Most interesting character in ToP?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Most interesting character in ToP?

Post by Xeztin » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:55 am

To me it's Maji Kayo he has cool techniques and reminds me of Baby and Boo. Anyone else think he'd make a good villian? Who is the most interesting character to you in this arc? I feel like 50 percent of the introduced characters are throw aways. Obuni was pretty cool as he reminded me of Frankenstein.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Re: Most interesting character in ToP?

Post by Freeza9000 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:56 am

This guy right here:

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:12 am

Though I wouldn't say his the most interesting, Hit is definitely my favourite. His pragmatic approach and banter during battle is always entertaining to watch.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:24 am

Xeztin wrote:To me it's Maji Kayo he has cool techniques and reminds me of Baby and Boo. Anyone else think he'd make a good villian? Who is the most interesting character to you in this arc? I feel like 50 percent of the introduced characters are throw aways. Obuni was pretty cool as he reminded me of Frankenstein.
I thought Maji-Kayo was a Pretty Cool Concept for a Character and I felt while he did seem like Baby and Boo, he felt Even More like a Homage to the T1000 from the T2: Judgement Day Movie and that was AWESOME! 8)

Obuni was a Very Interesting and Well Executed Character with how they made him personality wise, a Very honorable attitude with his fight with Gohan and His reasons for fighting for his family. He alone brought Universe 10 up allot of Points for me and went out with allot of meaning, weight on him with the true costs of what the deaths of the Universes Mean and with that Much, Much Sadness.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:33 am

As for who I My Personal #1 Most Interesting Character to ME in this ToP Arc?!

My Fandom and Present Day Avatar is Pretty Clear on That! ;) :lol:

Indeed though a Great question on the Why Part, So go the the Link Below and Find on Why For Me for Brianne de Chateau/Ribrianne!

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=38679&start=40#p1377191

--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:50 am

Freeza9000 wrote:This guy right here:
Nink was done dirty,he was this close to be the hero of the tournament.
As a long time Nink fan i feel cheated.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:27 am

Some designs I liked: Jiren, Ribrianne, Rozie, Maji=Kayo, Vikal, Jimizu, Ganos.

Characters I've enjoyed the most (not from U7): Hitto, Frost, Basil, Dyspo, and Rou.

I legit miss Rou. Best Kaioshin.

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:43 am

Desing wise: Ganos, Kahseral, Toppo, Jiren, Maji´Kayo

Plot wise: Frost, Kale, 17, Frieza and Roshi

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:52 am

So far it's Roshi. The way he handled his enemies and interacted with everyone was pure gold.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:13 am

Design Wise: Jiren,Dyspo,Maji kayo,Ganos,Zirloin,The Kamikaze Fireball,Jimeze,Majora,Basil,Bergamo,Lavenda and Nigrisshi.
    Character Wise: Caulifla,Frieza,Frost,Hit,#17 and Master Roshi.

Michsi
    I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:16 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:As for who I My Personal #1 Most Interesting Character to ME in this ToP Arc?!

My Fandom and Present Day Avatar is Pretty Clear on That! ;) :lol:

Indeed though a Great question on the Why Part, So go the the Link Below and Find on Why For Me for Brianne de Chateau/Ribrianne!

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=38679&start=40#p1377191
    I am so on the fence with Brianne. I like the design well enough, but it's the color combinations that bother me like crazy. Bright green hair with bright blue eyes....just, no :? Similar with her other form. Love the idea behind it, wish it was colored a bit differently.

As for me, I have to say I'm not really impressed with anyone at the moment. Design wise I still think Hit ranks top among the other universes, even with 60+ new characters being introduced. Caulifla is all right too, it's just that the loud, overly eager attitude can get a little grating sometimes.

Toppo, Dyspo and Jiren are so and so.

Lord Beerus
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:23 pm

It's a toss up between Hit, Cauifla and Roshi. Episodes that have been centered around them have had either the best character interactions or the best fights in general.

Doctor.
    Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:26 pm

It's Hit. He's the only new character in this tournament who actually feels like a character (surprising considering how shallow he was during the U6 tournament). Roshi is the character which has been treated the best, though. Maji Kayo is definitely cool, and I like the gag surrounding his name, but he's just a blue, (presumably) stronger Majin Boo. I'd say the character with the most interesting abilities so far, besides Hit and Maji Kayo, is Dercori (and she was perfectly utilized by putting her up against Roshi, it showcases his wisdom and the fight didn't treat her as eye-candy simply because she's a woman fighting Roshi). I love a lot of the universe 9 designs and abilities and it's a shame their gimmicks so utterly wasted and poorly utilized by being matched up with Goku and Vegeta.
    Lord Beerus wrote:Caulifla
    You should do stand-up comedy.

FortuneSSJ
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:59 pm

Talking about the new ones only it's easily Caulifla, Toppo, Ribrianne and Kale (after episode 101).
    Talking about U7 team my favourites so far are Goku, Vegeta, C17 and Krillin.
    A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Torturephile
    Regular

Post by Torturephile » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:07 pm

-Frost due to his schemes and shadiness.
    -Roshi, no explanation needed.
    -Hit, having one of the best fights and episodes in the tournament thus far. Dyspo takes it as well for the same reasons.
    -Obuni for not being a jackass and having a family.
    -Maji-Kayo for being a sadist and having interesting abilities.
    -Android 17, his progress as a fighter is magnificent, Toriyama handjob aside.
    From Super episode 113 thread:
    MaskedRider wrote:
    Torturephile wrote:
    hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
    namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
    The fandom in a nutshell.
    The duality of man.

MajinMan
    Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:25 pm

1. Muten Roshi - He has had so many great moments in this tournament. This was exactly what I was hoping for when they announced he was in the tournament. The way he got eliminated was also fantastic. I'd never thought I'd see the day Vegeta and Roshi had an episode focused around the two of them working together. Just brilliant. And people though Goten and Trunks would be better picks.

2. Dyspo - I like Dyspo's ability. The fact that he could actually land blows on someone like Hit was cool to see. He might be my favorite Pride Trooper as of right now.

3. Hit - Always staying cool, even when he's getting his ass kicked. Nothing left to say.

4. #17 - So far he seems virtually unstoppable. He's had many great moments like the one in episode 102 when he took out the two magical girls, and the one where he was playing along with Ribrianne. He's been a really fun character.

5. Ribrianne and her gang - The episode they were the focus in was hilarious.

6. Frost - I would rank Frost higher, but I need him to do a little more. Maybe after next episode he will go up a spot or two.

I can't rank the rest as there is too many people to choose from.
    Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Lord Beerus
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Doctor. wrote:
    Lord Beerus wrote:Caulifla
    You should do stand-up comedy.
    What have you got against Caulifla? I find her immensely entertaining and one of the best characters of modern Dragon Ball.

Li'l Lemmy
    I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:33 pm

MajinMan wrote:1. Muten Roshi - He has had so many great moments in this tournament. This was exactly what I was hoping for when they announced he was in the tournament. The way he got eliminated was also fantastic. I'd never thought I'd see the day Vegeta and Roshi had an episode focused around the two of them working together. Just brilliant. And people though Goten and Trunks would be better picks.
    I still maintain that they would have been. In my opinion, mind you. Roshi's day is supposed to be done; bringing him along made no sense. I get that it was Toriyama's decision, and while I wouldn't necessarily question his creativity, this just reeks of wank.
    Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
    The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Whatever
    Regular

Post by Whatever » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:03 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
    MajinMan wrote:1. Muten Roshi - He has had so many great moments in this tournament. This was exactly what I was hoping for when they announced he was in the tournament. The way he got eliminated was also fantastic. I'd never thought I'd see the day Vegeta and Roshi had an episode focused around the two of them working together. Just brilliant. And people though Goten and Trunks would be better picks.
    I still maintain that they would have been. In my opinion, mind you. Roshi's day is supposed to be done; bringing him along made no sense. I get that it was Toriyama's decision, and while I wouldn't necessarily question his creativity, this just reeks of wank.
    Please do tell what exactly could they offer more than him(unless your reasoning is favouritism),at the best you could make a case for Tien but thats because they handled him so badly,not like the character himself did not have more to offer.
    And if we are being honest Goten and Trunks had no reason to be there outside of being Vegeta and Goku's son.

Li'l Lemmy
    I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:15 pm

Whatever wrote:
    Li'l Lemmy wrote:
    Please do tell what exactly could they offer more than him(unless your reasoning is favouritism),at the best you could make a case for Tien but thats because they handled him so badly,not like the character himself did not have more to offer.
    And if we are being honest Goten and Trunks had no reason to be there outside of being Vegeta and Goku's son.
    My reasoning is certainly at least somewhat biased. Regardless, I think that characters who still have immeasurable potential for growth should take precedence for development they sorely need over a character who called himself done many years ago after he had reached his limit and his arc was concluded.

Goku's reasoning for leaving the boys at home is that they are inexperienced. How do you get experience by not being given the opportunity?

Don't get me wrong. I certainly have some bias. This whole thing has always been a sticking point with me.
    Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
    The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.