"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:07 pm

Raditz I think is a bit of a stretch but Nappa could be a ton of fun. Definitely one of the minor villains I'd like to see make the game.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:53 pm

Do you guys think we will see a new build at TGS? If not , when ?
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:28 am

budokaifanatic007 wrote:Do you guys think we will see a new build at TGS? If not , when ?
I believe, they teased this for TGS. If not, why they teased this so early. For TGS, on other hand, just in time.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:08 am

V Jump always comes out around this time, and they said they'd announce new characters every V Jump; it's irrespective of TGS's timing. Not that I'm saying we won't have a new build at TGS. I hope to see the SSBs there at least.

Max said yesterday that Bandai Namco told him he might be invited back for another play session "pretty soon".

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:12 am

Simere wrote:V Jump always comes out around this time, and they said they'd announce new characters every V Jump; it's irrespective of TGS's timing. Not that I'm saying we won't have a new build at TGS. I hope to see the SSBs there at least.

Max said yesterday that Bandai Namco told him he might be invited back for another play session "pretty soon".
Isn't v-jump where we got the info on Yamaha, tien and 21 from?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:24 am

Kanassa wrote:Isn't v-jump where we got the info on Yamaha, tien and 21 from?
Yes. I meant that they didn't reveal them now because TGS is coming soon; they revealed them now because V Jump releases now. Or, you know, leaks now.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:16 am

We still should get character videos for Yamcha and Tenshinhan at the Tokyo Games Show. Very curious to see their unique mechanics.

Aren't we getting characters at a pretty fast clip? Imagining we get 2 revealed each month, not counting the month of release, that's 8 more characters.
We currently have 15 characters, 16 if we count Android #21 which would add up to 23/24 characters on release. 24 is a multiple of 3, seems like a likely number.

Playing the guessing game:
17 - Adult Gohan
18 - Pure Boo
19 - Beerus
20 - SSJ3 Gotenks
21 - Ginyu
22 - Nappa
23- Dabra or Dr.Gero
24 - Goku Black or Hit

I wouldn't mind Mr.Satan or another joke character instead of some of the above. Although the list above provides a interesting and wide roster.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:36 am

I think we will get these :

Gotenks SSJ3
SSJB Vegetto or at least Gogeta SSJ4
Black Rosé + Zamasu as a team
Kid Buu
Hit
Beerus
Dabra

From DBZ movies :

Broly (most likely)
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:44 am

Currently we have 8 characters on hero side, 6 characters on villain side, if #21 is playable.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:30 am

If we're to get 8 more characters then surely Beerus, adult Gohan, Vegetto & Black will be among them.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:43 am

Okay, since we started predicting, I'll do mine, with commentary on why I think they could fit, so that way at least it's more then a pure wishlist.

So, I think there will be more then 8, but let's assume for now it's 8:

1.) Gotenks: Not seeing Goten/Trunks taking seperate slots. They could work as a team, but Gotenks has more interesting moves alone, then the two of them seperatedly.
2.) Ultimate Gohan: Yep, obvously. Still, it goes against their no duplicate characters rule. Except, he has longer limbs now, some different moves, and he could even turn into the Great Saiyaman for a super move. They have to make a 3D model of him for the storymode anyway, even if he is not included.
3.) Kid Buu: He is not fat Buu, and the final villain of DBZ, with all those limb-stretching moves. I can only see him not included if they go with Super Buu instead.
4.) Beerus: Although his moveset is not that unique, it's at least a bit different, and his character design stands out from the cast. He is also really popular.
5.) Hit: Popular, and his fighting style is without the conventional Dragon Ball stuff. Not just the time skip, and the close range moves, but he also has a time barrier, and his invisible shockwave, which is an instant kill in the anime.
6.) Black: He has like 3 types of energy weapons he can create, and even that portal thing. Zamasu could work as assist for him, and on of his super moves could be Merged Zamasu with that bullet rain attack.
7.) Magetta: Because ArcSys' tradition of including unexpected characters. He is much larger then even #16. He could work as the "Juggernaut" or "Abigail" of DBFZ, with giant hitboxes, slow speed, and armor on many of his moves.
8.) Ginyuu Force: Ginyuu has no interesting moves, besides his body change, but add his 4 team members as assists, and now he is an unique and fun character. Saiyan/Freeza sagas also need a representation other then Yamcha and maybe Freeza.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:25 pm

I think after Yamcha and Ten+Chiatzu, the ones I`m mostly looking forward are Roshi, Beerus and Hit. All unique designs on their own on top of being popular. Hit would particularly work well in the game.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:29 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I thought the base ball episode was great for him. He is the ONLY ONE who stood outside in the storm that was Champa and Beerus' fight. Not even Goku or Vegeta did that. They were protected by Whis' barrier. But Yamcha toughed it out and won the game.
Don`t get me wrong, I loved the sequence but his fans just want a straitghforward cool moment out of the context of a gag as well (I know, I know, technically outing almost everyone in U6 would count, but it`s not fighting..). Every character has had both (maybe expecting Piccolo with being the most stern out of the gang) and I`m fine with gag being used, Goku climbed to the Moon once!

But I wish to see the other side of the coin for a proper sendoff.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:14 pm

Yamcha was a joke since original Dragon Ball. He does not win any noticeable fight. And it's shame. I believe, Toriyama just does not know what to do with his characters after they play their role. So, he turned him to a joke character.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:15 pm

Yamcha was never a joke in the original Dragonball, nor in DBZ.

Even when Yamcha stopped fighting he got a respectable exit in the Buu arc, they didn't treat him like he couldn't do anything.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:34 pm

Yamcha was a joke from the beginning. In his first fight he forfeited because he was scared of girls. In his second fight he threw a fit when a tooth was knocked out. His whole goal was in using the Dragon Balls to wish for something incredibly stupid. It was all a joke.

Once his initial goal was achieved (by hooking up with Bulma) his character became a bum and the joke turned meta. Look at how pathetic Yamcha is for getting beaten in the first round three times in a row. Look at how pathetic he is for needing his girlfriend's boobs to save him from being beaten up by an invisible man. Look at how much stronger everyone else is than him. He was basically written out of the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai fight when he was sent to the hospital and he was totally pointless during the subsequent Piccolo arc. He didn't get to show up at the five year reunion and then the Saibaman happened. After that he got cuckolded by Vegeta and impaled by Gero. Just as a recap, facing the major villains of the series he was either out of the action entirely (Red Ribbon Army, Piccolo, Freeza, Boo) or he was dispatched immediately by a weaker character (Saibaman, Gero). That's like getting killed by Dodoria.

At his introduction Yamcha's dream was to get married and he was passionate about the martial arts. By the time he reached his forties he was unmarried and had given up fighting. Totally pathetic from head to toe. He didn't even get the grace Tenshinhan did by being legitimately imposing in his first appearance. While he got the upper hand on Goku there was an explicit reason given that negated the victory.

Yamcha has always been a joke, he's always been pathetic and the only good grace he has is that he's a really nice guy.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:40 pm

Please keep your conversations on-topic about the game.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:48 pm

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Btw, what do you think about arenas in the game? Currently 6 stages are confirmed. Also one stage was teased in the first anouncement trailer of the game.
I think, it will be around 12-16 stages.
I wanna see: Future in Ruins, Kame House, Kami Lookout, Korin's Place and the Nameless Planet. Strange and very unlikely, but also I want to see Demon's Toilet from Uranai Baba arc and Penguin Village.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:50 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Look at this awesome moment: https://twitter.com/PROFESSIONALEON/sta ... 8030300161
This game! This motherFking game. The things I would do for this game. I've never felt love at first sight but I'm sure it feels like this.

MvsC2 was my favorite fighting game of all time but this. This is what I need.