"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MrUnusual

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by MrUnusual » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:20 pm

Lord Frieza wrote: This is me just being nit picky but #17 and #18 are not cyborgs. The only true Cyborg out of the lot is Gero. Accoring to the guide books they, along with #8, are organic in nature. So I've begun calling them Bioborgs, humans upgraded with enhanced organic parts.
Ohh, I guess that does explain why their body can be utilized by Cell to make him "Perfect", I thought they were humans with some cybernetic enhancements in their body, but the way you're describing them I guess they are bio-genetically enhanced to be something like a Super Soldier/Super Human, if this is true, this makes even less sense that they keep mistakenly being called Androids lol. #8 however, I thought he had cybernetics (if my memory serves me right, it's been some time so I could be wrong in this), didn't his chest start sparking a bit when he took a bullet for Goku shot by General White? And if 21 is an Android, I guess that would make her either just as mechanical as 16 and 19 with an artificial brain containing all of Gero's data or perhaps, only her brain is the only organic thing in her body

**EDIT:
Ranmaru Rei wrote:Err… cyborg means cybernetic organism. In other words, organism with cybernetics. #17 and #18 are definitely cyborgs. They are still organisms and they have some cybernetic enhancements.
Looks like you posted this just a few seconds before I posted mine, but that's what I always thought as well, I don't have any of the guide books, but I always thought they were humans with cybernetic parts

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:40 pm

Gero is a former human as well, tho. They`re essentially the same thing except Gero went further in replacing flesh for cibernetic parts.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Olympian wrote:Gero is a former human as well, tho. They`re essentially the same thing except Gero went further in replacing flesh for cibernetic parts.
He could probably have hundreds of androids/cyborgs locked up somewhere.. Probably not.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Kaioshin Realm confirmed as a stage:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
If you zoom in, Vegeta looks to be battle damaged.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:This is me just being nit picky but #17 and #18 are not cyborgs. The only true Cyborg out of the lot is Gero. Accoring to the guide books they, along with #8, are organic in nature. So I've begun calling them Bioborgs, humans upgraded with enhanced organic parts.
Err… cyborg means cybernetic organism. In other words, organism with cybernetics. #17 and #18 are definitely cyborgs. They are still organisms and they have some cybernetic enhancements.
Ok let me show you. This was given to my by TheDevilsCorpse, one of the modiraters and comes from the guide books.

Biotechnological-type Artificial Humans

01 ~ Artificial Human No. 8
A human-based artificial human developed early on by Doctor Gero. "Hacchan" is the pet name that Goku gave him. He has no big special features outside of his superhuman strength and strong build. He has a timid and gentle personality. Though he won't fight when he himself is in danger, once he's angered he unleashes his true power. All artificial humans after No. 8 were built for the purpose of defeating Goku.

02 ~ Artificial Human No. 18
A female type, rare among artificial humans. Judging her by her appearance will backfire severely. Being human-based, she has the ability to mother children. Though she wields less power than her twin brother No. 17, she is still enough of a warrior to overwhelm Super Saiyan Vegeta.

03 ~ Artificial Human No. 17
A cool-headed artificial human who enjoys battles as if they were games. As the twin brother of No. 18, he places more importance on power. Like No. 18, he is fundamentally human-based and only his organic matter has been restructured. The few mechanical parts that are used were for his emergency deactivation controller and self-destruction device. If the emergency deactivation controller is used on the powerful No. 17 and No. 18, they become unable to move their bodies.

As infinite models, No. 17 and No. 18's energy is limitless. Even if they discharge barriers or energy bullets, it isn't depleted.

So they are not Cyborgs athe their inhancements are purly organic in nature. A bomb and a control unit dont make you a cyborg as they do not replace or ehnace any part of your body, they just make you a slave.
MrUnusual wrote:snip
I think this answers some of your questions to. Like the others its only the bomb with in him thats mechanical. The filler creators likely were not privey to this informastion when they showed his inner workings, hell they give #8 a creator other then Gero becuse at the time Gero didn't exist.

Edit as I class them....

Android: Robot built in the shape of a person - #19, #16, #14, #15, Possibly #13

Cybrog: Human Upgraded with mechanical parts - #20

Bioborg: Humans with upgraded organic parts - #8, #17, #18, Possibly #13

Biot: Biological Robot - Cell.

Edit
Olympian wrote:Gero is a former human as well, tho. They`re essentially the same thing except Gero went further in replacing flesh for cibernetic parts.
Sorry missed your post on the first run.

I have to say no their very different. Gero is a true Cybrog as he had replaced and inhanced everything bar his braing with machins. #17 and #18 only have organic upgradeds and the only machins in their bodies were put their to enslave them Putting a bomb and a control device in someones head dose not make them a cybrog. Cyborg applies to an organism that has restored function or enhanced abilities due to the integration of some artificial component or technology that relies on some sort of feedback. Since both devices do not fall into this catagory they are not cyborgs.

