Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by rereboy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:34 pm

Zephyr wrote: There was a feminism topic that went south roughly a week before the LGBT one was started. I'm not sure what gave the impression that opening up another sensitive topic so soon would go over remotely well, nor why it took multiple political threads going south to give the impression that our user base here lacks the ability to discuss these matters level-headedly.
Honestly, I don't know of any open online community that can discuss matters like that without it eventually being a mess. The ones where it kinda works are extremely patrolled by mods. So, I don't think this is a negative sign of the Kanzenshuu community per se.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:42 pm

Doctor. wrote:Whatever happened to MofoGoku?
Is that a user in the forum? Cause I never saw him before
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:22 am

A conversation Goku should have had with Chichi:

"Chichi, why does Gohan need to be a scholar?

He has incredible powers that could be a great asset in employment. People could pay him just to put on shows, and imagine the use his strength would have in construction or power stations. He'd be in high demand, and since almost no one is that powerful, he's scarce too. I read a book on basic economics that says this means he would be able to demand high compensation. Also, what about law enforcement? That's a great job for a martial artist as powerful as our son. He'd be like his own special force in one guy, so he'd make a good living! Hell, I mean hfil, he would become a celebrity as soon as he revealed what he could do. He could do speaking tours, write books, or star in action movies and be his own stuntman, no special effects needed. There's nothing to worry about. Gohan's gonna be alright."

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:55 am

TheGreatness25 wrote:Here's a non-thread-worthy observation.

I'm watching the old Ocean cast dub and noticed something. I always thought that Jheese had an Australian accent in the dub; he certainly does when Funimation's in-house dub team took over. But really, originally, his accent is more Scottish.

Oh and on a funny note, since I'm on this subject anyway. It's pretty funny that there's a scene where Butta tells the rest of them that it looks like Ghurdo is going to lose and Jheese mocks him for making such an obvious observation. Reacoom steps in and says that he'll take that bet and he bets a chocolate nut bar that Ghurdo will win. Well, Ghurdo does his mind freeze on Gohan and Kuririn and being confident that Ghurdo will win now, Butta requests the nut bar from Reacoom because he won the bet. Basically, Reacoom bet on Ghurdo but when Ghurdo won, they made it seem like he bet against him.
Actually, Scott's accent for Jeice is a Brummie accent.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:23 am

Noah wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Whatever happened to MofoGoku?
Is that a user in the forum? Cause I never saw him before
No, he was a translator in the community. He was providing translated scans of the Kanzenban release.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:43 am

Does Zamasu and Gowasu traveling a thousand years into the future spoil the ending of the Universal Survival Arc? Or is there anything else going on in regards to the Time Rings? I kind of forgot what happened in that episode besides the very basic details. :oops:

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:51 am

Regarder wrote:A conversation Goku should have had with Chichi:

"Chichi, why does Gohan need to be a scholar?

He has incredible powers that could be a great asset in employment. People could pay him just to put on shows, and imagine the use his strength would have in construction or power stations. He'd be in high demand, and since almost no one is that powerful, he's scarce too. I read a book on basic economics that says this means he would be able to demand high compensation. Also, what about law enforcement? That's a great job for a martial artist as powerful as our son. He'd be like his own special force in one guy, so he'd make a good living! Hell, I mean hfil, he would become a celebrity as soon as he revealed what he could do. He could do speaking tours, write books, or star in action movies and be his own stuntman, no special effects needed. There's nothing to worry about. Gohan's gonna be alright."
The answer would basically be "Because he wants to". It's not Chi-Chi who's making him get a scholarship. It's the whole point of the character. Amazing potential, but reluctant fighter. Sure, he displays a certain amount of fondness for fighting, but his true passion is being a scholar... And in his teenage years, a superhero.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:59 am

