"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Olympian
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Olympian » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:59 pm

precita wrote:Heh, on other places or videogames sites people are complaining Yamcha is in, most likely due to Super's portrayal of him. Or saying they wasted a slot on him.

Don't these people know Yamcha has been playable in virtually every 3D Dragonball fighter except for the Arcade based one on PS2 with the new Mecha Freeza design? What the hell were people expecting?
Exercise in futility in arguing with haters, they will hate what they will hate and at this point it`s more popular than ever to meme the character. They made him the easy target.

Don`t care.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Doctor.
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:59 pm

EA575 wrote:
The S wrote:I'm guessing 21 might be the final boss?
I think she is. ArcSys fighting games usually have female characters as their final bosses.
Didn't they say the story mode won't be playable?

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:02 pm

Basako wrote:Look at that, number 21, cool!

Yamcha and Tenshinhan included. I don't see why they bother anymore.
You wanted Bardock instead, I can tell?
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:07 pm

Doctor. wrote:
EA575 wrote:
I think she is. ArcSys fighting games usually have female characters as their final bosses.
That rumor's based on the fact that Xrd's story is non-playable. But in this interview the producer said it won't be like Xrd's story: https://youtu.be/XLtSCk7uwwA?t=6m55s

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:10 pm

Olympian wrote:
Ranmaru Rei wrote:Lol, Yamcha. If Satan will be in the game, what?
What about Satan?
Sorry, bad wording. I asked about reaction of the community. If community is so whining about Yamcha in the game, what will they do if Satan will be in the game?
P.S. I should improve my English =_=
EA575 wrote:I think she is. ArcSys fighting games usually have female characters as their final bosses.
Towa for this spot is better. I hope for her.
Last edited by Ranmaru Rei on Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Mr. Satan has been playable in nearly all the 3D fighters, why would it be any different than usual?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:25 pm

dragonballhero wrote: I see. If you don't mind, I'd like to give my two cents on BOTH of your ideas.
How DARE you! :D
1. Honestly, I'd actually wouldn't mind the idea of this story taking place during the little time-frame that we between Beerus and Whis saying their early goodbyes to F. Trunks and F. Mai and the Future couple leaving for the alt. future reality.
With Dragon Ball's fucking of screen time VS In-universe time, I can believe all this happening in one to two days.
2. The idea of this being Super's answer to the Bojack movie would also be something I'd like to see. Maybe this whole thing with Android 21 is SO severe, that F. Trunks feels that he has no other option available to him but to enlist the Dragon Team's help one more time. Don't forget, #21 is possibly in charge of the Dragon Team clone army.
You know, I'd love a reverse situation. For all this time it's Trunks going back to get the Z Fighters help, this time, let it be them getting his help. Or maybe have Beerus get Whis to go and get him "Okay, this shit got serious. Whis, get me that kid who has the power to make the fans rage!"
I doubt Super Saiyan Rage can handle THAT single-handedly.
Well, so far I doubt Super Saiyan Rage is gonna be in the game. Hell, Trunks isn't even a Super Saiyan 2... Or even have his Super design.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:44 pm

Ok so I'm all caught up.

Yamcha is not a bad edition as the guy dose have a unique move set. I'm not going to complain when I can lay on the hurt with a Wolf Fanf Fist combo.

#21 is very pretty and intreasting. Looking forward to finding out more about her and to see which of my android catagories she falls into.
Noah wrote:[spoiler][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... AAQ2jy.png[/img[/spoiler]

I really liked her design, but one thing I found interesting is that she's named Android 21, so it seems Toriyama don't count Cell as the #21 as I thought he did (don't ask me why) lol
My guess would be that Cell is fundimentally far removed from his other creations. They were all either Cyborgs (humans upgraded with machine parts) or Bioborgs (humans upgraded with inhanced organic parts) or pure robots. Cell on the other hand is a Biot - Pure Biological Robot. He's not a clone but a new organisem created using genetic traits of 3 alien species (in the manga) plus he was a project that was to be complited in the far future.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Interesting, who's next?
And is #21 only exclusive character or will be more?
Last edited by Ranmaru Rei on Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:57 pm

I would like too see Coola in this game.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:02 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Intersting, who's next?
And is #21 only exclusive characte or will be more?
Most game bad guys normally come alone or as part of a set. Since she has #16 with her its unlikely she has a partner like Towa & Mira. What happend in Xnoverse dose not count as those two were long established characters from Online. Demigra and Ozotto were solo flyers in their dabue and while Rachi & Hatchiyack and the demon world couple came in a pair. As I already said if #16 is playing Mira then she'll be alone. Unless she it string to build a more powerful android! But until we find out more we wont know.

What I do know is that she must be from another time. Gero's been dead for years and his entire secret lab was destroyed. Haveing her be another hidden android would be boring.

So I'm betting she.....or maybe #16 has some Super form at the end of the game or there's an Android #22 in the works.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:06 pm

The next character reveal will probably be Ultimate Gohan since there's no point in keeping people waiting.