MrUnusual

Post by MrUnusual » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:26 pm

When did I say "snip"? I don't remember that >.> lol but since they (17 and 18) are artificial humans with biotechnological enhancements, would this basically make them test tube babies? I always thought they had a past life, parents perhaps, thus their names being Lapis and Lazuli, but isn't an artificial human a human that is created by man bio-genetically in a lab? I wonder if they grew up there. Or maybe what this means is that the outside of them is from the corpses of Lapis and Lazuli and everything inside of them, organs and all were removed and then re-manufactured and enhanced bio-genetically and put back into their bodies. If that's the case, sheesh, the Android Saga and Cell Saga is even darker ad eerier than I imagined lol

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:35 pm

MrUnusual wrote:When did I say "snip"? I don't remember that >.> lol but since they (17 and 18) are artificial humans with biotechnological enhancements, would this basically make them test tube babies? I always thought they had a past life, parents perhaps, thus their names being Lapis and Lazuli, but isn't an artificial human a human that is created by man bio-genetically in a lab? I wonder if they grew up there. Or maybe what this means is that the outside of them is from the corpses of Lapis and Lazuli and everything inside of them, organs and all were removed and then re-manufactured and enhanced bio-genetically and put back into their bodies. If that's the case, sheesh, the Android Saga and Cell Saga is even darker ad eerier than I imagined lol
I only use "snip" as a means of showing that I have replyed to you but also to cut down the amount space quotes can take up, especially with replying to multiple posts

You pretty much hit it on the head. They were normal people once but Gero captured them and weaponized them likly through them menas you describe. And yes that is very dark, its bad enough having someone cut pieces out of you and place them with machines......but to have someone rip you from your life, cut you open and replaceing or inhanceing your bodies organic structure.... thats true hell. A least a cyborg can clame that he still has part of his humanity left......#17 and #18 dont even have that. Gero took everything from them.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:38 pm

Lapis and Lazuli defiintely was real humans.
In Japanese they are jinzou ningen. Jinzou means artificial, ningen mean human. I believe, it's legit term to call androids in Japanese language. I don't know why Toriyama choosed this term, actually. And I'm lazy to research.
MrUnusual wrote:Or maybe what this means is that the outside of them is from the corpses of Lapis and Lazuli and everything inside of them, organs and all were removed and then re-manufactured and enhanced bio-genetically and put back into their bodies. If that's the case, sheesh, the Android Saga and Cell Saga is even darker ad eerier than I imagined lol
Probably.
Last edited by Ranmaru Rei on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Sorry missed your post on the first run.

I have to say no their very different. Gero is a true Cybrog as he had replaced and inhanced everything bar his braing with machins. #17 and #18 only have organic upgradeds and the only machins in their bodies were put their to enslave them Putting a bomb and a control device in someones head dose not make them a cybrog. Cyborg applies to an organism that has restored function or enhanced abilities due to the integration of some artificial component or technology that relies on some sort of feedback. Since both devices do not fall into this catagory they are not cyborgs.
I stand corrected on the twins :)
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Lapis and Lazuli defiintely was real humans.
In Japanese they are jinzou ningen. Jinzou means artificial, ningen mean human. I believe, it legit term to call androids in Japanese language. I don't know why Toriyama choosed this term, actually. And I'm lazy to research.
MrUnusual wrote:Or maybe what this means is that the outside of them is from the corpses of Lapis and Lazuli and everything inside of them, organs and all were removed and then re-manufactured and enhanced bio-genetically and put back into their bodies. If that's the case, sheesh, the Android Saga and Cell Saga is even darker ad eerier than I imagined lol
Probably.
I use Android or Artifical Human as an umbrella name for them all. Its only when I started looking to properly catagories them that things got complicated.

Edit: This sort of stuff makes me want to learn about #21 even more!

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:16 pm

One more art of Android #21[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

MrUnusual

Post by MrUnusual » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:32 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:This sort of stuff makes me want to learn about #21 even more!
Right? Now I want to know if she really is an Android (all mechanical), or if she's like 17 and 18. Would be awesome if my theory of her is very accurate though, I tend to be lucky at predicting things in the Dragon Ball world lol. For example. When I was in high school, I made a fan comic book called Dragon Ball Future, there was an arc that Broly was wished back accidentally, it was discovered that he had 2 sisters named Cali and Flora (characters I created back then), both were Super Saiyans, they were twins, but easy to tell apart by their personalities. Cali had short hair and was tomboy-ish, she was a brute like the typical Universe 7 Saiyans we've seen in the past. Flora has long hair and is more kind-hearted and does not like to fight unless she needs to. These 2 become allies of the Z fighters to take their brother down, during their time on Earth, they are taught the fusion dance and can become Califlora.

