Female Fighters being playable in the "Dragon Ball: FighterZ" game

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Female Fighters being playable in the "Dragon Ball: FighterZ" game

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:26 pm

There has been some debate within the fandom (at least on the FighterZ GameFaQs sub-board) on if there'd be any female characters playable as they fear the game may be a sausagefest. What are you're thoughts on the matter?

Personally I think #18, Videl, and Chi-Chi are the only ones that can work. The others haven't fought enough to make substantial moveset out of or are characters most fans simply don't care about.

#18 is almost guaranteed to be playable in the game as she's the most popular female character in the whole franchise (aside from possibly Bulma) and is actually a Z-level fighter. This game can also take a page out of Tenkaichi's book by giving her a ki gauge that automatically replenishes itself.

Videl is the next most likely case as she was predominantly a fighter during Z and can fly. She can also offer a vastly different experience gameplay-wise from most fighters as a pure rushdown character with no projectiles because she can't shoot ki blasts, teleport, or anything crazy like that as far as we know.

Now onto Chi-Chi... while she may seem like a silly choice to those who never watched/read the first part of the Dragon Ball Saga, I think she has a lot of potential as a playable not only because she was the first legitimate female fighter introduced in Dragon Ball and was known as the strongest woman in the world (before #18 cam into the picture) but she's also the wife of Son Goku. She has plenty of material to work with as shown with Super Dragon Ball Z (the previous attempt at a competitive Dragon Ball fighting game) which made her a cool and unique character without giving her moves that were terribly out of the realms of her actual abilities.

Anyways, what female fighter do you want in the game?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Female Fighters being playable in the "Dragon Ball: FighterZ" game

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:33 pm

#18 is almost guaranteed.

I doubt any Super characters are gonna be in besides the big ones like Beerus and maybe Goku Black and Hit, purely because of how popular they are, especially Black, so I doubt Caulifla, Brianne, Vados or Kale are gonna be in.

I'd like to see Bulma fighting with weapons. Maybe some mechanical gloves on her fists, rocket boots, a mechsuit or shield of some kind that activates when she's getting hit. It would need a lot of creativity to be done, however. It'd be the first time she's in a fighting game and she could fulfill "unorthodox, joke fighter" role instead of Mr. Satan again. It's not the first time a Dragon Ball game creates weapons for a character (see Mecha Freeza in Super DBZ) or makes use of unorthodox methods to give the character a varied moveset, so it's not completely impossible.

Zidiane
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zidiane » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:52 am

Pan from GT hasn't appeared in a game in quite a while, maybe she'll return now

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:04 am

Zidiane wrote:Pan from GT hasn't appeared in a game in quite a while, maybe she'll return now
Xenoverse 1 and 2 she was playable.

Zidiane
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zidiane » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:06 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Zidiane wrote:Pan from GT hasn't appeared in a game in quite a while, maybe she'll return now
Xenoverse 1 and 2 she was playable.
I actually blacked out those games from my memory, lol. You're right.

Still! Would love to see her return in DBFZ.

TenshinFan
Beyond Newbie

Post by TenshinFan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:28 pm

There's almost no chance but it would be refreshing to see Seripa/Pasha and Zangya.

I feel like it would be a shame to have just two, likely 18 and Videl. Even then, Videl might not make the cut. Bulma and Chi Chi are just not combatants, unlikely to be in it. Mai with a machine gun or something would actually be pretty fun to play as.

Pan and Arale are the next most likely, could have some gimmicks. Vados I guess.

Damn, just not that many strong female fighters. Zangya and Selypa being in BT3 gives a faint ray of hope but I would be shocked to see them haha.

screw it, go full fanservice and give us Ran-fan!

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:37 pm

18, Zangya, Caulifla, Videl, GT Pan.

There's a few options, but not loads. I don't see a mostly male roster as a problem though. There are females that can work and I hope to see some of them, but as long as they're there and there are a few options, what's the problem if there are more males than females?

Also, Gamefaqs? Really? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:17 pm

#18,pan,zangya,vados,videl,maybe chi chi and of course caulifla and kale because when the Top they will become the new hit and black by looking at the promotion and maybe some of these characters will become dlc
    And it would be cool to see Bulma,she deserve it,I want to see her fighting in a cool mech :thumbup:
    Mostly active on discord.

Akyon
    Regular

Post by Akyon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:02 am

Honestly 18's one of the few standard characters for any Dragonball game alongside Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Piccolo, Krillin, Gotenks, Frieza, Cell and Buu so she's more than likely in already.

Personally I'd like to see Videl fight with baby Pan. Pan would be flying around as a built in support. It'll never happen in a million years but it'd be fun and unique for a Dragonball game.

With Krillin, Black and even Goku seemingly able to be hurt by bullets maybe Future Mai is a possibility as an artillery heavy combatant.

Whilst probably only Filler, Yurin would make a great summoner combatant. Have her summon Dragonball era cast members with talismans powering them up and giving them flight. Tao and Shen being her underlings would be pretty funny considering they were once her masters.
    Favourite User quote:
    Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
    1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

WittyUsername
    I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:48 pm

I think we can definitely count on 18 being in the game. I'm not sure if we DNA really expect anyone else though, given that the roster for the game seems like it's going to be fairly small.

