"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ciccioDM

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ciccioDM » Wed May 03, 2017 8:20 am

I've made a pastebin of the whole Toyotarō interview. Sorry if there are errors in my english translations! It should be okay, anyways: https://pastebin.com/K7FGtFfp

The most important thing that caught my attention is this:
Q: Some time ago, he said you are the most faithful mangaka to his work and style. He even said that you, today, have a dynamism that he claims to have lost; he prompted you to express freely, stating that he would be very curious about the final result. How did you take it?

T: Letting me go. And even if, for a fan like me, it feels great to have Toriyama's approvation on more traditional drawings, some of my greatest satisfactions stem from seeing him approve my original ideas: new moves, new expressions. And something else, in the future.
Upcoming Toyotarō original story/ies?

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:25 am

I really don't want buu to be replaced that shit pissed me off in the champa arc I don't want that shit happening again.
I really hope there just trolling us with this shit instead of actually meaning it what's the point hyping all ten member's if your going to screw one over.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:29 am

kinisking wrote:Do you guys think people would be upset if they replaced Roshi with Yamcha ?
It would suck but I'll live with it.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 03, 2017 8:36 am

Q: I've heard Toriyama has a direct role into your work, right?

T: Not only mine: he supervises every storyboard related to the Dragon Ball universe.

So Toriyama supervises the anime storyboards?

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed May 03, 2017 8:40 am

T: Not only mine: he supervises every storyboard related to the Dragon Ball universe.
This caught my eye. Interesting. Every storyboard? What does that include? Toriyama might be more hands-on involved than we thought in a lot that's been coming out recently.

Also, I'm curious about that last answer. I love the current team, so whoever replaces anybody for U7 better be worth it. I don't like being cock teased like that.
Outside of U7 the only one I can see being forgotten is Hit: he had his rematch with Goku and got no push in either the marketing or the intro, so that could raise a few eyebrows.

Just hope it's not Piccolo or Buu getting the shaft. Piccolo I love and Buu is the most interesting fighter.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:45 am

Draconic wrote:

This caught my eye. Interesting. Every storyboard? What does that include? Toriyama might be more hands-on involved than we thought in a lot that's been coming out recently.

Also, I'm curious about that last answer. I love the current team, so whoever replaces anybody for U7 better be worth it. I don't like being cock teased like that.
Outside of U7 the only one I can see being forgotten is Hit: he had his rematch with Goku and got no push in either the marketing or the intro, so that could raise a few eyebrows.

Just hope it's not Piccolo or Buu getting the shaft. Piccolo I love and Buu is the most interesting fighter.
He's universe 6 best fighter plus we saw him in the intro
So no way he's getting cutoff.

RafaelLeon

Post by RafaelLeon » Wed May 03, 2017 8:55 am

I don't see why people would think that Hit has been underused or forgotten. He had a whole mini-arc for himself, is featured in a somewhat highlighted way in the opening, and is undeniably the most powerful fighter in U6.

Truth be told, though, that Cabba is much more likely to be a popular character because of personality. Hit appeals to the nostalgic audience (most of us) while Cabba appeals to the target audience of DBS (early teens).

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:14 am

RafaelLeon wrote:I don't see why people would think that Hit has been underused or forgotten. He had a whole mini-arc for himself, is featured in a somewhat highlighted way in the opening, and is undeniably the most powerful fighter in U6.

Truth be told, though, that Cabba is much more likely to be a popular character because of personality. Hit appeals to the nostalgic audience (most of us) while Cabba appeals to the target audience of DBS (early teens).
From what I've seen so far, female fans find Cabba cute.

And for some reason Frost is also popular among the japanese fandom despite getting horrible treatment in the anime(he is featured in the games).

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:15 am

Okay lets look at the people that aren't getting replace
Goku,vegeta,gohan,piccolo,18,17,krillin,tien.
The only two that a chance to be replaced are either buu or roshi
Hopefully non of them get replaced and again toyo isn't serious.
Anyway didn't last week trailer hype something intresting on goku day or something?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed May 03, 2017 9:22 am

If, BIG if, anybody in the team gets replaced before the Tournament starts I'll have a nice 'Fuck you.' kept in my back-pocket for whichever part of Toei handled the advertising; because that is shitty as hell.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed May 03, 2017 9:24 am

pacz360 wrote:Okay lets look at the people that aren't getting replace
Anyway didn't last week trailer hype something intresting on goku day or something?
The only person who it could be is Buu.

Goku, Piccolo, Gohan and Tien are together in episode 90 and I am going to assume Roshi is with them.

Vegeta is fighting in the opening and 17 should be there because what would be the point of him returning.

Krillin and 18 will also turn up.

The only other possibility is there being 11 members with Yamcha being the 11 member.

I think Yamcha making the teams 11 a side is what Toriyama needs to do now.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed May 03, 2017 9:29 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:

Goku, Piccolo, Gohan and Tien are together in episode 90 and I am going to assume Roshi is with them.

Vegeta is fighting in the opening and 17 should be there because what would be the point of him returning.

The only other possibility is there being 11 members with Yamcha being the 11 member.

Absolutely no way Vegeta is left off. Absolutely no way. They already resolved his reason to not go.

Only person Is be okay with is Roshi. I like him but lets face it....he has no business in this tier of competition unless the bottoms of other universe are also weak.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 03, 2017 9:38 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Q: I've heard Toriyama has a direct role into your work, right?

So Toriyama supervises the anime storyboards?
Man that changes the game in terms of what is involvement in the series is. Fair play to him if this true.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:41 am

So don't we get any info on the episode summary this saturday or no?

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed May 03, 2017 9:47 am

kinisking wrote:Do you guys think people would be upset if they replaced Roshi with Yamcha ?
I would be glad, but sadly it's not happening. It seems Yamcha's role will only be as a joke in this arc which is truly upsetting.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed May 03, 2017 9:56 am

Dunno if some of you remember but, not so long ago, I accidentally spreaded fear that some fighters could have been replaced, based solely on my feelings

Well, ehr...

Q: Tell us something about the upcoming Dragon Ball Super arc.

A: I can only say this: do not think you already know the definitive teams for the upcoming Tournament of Power. Even if they have been already revealed

Maybe I got that for real :lol:

I still believe will be Buu the one to be replaced, he will fall asleep after a big binge, going fat again and sleeping for days

The real question is: who the hell will replace him? Could really be Yamcha?! Or some surprise member?

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Wed May 03, 2017 9:58 am

ciccioDM wrote:I've made a pastebin of the whole Toyotarō interview. Sorry if there are errors in my english translations! It should be okay, anyways: https://pastebin.com/K7FGtFfp

The most important thing that caught my attention is this:

Upcoming Toyotarō original story/ies?
He has been credited for some of the GoDs in the current arc. Maybe story points related to them also came from him, rather than only designs.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed May 03, 2017 10:00 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:

This would be too good to be true, 11 members could bring us the best and most complete cast ever

Aside from my doubt on Buu, I think the ones who don't appear in the opening could be an hint

Iirc, we don't see Buu, Tien, Piccolo, right?

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:03 am

MrBlackFox wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

This would be too good to be true, 11 members could bring us the best and most complete cast ever

Aside from my doubt on Buu, I think the ones who don't appear in the opening could be an hint

Iirc, we don't see Buu, Tien, Piccolo, right?
We saw buu appeared with the cast when they have the dragon balls.
Piccolo was with gohan attaining mystic
Tien appeared in a shot with the androids.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed May 03, 2017 10:04 am

If they are replacing, not making someone join and job but legit replacing after all this promotion, all I will say is the advertising team made some very bad decisions..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker