"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:39 am

perucho1990 wrote:So guys, thoughts of U4 being more relevant to the plot after what happened in the latest manga chapter?
I had my suspicions it was U4 but now hopefully not because I swear to kami if Toyo ruined this tease right off the bat... I am gonna be livid.
Noah wrote:So I was wondering this time limit in the ToP exists for a reason, if the time runs out the winner will be the universe with most fighters in the ring, but what if there are two or more universes tied in numbers of fighters? There will be extra time like in soccer or anything else? :think:
Didn't they say the "best fighter" would win?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:21 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:So guys, thoughts of U4 being more relevant to the plot after what happened in the latest manga chapter?
I had my suspicions it was U4 but now hopefully not because I swear to kami if Toyo ruined this tease right off the bat... I am gonna be livid.
Noah wrote:So I was wondering this time limit in the ToP exists for a reason, if the time runs out the winner will be the universe with most fighters in the ring, but what if there are two or more universes tied in numbers of fighters? There will be extra time like in soccer or anything else? :think:
Didn't they say the "best fighter" would win?
I don't think it is the bugs simply because Damom appeared in the opening alongside Ribrianne and Basil. The bugs probably have a very ability though.

Instead of having extra time like in football they could have sudden death sort of and have it so that if you lose one fighter you lose no matter what.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:04 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Didn't they say the "best fighter" would win?
The best fighter gets the wish. The only thing they've said about winning is that whichever team has the most people remaining is the victor.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:09 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
The best fighter gets the wish. The only thing they've said about winning is that whichever team has the most people remaining is the victor.
Ahh right, thanks for the clear up!

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:13 am

I don't see what's wrong with u4 being revelant, the anime is doing a damn good job keeping the 2 warriors as a mystery,a huge positive that this saga is unpredictable
Mostly active on discord.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:17 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
You're welcome! :thumbup:

I really hope we get to see Cabba, Caulifla and Kale team up on Toppo in this next episode. People are sleeping on Cabba because he's weaker than his teammates but I think the little guy will surprise us. Plus I love the irony of Toppo getting taken out by teamwork after going solo. :lol:

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:30 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: The best fighter gets the wish. The only thing they've said about winning is that whichever team has the most people remaining is the victor.
You're welcome! :thumbup:

I really hope we get to see Cabba, Caulifla and Kale team up on Toppo in this next episode. People are sleeping on Cabba because he's weaker than his teammates but I think the little guy will surprise us. Plus I love the irony of Toppo getting taken out by teamwork after going solo. :lol:
aren't Caulifla & Kale damaged,I don't see them fighting yet,who knows maybe Kale of all people will save cabba
Mostly active on discord.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:54 pm

Simere wrote:Does Whis actually say stronger? The Toei subs say the GoD can't defeat the mortal, Herms's summary says stronger. If it were just "can't defeat" and the mortal is from U4, I'd expect a gag.
The God of Destruction isn't a match for the mortal and that God of Destruction is stronger than Beers.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:01 pm

The gr wrote:aren't Caulifla & Kale damaged,I don't see them fighting yet,who knows maybe Kale of all people will save cabba
They were just taking a rest to recover stamina after taking out the Pride Troopers. Caulifla was going to jump in to fight Dyspo and Kunshi before Goku dropped in.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:06 pm

This is what I would like this Mortal stronger than God of Destruction thing to actually mean.

In the anime when Whis said the God of Destruction is stronger than Beerus I would like to think he was actually teasing Beerus while Beerus thought he was being serious and he thought Whis was talking about the arm wrestle when he was actually teasing him about Champa.

This mortal could then be Zarama or maybe Zarama has trained a green race in Universe 6 over many years and maybe his best current students were sent to the tournament and one of these are the strongest? This could also explain how that race got Dragon Balls. I wonder who the students could possibly be? :)

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:26 pm

Did I miss something about mortal stronger a GoD? I mean in a recent post if herm or anyone else found some more source? I only know what whis said so far.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:28 pm

vashter wrote:Did I miss something about mortal stronger a GoD? I mean in a recent post if herm or anyone else found some more source? I only know what whis said so far.
In the manga it is said that Quitela is the one that beat Beerus in an arm wrestle and all this discussion has come from that.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:29 pm

They didn't say anything about stronger, that's an implication by the fans. All Whis stated was the mortal "can't be defeated" by the GoD who beat Beerus in an arm wrestling match.

It could be the cicada warrior Damom from U4. According to the Toei source code Damom is invisible, skilled at dodging, can shed his skin, and self destructs that sounds like an annoying fighter to deal with. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the 2 bugs. :lol:

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:35 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Simere wrote:Does Whis actually say stronger? The Toei subs say the GoD can't defeat the mortal, Herms's summary says stronger. If it were just "can't defeat" and the mortal is from U4, I'd expect a gag.
The God of Destruction isn't a match for the mortal and that God of Destruction is stronger than Beers.
Thanks for always clarifying the exact phrasing I wonder about. :thumbup:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:38 pm

Yedis wrote:They didn't say anything about stronger, that's an implication by the fans. All Whis stated was the mortal "can't be defeated" by the GoD who beat Beerus in an arm wrestling match.

It could be the cicada warrior Damom from U4. According to the Toei source code Damom is invisible, skilled at dodging, can shed his skin, and self destructs that sounds like an annoying fighter to deal with. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the 2 bugs. :lol:
In the anime it was Beerus who mentioned the arm wrestle not Whis, so Whis could be talking about a different God and Beerus is interpreting it wrong.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:40 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
vashter wrote:Did I miss something about mortal stronger a GoD? I mean in a recent post if herm or anyone else found some more source? I only know what whis said so far.
In the manga it is said that Quitela is the one that beat Beerus in an arm wrestle and all this discussion has come from that.
Hmm just in a manga... wonder what will bring into anime if going to be different

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:54 pm

Does anyone think zeno is so damn weak? I mean I get he omnipotent all powerful without breaking a sweat, but fighting sense is really bad.. Of course beerus is the one stated that he doesn't fight but have insane power by a large margin. However, if zeno is really weak I bet Krillin ki blast would have kill him, and wonder what will happened?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:32 pm

Yedis wrote:They didn't say anything about stronger, that's an implication by the fans. All Whis stated was the mortal "can't be defeated" by the GoD who beat Beerus in an arm wrestling match.

This feels like it could be a set-up for a gag or a fake out. The god beating Beerus at arm wrestling says nothing about their skill as a warrior. Be kind of a let down if Quitela couldn't beat Damom/Gamisaras because he's a twit who relies on power over skill, huh? :lol: And yet it feels so Toriyama.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:58 pm

What if Damon and/or Gamisaras have hidden transformations? It would make them threatening that besides raw strength, they gained quite hax abilities.

Cicadas can evolve...

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:10 pm

The manga has its own canon (and I'm sure Whis will never say there's a mortal stronger than Quitela). Many things are different, for example the Exhibition matches were a Toei thing like Future Trunk's asspulls etc.