Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage) COMPLETED

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Buu arc manga cut

Post by MR.Mark » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:26 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:
MR.Mark wrote:Lack there of? and here i thought I was putting quite abit of music in the episodes, huh.

As for the opening, I'm changing it up as of episode 5, I'll most likely have afew different ones in the end.

Overall though I'm glad you enjoy it, and again in the future I wouldn't be against just providing my edited tracks without any music. For now though I'll stick with what I'm doing, anyone know if there's any upcoming Super OST releases?
Episode 1 is all I've been able to download due to MEGA's limit and I didn't notice much music in the daily life scenes. Which is very much Kikuchi and classic DBZ, but in terms of Kai there would usually be more music. At least it's not Faulconer levels of music placement. You're doing a great job nonetheless, I don't mean to offend.
Not offended at all thanks for your thoughts, I just never realized I may of lacked music, I do like breathing room when it comes to placement.
Speaking of Mega, how fast was the download on your end? I tested and was able to download an episode in about 12 minutes, so size doesin't seem to be an issue, at least on my end.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:49 pm

EPISODE 4: https://mega.nz/#!guoCEBKL!BGHXdlc7TE4n ... TJ7iVdFFyM

Pretty pleased with how this one turned out.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:35 pm

MR.Mark wrote:Ep1) Ends with Gohan about to teach Videl how to fly
Ep2) Ends with Trunks winning his fight against Goten
Ep3) Ends with Goku and the others flying off after Kaioshin
WAIT HOW LONG ARE THESE AGAIN

(Rhetorical question; I was just impressed at the speed.)
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:44 pm

TheAldella wrote:
MR.Mark wrote:Ep1) Ends with Gohan about to teach Videl how to fly
Ep2) Ends with Trunks winning his fight against Goten
Ep3) Ends with Goku and the others flying off after Kaioshin
WAIT HOW LONG ARE THESE AGAIN

(Rhetorical question; I was just impressed at the speed.)

I'm making every episode close to an hour in length, If I end up with 12 one hour episodes like I'm predicting, that's the equivalent to about 36, 20 minute episodes.
So basically I've cut the final chapters in half, which sounds about right when you take away most of the filler.

EDIT Rhetorical question, oops pulled a saiyaman there haha

Also, ep 4 ends with Trunks and Goten flying off to find Majin Buu

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V3PKZa ... e=youtu.be

I made another intro to the buu arc.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:23 am

This is a similar approach to what I'd like to do with DB/Z at some point. Recutting the footage we have into a version closer to the manga pacing, but with longer episodes in a Western style season format. So something like five seasons of 20 50-minute episodes (Boyhood, Piccolo, Saiyan/Freeza, Cell, Buu), maybe with extra length openers/finals in some cases. If you're looking at 12 hours for the Buu arc, maybe I overestimated still how long it would have to be, since longer episodes mean you don't have to worry as often about cliffhangers or self-contained segments.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:57 am

You'll never get as close to the manga by using the Japanese version since it's only in mono/stereo. I'd consider doing a manga cut of the original Dragonball if the dub was kai level. Editing wise, as it stands the only other Dragonball project I may do in the future is splice in footage from Resurrection F and Bog into the episodes of Super to improve the battles.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:46 am

Sitting down and watching this. Is We Gotta Power...higher quality than usual? In the audio department, I mean. I don't remember ever being able to make out the harmonies near as well before. Maybe I'm just insane.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:46 am

No you're correct, I came across a high quality audio version so I used it. I love hearing those harmonies so much better than before.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:30 pm

https://vid.me/1pKb
https://vid.me/DyZE

Samples from Goku and Vegeta's fight, i think these show how more intense the need to stop Buu from hatching here is.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:47 pm

So now that I've watched all 4 of the episodes you've done so far I'll give my thoughts.