My point to that story is that many years later, Kale and Caulifla are introduced, the first 2 Super Saiyan Females of the series get introduced, one of them can become a Berserker like Broly, the other has a Cauliflower name pun much like mine and one looks innocent and the other is more tomboy-ish, it started to sound familiar to me lol

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:38 pm

Great that Chaozu is in the game, even as an assist character. Even better, he's wearing his DBS outfit. Makes me wonder why they didn't give Yamcha his DBS outfit too. Or even Trunks.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:41 pm

I really hope there aren't many movie characters in this. They really need to fill out the roster with canon characters like Radditz, Nappa, Dabura, Ginyu, etc. before we get all the generic movie villains for the millionth time.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:55 pm

precita wrote:I really hope there aren't many movie characters in this. They really need to fill out the roster with canon characters like Radditz, Nappa, Dabura, Ginyu, etc. before we get all the generic movie villains for the millionth time.
I was thinking about Raditz from a gameplay perspective, and I think he could function well with having counter moves where he feins vulnerability and if he is attacked he counters, like when he pretended to be good to make goku let go of his tail. He could have a double sunday air attack which he can shoot down, diagonally and forward dependant on input as well as a ground one. I also think, like when he tanked Picollos blast and prepared to blast back, this could be a super where he gains super armour and if he's blasted with a super, he takes a reduced damage percentage and fires a massive blast THROUGH the enemies one to interrupt them and deal damage back.

he could have a dash teleport where he elbows them like when he got behind goku and vegeta, a poke move where he whips them with his tail.

I can imagine Nappa being a close in brawler, somewhere between Abigail/Hugo from street fighter and sentinel from MVC3

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:15 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I was thinking about Raditz from a gameplay perspective, and I think he could function well with having counter moves where he feins vulnerability and if he is attacked he counters, like when he pretended to be good to make goku let go of his tail. He could have a double sunday air attack which he can shoot down, diagonally and forward dependant on input as well as a ground one. I also think, like when he tanked Picollos blast and prepared to blast back, this could be a super where he gains super armour and if he's blasted with a super, he takes a reduced damage percentage and fires a massive blast THROUGH the enemies one to interrupt them and deal damage back.
I see you've come to the same conclusion I did. Check out my previous post:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38888&p=1375173#p1375173

If I could make an edit it would be this:

Maybe how he hit Gohan be in his moveset.

Finishing Moves:
Saturday Crush:
Level 1
Level 2

Double Sunday (shoots into the air then launches them at his opponent)

Here is a possible combo for Raditz or maybe a finisher:
1) Part 1
2) Part 2
3) Part 3
Now, the last bit was used in Budokai Tenkaichi 3 as a beam.
We'll never know what it was going to be, but I always pictured it being an extreme version of this:

But, my brother said it would been like the Chidori (or Lightning Blade) from Naruto and Raditz uses to impale his opponent.
If I recall, Vegeta was about to do the same to Gohan before Yajirobe attacked him:
mahakaishin1991 wrote: I can imagine Nappa being a close in brawler, somewhere between Abigail/Hugo from street fighter and sentinel from MVC3
Much like Sentinel's drones, I could see Nappa using the Saibamen like in Zenkai Battle.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Yamcha looks awesome! I think the Super hair may be my favourite hairstyle yet. I wonder if we'll ever see him fight again in Super, but if not this is the next best thing!

Chiaoutzu being included even in a small way is incredible to me. As much as I rag on him, I've always thought he should be technically deserving of being in more DB games due to his unique telekinetic abilities.

Tien was a bit of a no brainer but it's nice to see he got in too.

Now where is Roshi to complete the perfect human squadron?

Android 21 is a bit of whatever for the time being. Need to see more of her before I can get excited for the character.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:18 pm

His Super haisrtyle is really a callback to the first appearance, even his current outfit was used back then. As classic the Turtle Gi is, I think his traditional trends speak Martial Artist quite enough to look cool in motion and it`s something different.

Now Super only needs to get their collective lazy brain together and have Yamcha fight again. Make it an actual plot point him rediscovering his roots and learning from past mistakes, like underestimating opponents. I refuse to consider Super the proper sendoff to Dragonball without this when even Chiatzu at least has a cool ability moment in display in holding base Goku briefly.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:28 pm

I thought the base ball episode was great for him. He is the ONLY ONE who stood outside in the storm that was Champa and Beerus' fight. Not even Goku or Vegeta did that. They were protected by Whis' barrier. But Yamcha toughed it out and won the game.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!