Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Noah » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:30 pm

rereboy wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
What is this one eyed creature?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:24 pm

Noah wrote:
It's Buu.
He leaves pieces of him everywhere, like when he went around giving new powers to the participants.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:35 pm

I think we went way past the bargain stage :) Like that smug face Kaioshin have in 1st panel.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:06 pm

That smirk in the first panel is a bit unsettling coming from a Supreme Kai

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:09 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:That smirk in the first panel is a bit unsettling coming from a Supreme Kai
He's been shown to be in league with Buu.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:15 pm

rereboy wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:That smirk in the first panel is a bit unsettling coming from a Supreme Kai
He's been shown to be in league with Buu.
I thought so, just forgot the details. Thanks

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:49 pm

Looks like I effing called it. Plump Kai ain't gonna give a shit about no sword.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:48 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Looks like I effing called it. Plump Kai ain't gonna give a shit about no sword.
His statement was to distract Dabra.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:55 am

Composition critique: between panels 2 and 3, the 180 degree eyeline rule is broken, so the visual impression is given that West Supreme Kai has turned to her right to deliver her dialogue, away from Dabura, even though this is not intended and the actual intention seems to be that we are seeing her from the left (hence the 180 degree rule is broken).

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:23 am

Regarder wrote:Composition critique: between panels 2 and 3, the 180 degree eyeline rule is broken, so the visual impression is given that West Supreme Kai has turned to her right to deliver her dialogue, away from Dabura, even though this is not intended and the actual intention seems to be that we are seeing her from the left (hence the 180 degree rule is broken).
Actually, my interpretation in that she is speaking to the stadium at large (at all the villains) after turning away from Dabra (probably thinking he wouldn't get up that fast).

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:13 am

rereboy wrote:
Regarder wrote:Composition critique: between panels 2 and 3, the 180 degree eyeline rule is broken, so the visual impression is given that West Supreme Kai has turned to her right to deliver her dialogue, away from Dabura, even though this is not intended and the actual intention seems to be that we are seeing her from the left (hence the 180 degree rule is broken).
Actually, my interpretation in that she is speaking to the stadium at large (at all the villains) after turning away from Dabra (probably thinking he wouldn't get up that fast).
This makes more sense.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:37 am

rereboy wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Looks like I effing called it. Plump Kai ain't gonna give a shit about no sword.
Oh you. :roll:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:21 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Oh you. :roll:
Don't blame me for disagreeing. It makes no sense for someone to be completely fine with having their neck slashed open even if they can come back to life, just like I wouldn't be fine with breaking a leg even if I could recover from it. He assessed the situation, thought it would be a good strategy to distract Dabra with a statement that is more or less true (but not completely), and that was enough for things to evolve and get free in the process.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:04 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Noah wrote:
It's Buu.
He leaves pieces of him everywhere, like when he went around giving new powers to the participants.
How does it communicate with the main Buu from such a distance?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Noah wrote:
It's Buu.
How does it communicate with the main Buu from such a distance?
Magic. No, really, Buu is a magical being.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:15 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:04 am

It's just terrible and sad at the same time, that DBM releases like 2 pages per week. That means 104 pages per year, equivalent to 2 issues/chapters, with lots of specials, cover-pages, mini-comics etc. This makes me want to hate DBM and go away from it.

I wait for a month to read DBM, and all I get is 4 pages, 1 cover and 1 minicomic. This creates a lack of interest.
At this pace, it wouldn't even reach the XXI vs buu fight in 2-3 years.

Seriously, if salagir starts to release DBM on a monthly basis with one chapter at a time, it'd be better.
Last edited by apex_pretador on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:07 am

apex_pretador wrote:It's just terrible and sad at the same time, that DBM releases like 2 pages per week. That means 104 pages per year, equivalent to 2 issues/chapters, with lots of specials, cover-pages, mini-comics etc. This makes me want to hate DBM and go away from it.

I wait for a month to read DBM, and all I get is 4 pages, 1 cover and 1 minicomic. This creates a lack of interest.

Seriously, if salagir starts to release DBM on a monthly basis
Well it's not like they have any other options. It's a fan manga made by fans on their free time and mostly for free. The only times they earn any profit from it is from sales during manga conventions.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:16 am

Marco Polo wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:It's just terrible and sad at the same time, that DBM releases like 2 pages per week. That means 104 pages per year, equivalent to 2 issues/chapters, with lots of specials, cover-pages, mini-comics etc. This makes me want to hate DBM and go away from it.

Well it's not like they have any other options. It's a fan manga made by fans on their free time and mostly for free. The only times they earn any profit from it is from sales during manga conventions.
Their fan-manga is quite popular. They could probably try and sell ads on their website. Obviously I'm not suggesting to have them a full ad-ridden page, but they can atleast have 2-3 ads per page. Sure, they won't make huge money from this, but this would be more than enough for them to not feel this as burden and start taking it more seriously.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:00 pm

apex_pretador wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:

Their fan-manga is quite popular. They could probably try and sell ads on their website. Obviously I'm not suggesting to have them a full ad-ridden page, but they can atleast have 2-3 ads per page. Sure, they won't make huge money from this, but this would be more than enough for them to not feel this as burden and start taking it more seriously.
Making money off fanwork online is a major no-no. They would immediately get a letter from the copyrights holder and it wouldn't be the nice kind of letters.

In fact I'm pretty sure selling their manga in the conventions is not legal either but for some reason it is "tolerated".