"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:34 pm

They do have the entire main DBZ cast now. It's clearly not focusing on Super at all, or else Roshi would be there instead of Yamcha.

All that's left over is the inevitable Ultimage Gohan reveal....and maybe kid Trunks/Goten or Gotenks for the heroes. Maybe Roshi/Videl/Satan if we're lucky.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by dragonballhero » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:03 am

Am I the only one that feels like it would be a disservice to have Goten and Trunks share a slot/one be an assist character of another?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:38 am

dragonballhero wrote:Am I the only one that feels like it would be a disservice to have Goten and Trunks share a slot/one be an assist character of another?
They basically have the same moveset and no real unique moves between the two, and they fight in pairs. I'd rather have that then either Trunks or Goten not there at all.

It's more disservice to have 17 part of 18's moveset, honestly.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:57 am

I think a neat way to play it would be to have Gotenks be a playable character who occasionally defuses temporarily

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:07 am

I doubt we get Kid Trunks and Goten at all. Mor likely we get only Gotenks and Fusion Dance as intro.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:23 am

precita wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:Am I the only one that feels like it would be a disservice to have Goten and Trunks share a slot/one be an assist character of another?
They basically have the same moveset and no real unique moves between the two, and they fight in pairs. I'd rather have that then either Trunks or Goten not there at all.

It's more disservice to have 17 part of 18's moveset, honestly.
Well, if that's the case, I'd like for them to do what the Ice Climbers of Super Smash Bros. did. Well, either that or make them alt. skins of each other.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:06 am

Android 21 looks fucking good. Akira Toriyama never disappoints when it comes to female designs.
Now I'm hyped for the game's story. If Toriyama supervised it (it seems like he supervises everything Dragon Ball related lately, that's such a good thing) then it's going to be good and authentic. This game is setting the bar extremely high, I don't think we will get a better Dragon Ball game than FighterZ for a long time (until FigherZ gets a sequel). I still can't believe we are getting such a good game.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:48 am

dragonballhero wrote: Say, I wonder if Super will adapt this story into a story arc. I mean, it wouldn't a bad idea....right?
I doubt Super would adapt this into an arc, Toriyama hasn't even adapted the video game plot of the game he put a lot of story ideas into.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:55 am

I have a thought about prologue of the story for DBFZ.
The story starts at Cell Games. All like in anime/manga. Then after the battle was over and all people had gone out, appears #21 and takes the chip that was remained after the head of #16 was crushed. I remeber this scene in anime. Really, when the head of #16 was crushed, some chip was remained.
There in 1:24: https://youtu.be/iFPmUc34JNk
It explains appearance of Teen Gohan as well.

MrUnusual

Post by MrUnusual » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:09 am

I have a theory about Android 21, tell me what you guys think

My name is Julian by the way, nice to meet you guys, I am a Dragon Ball Theorist, I'm sort of kind of new to the community, this is my first time posting in years, it's been so long, my account was suspended for non-use and any posts I had in the past are gone now, so starting fresh and good to be back lol. I am currently one of the English re-translators for Dragon Ball Multiverse and a long time story analyst, especially for the Dragon Ball series, but enough about me lol, I wanted to share my theory about Android 21 as I have not seen this theory anywhere else yet.

Akira Toriyama stated in an interview that Android 16 is modeled after Dr. Gero's son who was a Red Ribbon Army soldier, he died in battle, likely during Goku's attack on the Red Ribbon Army back in Dragon Ball. In these photos, Android 21 is seen with 16, like him, she has red hair and her brilliance rivals that of Dr. Gero. I believe that she may either be Dr. Gero's daughter, OR judging by how young she looks, she could be his Granddaughter.

It's possible that Dr. Gero's son had a family before he died, including a daughter. Perhaps, she studied Dr. Gero's work as a child when she was growing up as Gero plotted his revenge against Goku for killing his son and destroying the Red Ribbon Army and maybe she continued his research to avenge her father and grandfather, since Goku was 13 when he destroyed the Red Ribbon Army, let's assume she was a baby at the time, making her about about 12 years younger than Goku. By the time the Cell Games happened, she would have only been a teenager (probably 18 years old). During Dragon Ball Super's currently timeline, she would be 31, this would given her enough experience to learn everything her grandfather knew so that she can turn herself into a Cyborg, the same way he did and extract her revenge.

Speaking of Cyborg though, that is the tricky part of my theory, is she an Android? Or Cyborg? If she is 100% mechanical, she could be just another Android hiding in Dr. Gero's lab (which was allegedly destroyed), it's possible he had 2 kids and she was modeled after his daughter. Or, maybe she did what he did and made a complete mechanical version of her body to have her brain implanted into (but who put her brain in there) or it could be just a translation error like with Android 17 and 18 who are not actually Androids, but Cyborgs.

