The most entertaining team up?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

The most entertaining team up?

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:46 pm

So far with the tournament of power we had some team ups like the recent episode we had Roshi and Vegeta and 104 with Goku and Hit. So which team ups do you like to see and which ones have you enjoyed so far? I also enjoyed Botammo covering up Magetta's ears when they were fighting Vegeta.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

precita
Banned

Re: The most entertaining team up?

Post by precita » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:47 pm

I still want a proper 18 and 17 team up, and we'll probably get that eventually.

Goku/Gohan will obviously happen by the end of the tournament.

I also want to see Piccolo and 17 fight side by side, because they fought each other and shook hands when they met again.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:09 pm

Vegeta and Roshi proved to be amazing.

To name a few:

Vegeta and Android 17 or 18

Vegeta and Piccolo

Goku and Android 17 or 18

Goku and Piccolo

Frieza and Android 17 or 18

Frieza and Piccolo

Gohan and Android 17 or 18

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:44 pm

Ones I've enjoyed so far:

Goku and 17/18
Goku and Piccolo
Goku and Hitto
Vegeta and Roshi

Ones I want to see:

Goku and Gohan
Goku and Freeza
Vegeta and Piccolo
Hitto and Frost

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:56 pm

I am looking forward to Vegeta/Roshi which I haven't got to yet (almost there)

But of the new ones I really enjoyed Goku with Android 17/18 a lot.

As for ones I'd like to see anything that we haven't really seen before

Vegeta with Gohan
Vegeta with Piccolo
Vegeta with the Androids
Piccolo with the Androids
Gohan with the Androids
Freeza with any of the above

There are so many possibilities that I hope they go crazy. And that is just Universe 7. :)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:13 pm

Goku and Hit with a doubt. Out of all the team ups in the tournaments so far, I've gotten a kick out of that tag team the most.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:28 pm

Caulifla and Kale is the only one I've liked so far. I kinda liked Goku and Hit.

Goku/Freeza truly working in tandem would be highly entertaining. I can never get enough of the enemies working together trope. I like picturing them sweeping through fodder as the F intro plays.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:01 pm

Magetta teaming up with Frost and Magetta teaming up Botamo were cool. The one short bit where Roshi used his electric attack to hold some dude in place for Tenshinhan to knock out was neat. The pride trooper saving Dyspo was alright. Besides that, most team fights were pretty generic. It's honestly pretty disappointing.

A big hope I had before I knew for sure that Tenshinhan would disappointingly be royally fucked over was that Hit would fight with Tien. Of course it didn't happen, and I know it never really had a chance of happening, but I thought it would be fun is Hit (the hitman) and Tenshinhan (the ex-assassin) did some sort of thing where they fought a powerful opponent by striking pressure points.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:40 pm

MY FAVORITE ~~~ The Kamikaze Fireballs ~ Ribrianne, Kakunsa and Rozie! :mrgreen:

Others I have Liked;

~~ Vikal and Kakunsa!
~~ Jimeze, Ribrianne and Rozie!
~~ Piccolo and Gohan!
~~ Botamo and Magetta!
~~ The Trio Dangers!
~~ ALL of Universe 9!
~~ Kale and Caulifla!
~~ Hermila and Prum!

Ones I like to See;

~~ Any member of Universes 2 and 7 working Together! :thumbup:
~~ Jimeze and Ribrianne
~~ Piccolo, Saonel and Pilina!
~~ Cabba, Kale & Caulifla!
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:01 am

I liked the Krillin and 18 teammup the most. Roshi and Vegeta would come in close second.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:06 am

Caulifla and Kale.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:56 am

Bergamo, Basil and Lavenda
Roshi and Vegeta
Hit and Goku
18 and Krillin

I would to like to see these:
17 and Piccolo
Goku and Piccolo
Hit and Frost
Cabba, Caulifla and Kale
Gohan and Vegeta

The Saiyan Royal

Post by The Saiyan Royal » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:31 am

- Goku and Frieza.
- Goku and Gohan.

-Vegeta and Androids.
-Vegeta and Piccolo.
-Vegeta and Frieza.

-Gohan and Androids.
-Gohan and Vegeta.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:10 am

For me, Goku and Hit was easily the best tag team. Caulifla and Kale eliminating like half the Pride Troopers has to be #2 for me.