I'm still curious if Kid Trunks/Goten will have tagteam similar to 17/18. It'd be a very easy way to get Kid Trunks and Goten there without two roster slots.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
Olympian wrote:
Ranmaru Rei wrote:Lol, Yamcha. If Satan will be in the game, what?
What about Satan?
Sorry, bad wording. I asked about reaction of the community. If community is so whining about Yamcha in the game, what will they do if Satan will be in the game?
P.S. I should improve my English =_=
EA575 wrote:I think she is. ArcSys fighting games usually have female characters as their final bosses.
Towa for this spot is better. I hope for her.
No problem, that`s what I asked :D
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:08 pm

By the way, those power reading charts each character have. Ten`s seem more balance in most areas as you would expect whereas Yamcha seems to particularly excell in mostly two, one of them being I assume melee?

Would be interesting to see those two with Kuririn for comparison`s sake.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Olympian wrote:By the way, those power reading charts each character have. Ten`s seem more balance in most areas as you would expect whereas Yamcha seems to particularly excell in mostly two, one of them being I assume melee?

Would be interesting to see those two with Kuririn for comparison`s sake.
Here you go. I did it a few pages back.

Here are the updated stats of the characters. Tenshinhan is equal to Kuririn, #18 and #16. Yamcha is now the weakest stat wise character in the game.

[spoiler]SSB Goku
Power - 4
Speed - 5
Reach - 3
Technique - 4
Energy - 2

Total - 18

SSB Vegeta
Power - 5
Speed - 4
Reach - 2
Technique - 3
Energy - 4

Total - 18

Piccolo
Power - 3
Speed - 2
Reach - 4
Technique - 4
Energy - 3

Total - 16

Future Trunks
Power - 3
Speed - 3
Reach - 3
Technique - 4
Energy - 2

Total - 15

Kuririn
Power - 2
Speed - 3
Reach - 1
Technique - 4
Energy - 4

Total - 14

Power - 3
Speed - 3
Reach - 2
Technique - 3
Energy - 3

Total - 14

Power - 4
Speed - 1
Reach - 4
Technique - 2
Energy - 3

Total - 14

Tenshinhan
Power - 3
Speed - 3
Reach - 3
Technique - 3
Energy - 2

Total - 14

Yamcha
Power - 2
Speed - 4
Reach - 2
Technique - 3
Energy - 2

Total - 13[/spoiler]

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:33 pm

Doctor. wrote:
EA575 wrote:
Even if it isn't, there's Arcade Mode.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:43 pm

LightBing thanks!

Seems right, he excels at speed but his power output is weaker due to his main attacks being more target focused instead of great area output.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:37 pm

Kanassa wrote:
dragonballhero wrote: I see. If you don't mind, I'd like to give my two cents on BOTH of your ideas.
How DARE you! :D
1. Honestly, I'd actually wouldn't mind the idea of this story taking place during the little time-frame that we between Beerus and Whis saying their early goodbyes to F. Trunks and F. Mai and the Future couple leaving for the alt. future reality.
With Dragon Ball's fucking of screen time VS In-universe time, I can believe all this happening in one to two days.
2. The idea of this being Super's answer to the Bojack movie would also be something I'd like to see. Maybe this whole thing with Android 21 is SO severe, that F. Trunks feels that he has no other option available to him but to enlist the Dragon Team's help one more time. Don't forget, #21 is possibly in charge of the Dragon Team clone army.
You know, I'd love a reverse situation. For all this time it's Trunks going back to get the Z Fighters help, this time, let it be them getting his help. Or maybe have Beerus get Whis to go and get him "Okay, this shit got serious. Whis, get me that kid who has the power to make the fans rage!"
I doubt Super Saiyan Rage can handle THAT single-handedly.
Well, so far I doubt Super Saiyan Rage is gonna be in the game. Hell, Trunks isn't even a Super Saiyan 2... Or even have his Super design.
*spits* Renegade for life.

1. Also, I see things going on in the span of...3 days. A week (and a half) at most.

2. I wonder how they'd managed to get to F. Trunks. Well, then again...Bulma (of the main timeline) is confirmed to have more than enough resources to get everything ready in the span of 1-2 days, so...

Yeah, good point about SSJ Rage. Speaking of which, you think that this might in a separate timeline or something? I mean, we don't have any word on Future Mai or anything...

Say, I wonder if Super will adapt this story into a story arc. I mean, it wouldn't a bad idea....right?

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:09 pm

So with Saiyan Saga Yamcha in the roster, is the possibility of Nappa and/or Raditz in the game still a possibility?
Is Yamcha Death Pose confirmed?!
Also, Tien Shinhan is in his RoF outfit. Makes sense if this takes place during Super.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:50 pm

It looks to be Super Yamcha in his classic outfit, the bangs are diferent. I wouldn`t mind his traditional outfit he`s currently wearing too.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not