Let me know what you guys think, I would love to hear your thoughts on this and thank you for reading

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:30 am

MrUnusual wrote:but who put her brain in there) or it could be just a translation error like with Android 17 and 18 who are not actually Androids, but Cyborgs.
First, all androids in DB in Japanese are called Jinzou Ninzen, in English literally Artificial Humans. No matter, cyborgs (#17 and #19), androids (#16 and #19) or genetically modeled forms of life (Cell). So, she can be anithing.
Second, in my country one writer wrote one sci-fi story, which had a race that turned cybernatics into… hmm… religion. Each person of this race in some age go to full upgrade of their body. They procedure is done by surgery robots. Surgeons of their race just tweak programm regarding plan of body upgrade, the rest do a robot.
I believe if she turned herself into cyborg, it was done by a robot. Same story more likely was with Dr.Gero, when he turned himself into #20.

MrUnusual

Post by MrUnusual » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:36 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
MrUnusual wrote:but who put her brain in there) or it could be just a translation error like with Android 17 and 18 who are not actually Androids, but Cyborgs.
First, all androids in DB in Japanese are called Jinzou Ninzen, in English literally Artificial Humans. No matter, cyborgs (#17 and #18), androids (#16 and #19) or genetically modeled forms of life (Cell). So, she can be anithing.
Second, in my country one writer wrote one sci-fi story, which had a race that turned cybernatics into… hmm… religion. Each person of this race in some age go to full upgrade of their body. They procedure is done by surgery robots. Surgeons of their race just tweak programm regarding plan of body upgrade, the rest do a robot.
This has me wonder if she has her own lab, I mean, seeing as though she is as smart or smarter than Dr. Gero, I'm sure she probably does, so you're probably right, she probably had a robot of hers implant her brain into the body or.... Another Android that she herself created O.O (suspense chime), could it be possible that we could be seeing a new line of Androids built by her? Do I head Android 22, 23 and 24? lol that would be pretty interesting. I could have sword I read in an interview somewhere that Cell was Dr. Gero's 22nd project, from then, I always wondered who 21 was, maybe I'm not remembering right though

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:27 am

Hmm… if Cell is 22nd, there is second variant, actually. She turned Gero to #20, then Gero turned her to #21. She's his disciple. If she's his disciple it does not cancel that she may be his sibling.

MrUnusual

Post by MrUnusual » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:41 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Hmm… if Cell is 22nd, there is second variant, actually. She turned Gero to #20, then Gero turned her to #21. She's his disciple. If she's his disciple it does not cancel that she may be his sibling.
Ahh, that is a very good theory indeed, but by sibling, are you referring to 16?

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:52 am

MrUnusual wrote:
Ranmaru Rei wrote:Hmm… if Cell is 22nd, there is second variant, actually. She turned Gero to #20, then Gero turned her to #21. She's his disciple. If she's his disciple it does not cancel that she may be his sibling.
Ahh, that is a very good theory indeed, but by sibling, are you referring to 16?
I mean that #21 may be sibling to Gero. Daughter, sister, wife. idk.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:57 am

precita wrote:They do have the entire main DBZ cast now. It's clearly not focusing on Super at all, or else Roshi would be there instead of Yamcha.

All that's left over is the inevitable Ultimage Gohan reveal....and maybe kid Trunks/Goten or Gotenks for the heroes. Maybe Roshi/Videl/Satan if we're lucky.
I wouldn`t mind both Kuririn and Ten having the total bumped to 15 so Yamcha would get a 3 in "power" and be bumped to 14. Kuririn and Ten having the same total is a nice nod to the everlasting debate in fandom (whereas officcialy they`ve settled for one) and they both have different strong points for the same total.

Yamcha`s main attacks are less hit target and more focused, therefore the 2 for "reach" makes sense but he`s got the basic energy attacks everyone does, the Kamehameha (of which mastery was particularly praised in the manga by Roshi) and there`s nothing indicating the Sokidan can`t be bigger and hit a wider area like seen in the Saiyan filler because it`s basically pouring more Ki control into it.

So, a 3 in energy would be better but hey, not bad.

Roshi is the only one of the original cast who`s missing and he`s 99% a sure fit with the new invested interest in the character with Super. I don`t see Videl fittig any quota to worry the trouble and neither Satan. People jab about joke characters? That`s a joke character. Gohan is just a matter of time as well as Beerus.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:04 am

In speed Yamcha has 4, btw.
Meanwhile in another ArcSys fighting game, BBTag, Yosuke…
I wonder will we have someone with insane speed.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:47 am

Yeah, that`s his main thing, speed. I don`t dislike it one bit.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:55 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
First, all androids in DB in Japanese are called Jinzou Ninzen, in English literally Artificial Humans. No matter, cyborgs (#17 and #19), androids (#16 and #19) or genetically modeled forms of life (Cell). So, she can be anithing.
I believe if she turned herself into cyborg, it was done by a robot. Same story more likely was with Dr.Gero, when he turned himself into #20.
This is me just being nit picky but #17 and #18 are not cyborgs. The only true Cyborg out of the lot is Gero. Accoring to the guide books they, along with #8, are organic in nature. So I've begun calling them Bioborgs, humans upgraded with enhanced organic parts.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:This is me just being nit picky but #17 and #18 are not cyborgs. The only true Cyborg out of the lot is Gero. Accoring to the guide books they, along with #8, are organic in nature. So I've begun calling them Bioborgs, humans upgraded with enhanced organic parts.
Err… cyborg means cybernetic organism. In other words, organism with cybernetics. #17 and #18 are definitely cyborgs. They are still organisms and they have some cybernetic enhancements.