Draconic wrote: The answer would basically be "Because he wants to". It's not Chi-Chi who's making him get a scholarship. It's the whole point of the character. Amazing potential, but reluctant fighter. Sure, he displays a certain amount of fondness for fighting, but his true passion is being a scholar... And in his teenage years, a superhero.
Chichi was pushing him towards that and forbidding Goku from even training him well before Gohan was even 4 years old. The fact that Gohan actually wants to be a scholar out of his free will isn't even apparent before he's well into his teens.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:31 am

Ya' know, re-watching Goku bite Whis's hand and Whis reacting to that doesn't make Goku being scratched by a bullet or being penetrated by Sorbet's beam ridiculous as I thought it was.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:36 am

Just watched the new Death Note and now I want a new live action Dragon Ball movie even LESS than before.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:10 pm

Doctor. wrote:Just watched the new Death Note and now I want a new live action Dragon Ball movie even LESS than before.
Because you are more convinced than ever that we'll never get a good adaptation of a manga/anime from Hollywood?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:28 pm

ABED wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Just watched the new Death Note and now I want a new live action Dragon Ball movie even LESS than before.
Because you are more convinced than ever that we'll never get a good adaptation of a manga/anime from Hollywood?
Pretty much. Hollywood completely missed the point of something as thematically straightforward as Death Note and this wasn't a low-budget attempt like DBE either.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:29 pm

It was so fucking awful. Dafoe and Stanfield were good though IMO.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:45 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ABED wrote:
Pretty much. Hollywood completely missed the point of something as thematically straightforward as Death Note and this wasn't a low-budget attempt like DBE either.
I feel similar about series revivals. I've seen a number of them and most of them have been disappointing. The more of them that I see, the less enthused I am at the prospect of more.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:56 pm

ABED wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
ABED wrote: Because you are more convinced than ever that we'll never get a good adaptation of a manga/anime from Hollywood?
I feel similar about series revivals. I've seen a number of them and most of them have been disappointing. The more of them that I see, the less enthused I am at the prospect of more.
Agreed.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:46 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
ABED wrote:
Conroy has never been THAT good as fans say. It's all from nostalgia. Greenwood and Weller have gave the best Batman voice performances in UtR and TDKR. Conroy is definitely better than that O'mara chap that WB are using for the animated movies though.
I don't agree on these points AT ALL. THe reason I have nostalgia for Conroy is because he was that good. Greenwood is awful. He's a good actor, but not a good Batman. He's one step above Bale's Batman voice. And why do so many dislike O'Mara? He's way better Greenwood who was doing his damnedest to sound gruff and he's also too old for the role.

Now you all are making me really want to hear Ayres as The Joker, even if it's just a short clip on Youtube.
Someone else likes O'Mara?! I'm pretty sure this is one of the signs of the apocalypse, like common sense on the Internet.... Or Japan grasping the concept of pacing.
I don't get what's with DC using celebrity voice actors for their movies. The New 52 casting choices are so bland.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:27 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:
It was so fucking awful. Dafoe and Stanfield were good though IMO.
Just watched it myself as well, couldnt handle it anymore after an hour and gave up, the characters were NOTHING like how they should be, its like watching Goku become a professor.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:32 pm

Don't why so many people are surprised by the DN netlfix film. Right from the production I'm pretty sure it was known it wasn't gonna be faithful.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:05 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Don't why so many people are surprised by the DN netlfix film. Right from the production I'm pretty sure it was known it wasn't gonna be faithful.
Anime & manga adaptation standards are a bit different since the expecation there is to stick close to the source material which is why I can, up to a point, get why people are annoyed it wasn't just another page for page translation. It's not like with American comics where multiverses and alternate stakes are the norm and I want to wring the neck of every asshole who spews "NOT FAITHFUL TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL!" about anything and everything with their vast knowledge of 5 Batman TAS episodes.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:15 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Don't why so many people are surprised by the DN netlfix film. Right from the production I'm pretty sure it was known it wasn't gonna be faithful.
It had nothing to do with being faithful. It was just absolute dogshit even as a stand-alone movie.