If this new media is popular in the West then hopefully a new generation of fans can come and the fanbase won't die out (like it has for almost everything I like because no new material gets released after it's finished)
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:18 am

mecha3000 wrote:Guys, to be fair - I did mention "at least U.S and Canada" so I did acknowledge it wasn't for everyone. Also, I figured this thread might cause some controversy eventually with the "outside Japan" part - but I couldn't think of a way to describe the title without saying that because I knew some fans might be like, "You idiot, 2015 was the real DB renaissance because that's when we got Xenoverse, Resurrection 'F', and Super". So, I just said OUTSIDE JAPAN.

However, I do agree and understand that I shouldn't just acknowledge the English speaking places - so I'll change the title to better reflect what I'm talking about.
Want help with dates and happenings internationally :-)?

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:00 pm

The most important thing is missing, there's only ONE English Dragon Ball Full Color release for next year, the final volume of the Freeza Arc, there's no listings for the Artificial Humans/Cell Arc anywhere!

alexhermit
Not-So-Newbie

Post by alexhermit » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:22 pm

I have zero interest in watching english dub! Especially with how boring the show was during the BoG,RoF and even Universe 6 tournament for the most part.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:29 pm

There are other dubs you know!

But I get what you mean.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

dougo13
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: 2017 is shaping up to be a mini-DB resurgence outside Japan, at least

Post by dougo13 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:03 am

mecha3000 wrote:Guys, it's been confirmed. 2017 will be a tremendous year to be a DB fan!!!
It'll be a big year for other anime fandoms as well. I'd love to be able to take in the first theatrical showing of Space Battleship Yamato 2202 but (alas) I once again lack the funds. For me, that show will always trump DB since it was one of the first anime shows I latched onto back in the 1970s. But these days I wake on Sundays to 2 shows, One Piece and DB Super, so it's all okay...