How strong would Perfect Cell or Super Perfect Cell be if he had his Potential Unleashed?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

How strong would Perfect Cell or Super Perfect Cell be if he had his Potential Unleashed?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:17 am

1) If awoken for him by Grand Elder Guru?

2) If awoken for him by Elder Kai?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: How strong would Perfect Cell or Super Perfect Cell be if he had his Potential Unleashed?

Post by theherodjl » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:39 am

1. Saichoro's method brought out an individual's latent power to its known limits. Krillin was powered up from 1,500 to over 10,000 making it something of a x7 increase in his case, if Perfect Cell has a similar experience then he'd be stronger than a hypothetical SSJ3 Kid Gohan but perhaps inferior to SSJ3 Goku. Super Perfect Cell on the other hand ought to surpass Goku.

2. Rou Kaioshin's ability however takes an individual's power beyond its limits. Gohan's power went from being a bit inferior to his father's to surpassing it by a great deal, Super Boo was a foe that Goku was apprehensive to fight even with Vegeta's aid yet Gohan was able to easily overpower said villain. I dare say that Gohan's power up was an entire thousand fold or two from his base or more. Once again, if Cell experiences a similar result then we're looking at Cell being on par with GT Goku.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: How strong would Perfect Cell or Super Perfect Cell be if he had his Potential Unleashed?

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Ultimate Cell would be stronger than Ultimate Gohan, that's for sure. If not, he would have other ways to get even stronger... Maybe in his case, he can use other forms on top of another one? Ultimate Super Saiyan 2 (or Super Saiyan 3) Cell? Who knows.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:12 pm

Considering his sayans Cells, his boost ought to be way higher than Kuririn's, but lower than Gohan's as he doesn't have his cells. IMO:

1) Both regular and SPC stacks stronger than Base Gotenks post, but weaker than SSjin Gotenks.

2) Solos Z and potentially the U6 team sans Hit (Going by Manga powerscaling as i don't watch the anime). i think he'd stop by BoGs SSjin God Goku.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:59 pm

Cell doesn't need his potential unleashed... He already has all the potential he needs. All he needs to do is to start training. He has the cells of the greatest warriors in the universe! If Golden Frieza can push SSB Goku to the edge with months of training, think about how much more powerful Cell would be if he trained... He'd achieve levels beyond SSB and maybe even match a God of Destruction.
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19

ImperialWrath

Post by ImperialWrath » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:02 am

theherodjl wrote:1. Saichoro's method brought out an individual's latent power to its known limits. Krillin was powered up from 1,500 to over 10,000 making it something of a x7 increase in his case, if Perfect Cell has a similar experience then he'd be stronger than a hypothetical SSJ3 Kid Gohan but perhaps inferior to SSJ3 Goku. Super Perfect Cell on the other hand ought to surpass Goku.

2. Rou Kaioshin's ability however takes an individual's power beyond its limits. Gohan's power went from being a bit inferior to his father's to surpassing it by a great deal, Super Boo was a foe that Goku was apprehensive to fight even with Vegeta's aid yet Gohan was able to easily overpower said villain. I dare say that Gohan's power up was an entire thousand fold or two from his base or more. Once again, if Cell experiences a similar result then we're looking at Cell being on par with GT Goku.
That number increase for Krillin sounds about right, as Gohan's increase was said to be slightly stronger than Krillin's after meeting with Saichoro. Which would put Gohan's increase likely at about a x8 increase. And given that Cell was made from the cells of Goku, Piccolo, and Freeza as well. I'd say that a boost from Saichoro should increase Cell to either the same or higher amount than Gohan. This should theoretically put Cell at about equal to a hypothetical SSJ3 Kid Gohan.