Your editing is incredible, the footage and audio match seamlessly and all the SFX levels seem perfect to the dialogue. The pacing is good too and the action feels tight and concentrated. I noticed a few points where the pacing seemed too fast, like characters were interacting without any pause, but that's more of a taste complaint, seeing as your cut is meant to feel that fast paced. I honestly can't compliment the editing enough.

My complaint lies in the music, now the songs selection and placement is all great. I can tell you're getting better and figuring out where music belongs as you keep releasing episodes. However, there lacks a consistent tone in your music. You're pulling music from multiple different composers and it shows, the genres used are all over the place. I'm not going to knock your creative vision, as someone who has made cuts of many anime I know how challenging it can be. I implore you to keep going with what you envision, however what are the chances of you releasing these episodes without any BGM?

For my own personal viewing I would love to attempt and re-score these using either Kikuchi or Yamamoto. So a clean cut with no BGM would make that easier. A clean cut to allow people to put in their own preferred BGM, Faulconer, Kikuchi, Yamamoto, Sumitomo, would be amazing. I hope I'm not asking too much or coming off as too critical.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:48 pm

Thanks for your thoughts on the music, as it's more challenging to place tracks when the pace is much faster. However other than using two instrumentals of We Gotta Power,(and afew seconds of romantic ageru yo) EVERY other track I've used has been from Sumitomo. So I can't say I entirely agree with it feeling all over the place genre wise.

That said I will provide music free dub tracks once I'm done with the episodes, thanks for your input!

Also,Ep 5 is currently being refined, it ends just before Vegeta fights Buu.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:45 pm

I do actually find it to be a great Sumitomo rescore. Using Super tracks, BoG tracks, etc...Really livens up the dull soundscape of Buu Kai.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:44 am

Wait really? Those are ALL Sumitomo's work? Man I knew he had trouble keeping a distinct style but jeez. And some of it may just be my personal bias, I feel Sumitomo fits modern DBZ quite well, but for classic I always get an odd feeling for some reason with his tracks.

But thanks a lot for the music free dub tracks. I intend to add Kikuchi and for placement basically make it as 1:1 as I can with the original DBZ using Kenisu's music database.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:06 pm

I like Kikuchi but I don't really see his style fitting with a much faster pace, maybe I'll try it after I'm done this cut to see if his music fits.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:54 pm

TheAldella wrote:I do actually find it to be a great Sumitomo rescore. Using Super tracks, BoG tracks, etc...Really livens up the dull soundscape of Buu Kai.
Thanks for enjoying it, and not to worry, that dreaded disco track will not see the light of day in my cut!

Also, I'd like to give you guys heads up that Episode 5 will be up on Mega within the hour!

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:06 pm

MR.Mark wrote:
TheAldella wrote:I do actually find it to be a great Sumitomo rescore. Using Super tracks, BoG tracks, etc...Really livens up the dull soundscape of Buu Kai.
Thanks for enjoying it, and not to worry, that dreaded disco track will not see the light of day in my cut!

Also, I'd like to give you guys heads up that Episode 5 will be up on Mega within the hour!
yaaaaaaaaay
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:10 pm

MR.Mark wrote:that dreaded disco track
Too bad this isn't a full proper rescore, otherwise I'd suggest putting it in the party dance filler LOL
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:05 pm

TheAldella wrote:
MR.Mark wrote:that dreaded disco track
Too bad this isn't a full proper rescore, otherwise I'd suggest putting it in the party dance filler LOL
Hah, the one place where it might work!

ALSO, HERE IT IS! EPISODE 5!

https://mega.nz/#!Zv4WWbDb!5spAqTR-0FM7 ... fHHALcGsrM

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:03 pm

The Goku vs Majin Vegeta fight has never looked so great and action packed. A massive improvement from how long it dragged on in the original DBZ, haven't seen it in Kai yet. The cut you put in when Gohan uses his Kamehameha on the Buu Ball, it's not bad, but that white border is very jarring, maybe should have made it smaller and black. I enjoyed a lot of the music here too.

The best parts are the action, it's just great with this pacing.