For potential team ups, I want to see Gohan and Vegeta. Like I want a scene where Piccolo gets eliminated and Gohan is out there crying for letting his master down starts getting kicked around by the two Nameks. Vegeta notices and flies in to try to combat the two Nameks. Vegeta manages to push both fighters away and get Gohan to a safe space to hide temporarily. Gohan looks up with a teary face saying he let Piccolo down and Vegeta gives him a devastating blow to the midsection of Gohan. Gohan drops to the floor grabbing his stomach and gasping for air. Vegeta talks ruthless to Gohan about finding the true Saiyan warrior inside of him because they need that Saiyan pride to come out if they want to win this brutal tournament. At first it seems as though Vegeta's words are not hitting a still empty headed Gohan. All of a sudden the two Nameks ambush Vegeta and Gohan. Vegeta manages to push Gohan out of the way leaving Vegeta open for attacks. The two fighters beat down Vegeta to the point where he powers out of SSJB. They bring Vegeta to an edge about to eliminate him and Gohan witnesses all of this with Vegeta's words now ringing in his head. Gohan suddenly unleashes power and attacks on the two fighters. They can then drop some Cell Saga love and have Vegeta help Gohan in beam battle to end it.
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:38 am

Their have really been only three I've enjoyed thus far.

1. Goku Hit episode episode 104.

2. Vegeta and Roshi episode 107.

3.Gohan and Piccolo both episode 106 and 103.

4. Kuririn and 18 in 99.

A team-up I would like to see though would probably never happen is Vegeta and Hit. I think it would provide an interesting dynamic which has Vegeta forgive Hit for his previous humiliation instead of beating the crap out of him. In turn, Hit could come to respect Vegeta as a warrior.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:34 am

Vegeta and Roshi showed us last episode that the unlikely team-ups can be the most interesting. More like that would be cool.

I like the idea of Gohan teaming up with Freeza. They'll be trading blows next episode, but wouldn't it be cool if something interfered with the fight that forced them to team up. Like Frost, or one of the Pride Troopers.

In a similar vein of enemy team-ups, Goku and Toppo could be interesting. I'm not sure what could force them together since the only one who could pose a real threat to either is Jiren, who is on Toppo's team. Maybe the U4 fighters?

Other ideas with potential? Caulifla with Vegeta, Gohan with Kale, Piccolo with 17.

BWri

Post by BWri » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:33 am

TekTheNinja wrote:Magetta teaming up with Frost and Magetta teaming up Botamo were cool. The one short bit where Roshi used his electric attack to hold some dude in place for Tenshinhan to knock out was neat. The pride trooper saving Dyspo was alright. Besides that, most team fights were pretty generic. It's honestly pretty disappointing.

A big hope I had before I knew for sure that Tenshinhan would disappointingly be royally fucked over was that Hit would fight with Tien. Of course it didn't happen, and I know it never really had a chance of happening, but I thought it would be fun is Hit (the hitman) and Tenshinhan (the ex-assassin) did some sort of thing where they fought a powerful opponent by striking pressure points.
I was looking forward to that too! Mainly I wanted to see the Assassins team up against those mysterious bugs from U4, but alas Tien is no more. I really want Piccolo and Vegeta now though. Then Vegeta and 17 then Piccolo and 17 and finally 17 and 18. I hope Piccolo and Gohan tag up against Frieza and Frost as well.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:11 am

All this yearning for a good Vegeta & Piccolo team up :lol: Wonder if the franchise will ever let that happen. What we got with the two of them so far is "Move! My turn now!"

Other team ups I'd like to see
17 & 18
Freeza & anybody (except Goku, but I bet it's going to be Goku)
Hit & anybody from his universe
Goku & Piccolo - I miss this team :(

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:19 am

Michsi wrote:All this yearning for a good Vegeta & Piccolo team up :lol: Wonder if the franchise will ever let that happen. What we got with the two of them so far is "Move! My turn now!"

Other team ups I'd like to see
17 & 18
Freeza & anybody (except Goku, but I bet it's going to be Goku)
Hit & anybody from his universe
Goku & Piccolo - I miss this team :(
Well, we did get episode 42. :lol:

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:52 am

My favorite so far:Tien and Roshi, Tien and Gohan /Piccolo, the best and most emotional is Roshi with Vegeta tho, totally unexpected to me to see Vegeta respect our old Master so much, kudos to him
And don't forget Goku with Hit

Which I wait the most? No doubt: 17,18 and some other, but especially the big one, Goku X Gohan dammit