With Kaioshin's unlock ability, it's kind of hard to pin it down much that boost actually is, but we could scale it based off of what we know of the series to give us a rough estimate. So let's go with Gohan, we know that due to several years of no training, that he had weakened considerably from his peak during his battle with Cell. This left him where by the time he fought Dabura, he needed to go SSJ2 just to be equal with Dabura, and Dabura was stated to be at a similar level as Perfect Cell, which would make him considerably weaker than Super Perfect Cell. Super Buu was obviously significantly more powerful than Kid Buu, so for Gohan to go from being only strong enough to fight on par with Perfect Cell/Dabura in SSJ2 mode; to being more powerful than Super Buu, his increase by my calculations would have to be at least 3,000x times his base.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:25 pm

I don't see any reason to assume Cell has this vast potential. He's not a natural lifeform like Freeza. He's an artificial creation, he was designed with the intent to reach a specific level. Absorbing the androids probably released Cell's hidden potential already, now he's just a regular lifeform who has to work on breaking his limits, like Goku and Vegeta. There is no more dormant power within him.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:05 pm

nickzambuto wrote:I don't see any reason to assume Cell has this vast potential. He's not a natural lifeform like Freeza. He's an artificial creation, he was designed with the intent to reach a specific level. Absorbing the androids probably released Cell's hidden potential already, now he's just a regular lifeform who has to work on breaking his limits, like Goku and Vegeta. There is no more dormant power within him.
While it is true that Cell is an artificial life form, he isn't machine-based under organic matter like most of Gero's other creations. He is actually an amalgamated clone of various humanoids in DB, and if various sources of fiction including this one, has to say something...it is that humanoids have limitless potential and will not remain at a set level of power for long.
The mere fact that he absorbs more biological components to his being should actually increase his potential to greater levels, especially since those he absorbs have limitless potential themselves. The biggest advantage Cell has is that he is free to improve without the species-specific limitations to hold him back, because he has the best of each world to reconfigure his individual biological faults.
His regeneration for example, is superior to Namekians regen due to having Freeza's incredible ability to survive even when that guy was chopped to pieces, what's even crazier is that Freeza was resurrected and a piece of his head containing his eye was conscious to its surroundings during the ROF arc. Cell has this same ability except he doesn't even require his head to react to his surroundings.
There really isn't much cause to believe that he simply has used up all his potential when he hasn't even demonstrated a limit to any degree of potential. He just got killed before he could show everyone what he can become.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:23 am

How are we suppose to know?

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:03 pm

Yeah, I also agree with the others who said that Cell's power has already been unleashed. Cell's perfect form for is already, well, "ultimate." His mission was to just absorb the two androids and that was it. No one knows if he could get even stronger.

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:55 pm

I don't want to be the one to ruin it, but this question is unanswerable :o What does "potential" mean? And what does "how strong" mean? I mean you've got power levels (and obviously you want this explained as power level, right), but is potential being unleashed connected to a multiplier or is it power addition? Is how strong equivelant to your power level anyway? How many potential does Cell have? Can we know?! There is no wrong answer basically and no right answer :o He'll probably be stronger at least :b

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:37 pm

Cell isn't a natural being, his potential was unlocked once he absorbed C18. He would have to train to become stronger :D
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:22 am

nickzambuto wrote:I don't see any reason to assume Cell has this vast potential. He's not a natural lifeform like Freeza. He's an artificial creation, he was designed with the intent to reach a specific level. Absorbing the androids probably released Cell's hidden potential already, now he's just a regular lifeform who has to work on breaking his limits, like Goku and Vegeta. There is no more dormant power within him.
Same, I'd put his "full potential" unlocked by great elder guru at almost equal with M vegeta, and that's probably a bit of exaggeration, his Majin boost barely surpassing vegeta and still weaker than Mr buu, and his "mystic" self as about even with Fat buu.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:03 am

apex_pretador wrote:
Same, I'd put his "full potential" unlocked by great elder guru at almost equal with M vegeta, and that's probably a bit of exaggeration, his Majin boost barely surpassing vegeta and still weaker than Mr buu, and his "mystic" self as about even with Fat buu.
I agree with all of it.

Imagine if Cell saw Ultimate Gohan, and was astounded and crushed by his power, but then when he found out how Gohan got it, he went to the Elder Kai and was all cocky thinking his potential must be lightyears passed the halfling. Then imagine how pissed he'd be when after all that he's still only as strong as Fat Boo.