Favorite Falconer Remix?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gog
I Live Here

Favorite Falconer Remix?

Post by Gog » Thu May 18, 2017 12:24 am

I'm really surprised at the level of quality of the Falconer Remixs. My personal top three would have to be the SSJ3 Goku orchestral remix which in my opinion is the best out of the lot. However, the Perfect Cell remix absolutely has to be a close second, and the Super Namek Theme would have to be a third.

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Favorite Falconer Remix?

Post by cRookie_Monster » Thu May 18, 2017 3:44 am

Enigma TNG
--- Imperfect Cell
----Pikkon

Halusa Twin
--- Pikkon

I love the Alec Rozsa Garlic Jr orchestral remixtoo

94Stones
---Gohan Angers

(obvious bias towards certain tunes)

Oh yeah and this, because it blows my mind to hear a GBA version of myself on guitar =D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJneFf032xc
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

thaman91
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thaman91 » Sat May 20, 2017 3:38 pm

"Eternal Sacrifice" by Tendril was a pretty cool remix of the main Faulconer Dragonball Z theme. Scott, do you happen to know what the story was behind it? Did Tendril make it independently or was there collaboration with the Faulconer team?

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Sat May 20, 2017 5:22 pm

thaman91 wrote:"Eternal Sacrifice" by Tendril was a pretty cool remix of the main Faulconer Dragonball Z theme. Scott, do you happen to know what the story was behind it? Did Tendril make it independently or was there collaboration with the Faulconer team?
Nope, sorry. I don't think I've even heard it before. Pretty heavy version!
I did a short take on it myself for a fandub once, and then remastered it for a friend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u4sBZVEovc
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:48 am

thaman91 wrote:"Eternal Sacrifice" by Tendril was a pretty cool remix of the main Faulconer Dragonball Z theme. Scott, do you happen to know what the story was behind it? Did Tendril make it independently or was there collaboration with the Faulconer team?
It would have been better if they used that for the opening theme for the "broadcast" track of the Orange Bricks. I'm guessing they no longer have the rights, or something, since the Movie 8 Double Feature didn't have it either.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
It would have been better if they used that for the opening theme for the "broadcast" track of the Orange Bricks. I'm guessing they no longer have the rights, or something, since the Movie 8 Double Feature didn't have it either.
Do you mean the really old double feature? Because the Broly Triple Pack i have has that opening

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:33 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
Nah, it was on the double feature. Hell I think Tendril even did the rock song that plays on the Orange Brick menus. I think they just saw Mark Menza's movie song as the main theme.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue May 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Probably the SSJ3 theme.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:53 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
Nah, it was on the double feature. Hell I think Tendril even did the rock song that plays on the Orange Brick menus. I think they just saw Mark Menza's movie song as the main theme.
I see. It's been quite some time since I've watched the dub with the "broadcast" track on the Double Feature that I just remembered it not being on the Japanese music track. :mrgreen:

In that case, it makes zero sense why it wasn't used for the Faulconer scored episodes on any of their "remastered" releases, but they never used Cha La Head Cha La for the Japanese scored dub option either, so I guess it's not surprising.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

MattyJBass

Post by MattyJBass » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:45 pm

If any one is interested I do Renditions/Covers of a lot of the Dragon Ball Themes. Mainly from faulconer. Check it out if you want. :D https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCEjMfS_dOsgovVrGjKHQFKw

My YouTube channel name is "mattjbass1104" cheers!