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:15 pm

Akyon wrote:
    With Krillin, Black and even Goku seemingly able to be hurt by bullets maybe Future Mai is a possibility as an artillery heavy combatant.
    Mai got some awesome moves/combos like this one Image
    Mostly active on discord.

KayDash
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:20 pm

The gr wrote: Mai got some awesome moves/combos like this one
    This is exactly what I said in the other topic back then, plus they can even add her some moves based on original DB and the "Pilaf Arc".
    We have seen her using shotguns, a sniper rifle, machine guns, grenades, flash grenades and various vehicles. Her super moves could be attacking the opponent, while riding a motorcycle, attacking while piloting a Pilaf-bot, and her army appearing as support and firing at the enemy.
    This is more then enough for a proper fighting game move-set. Only problem I see is implementing the "pursue move" (forget how it's called in DBFZ), and the ki charging move, which is something she doesn't ever did, but maybe it can be replaced with an other mechanic, or she could fastly suit up for a jetpack for the flight stuff.
    DBZF even has Buu's laying on ground pose from the Zen Exhibition Matches, so the devs are seemingly well aware of the recent DBS stuff, and have no problem adding it to their game. Tho I think Kale/Kalifla won't make it for now I think, but maybe the game will be popular enough for later expansions, like they do it with other fighting games like Guilty Gear.

Xeogran
    I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:55 am

Mai would be unique and a great choice tbh. I hope they're considering her.

Chuquita
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:06 am

Arale would be the most fun.

Caulifla would be the most practical, with Kale as an assist, but casual fans won't know who they are.

Bulma-piloting-a-mech is the wild card in that odds are low, but it would be so cool if it happened.

Mai with weapons could be good as long as you don't care about power levels.
    Same for Chi-Chi or blonde Launch.

18 is the default. I'd be surprised if she's not there.
    My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
    ---
    フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ShadowBardock89
    Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:28 pm

Chuquita wrote:Arale would be the most fun.

Caulifla would be the most practical, with Kale as an assist, but casual fans won't know who they are.

Bulma-piloting-a-mech is the wild card in that odds are low, but it would be so cool if it happened.

Mai with weapons could be good as long as you don't care about power levels.
    Same for Chi-Chi or blonde Launch.

18 is the default. I'd be surprised if she's not there.
    The real wild cards would be Zangya or Seripa/Fasha. Honestly, there aren't a lot of options for female fighters in Universe 6 or 7. Universe 2, however, might yield the mother-lode (excuse the pun).
    http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
    http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
    https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Lord Frieza
    I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:10 pm

Well since thet are not wasting time with tones of filler forms and characters (Frieza and Cell are final form from the starts and many saiyans are starting in SS) its unlikely many of will be in. Apart from #18 and Videl (who place on the roaster is far from guaranteed) many struggle to get a place as this game is not following the liner story and dose not have to have them in. Chi-Chi, Launch, Mai and Yurin really is not even a blip on the radar and Zangiya is a movie villain which makes her second choice to main characters from Z and Super (which is the current big thing). The same goes for Pan, if GT is not a priority she will not make the cut either.

If they include Super characters then there is a chance Ribrianne might make the cut. She also has more unique abilities to her name then literally any other female character, to me that makes her a far more appealing choice.

Edit: Kale and Caulifla have a good chance to.

KayDash
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:36 am

Lord Frieza wrote:If they include Super characters then there is a chance Ribrianne might make the cut.
    Well, they already included a Super character, Golden Freeza, and Buu's resting pose from the Zen Exhibition Matches, but I have doubts about them having access to the future episodes and manga chapters (especially, since they are not all produced yet), which could mean, they also not aware of the full moveset of Ribrianne.
    Let's hope for DLC in the future...

CJStriker_CBR
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:26 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Well since thet are not wasting time with tones of filler forms and characters (Frieza and Cell are final form from the starts and many saiyans are starting in SS) its unlikely many of will be in. Apart from #18 and Videl (who place on the roaster is far from guaranteed) many struggle to get a place as this game is not following the liner story and dose not have to have them in. Chi-Chi, Launch, Mai and Yurin really is not even a blip on the radar and Zangiya is a movie villain which makes her second choice to main characters from Z and Super (which is the current big thing). The same goes for Pan, if GT is not a priority she will not make the cut either.

If they include Super characters then there is a chance Ribrianne might make the cut. She also has more unique abilities to her name then literally any other female character, to me that makes her a far more appealing choice.

Edit: Kale and Caulifla have a good chance to.
    YES, YES, YES...... :mrgreen: ........Please let Ribrianne Be in Dragon Ball FigherZ and for All the Reasons you said she should be In their Wholly Agree!

I would Hope ALLOT to that Kakunsa and Rozie could be in this as well since it is a 3 vs. 3 Style set-up, Then I can Make The Kamikaze Fireballs, Oh Such a Joyful Game that Would Be of Games, I would Cheer with Grandness!

But if even just 1 of the Girls Made it, Just Take My Money NOW! :lol:

--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
    Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
    Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
    My #1 in DB!
    :thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
    http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Ranmaru Rei
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:25 am

For history, lol.
    [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
    Actually, I think, Towa is really a good choice.

BrolyKale
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:56 am

-Videl
    -Kale (if Broly isn't there)

Caulifla didn't show anything special, all her moves are generic so I don't think she has her chances, not yet. And the others aren't popular enough, Zangya, Towa, Fasha...
    Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu