"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:19 am

Message from Akira Toriyama!

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:19 am

Tenshinhan Teaser: https://youtu.be/NprLkYDIJ_k
Yamcha Teaser: https://youtu.be/kGnzeLt5dPk
Scene from Story mode: https://youtu.be/8vC98WKMjjE
It seems #21 is not evil. I understand Japanese a little. She's calm, caring and honest.

cringey

Post by cringey » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:29 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Somewhere is explanation, why Guilty Gear Xrd has no alternative costumes. DB Fighter Z use the same engine. So, the reason is same.
I'm to lazy to search. Anyway:
from reddit discussion of this question wrote:They did a gdc talk about the work required for one character being modeled and lit on YouTube about 3 or 4 years ago. Look it up. The time consuming part is the custom lighting for each animation frame to make it look 2d, not 3d. If ty did standard lighting like two men, it would be easy, but they don't do that. This is also why we only get about 5 or 6 characters added per revision, instead of having all the old cast by now, because it takes so long for each character.
In other words, each costume requires a ton of work, that can be spent for making new character instead.
You said that is hard for their engine, but it's not.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:43 am

Sorry, my English and Japanese are not good. So, some things can be lost in translation and maybe somehere I was mistaken, but:
Krillin: #18, are you OK?
#21: Probably, it seems she just lost her conciousness. Without help of a doctor, I can't say any details.
Krillin: Is… that… so? Thanks for covering #18.
#21: No, thanks to you for help. You both are very strong. Unbelievable, under influence of destructive wave, able to demonstrate power to that extent.
Krillin: Destructive wave?
Goku: Do you know something?
#21: Ah… how to say…
Krillin: If you know something about what was happen to #18, please tell us. We said her to not go out from Kame House.
#21: I understood. Actually, I'm a scientist from Red Ribbon Army.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:39 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Sorry, my English and Japanese are not good. So, some things can be lost in translation and maybe somehere I was mistaken, but:
Krillin: #18, are you OK?
#21: Probably, it seems she just lost her conciousness. Without help of a doctor, I can't say any details.
Krillin: Is… that… so? Thanks for covering #18.
#21: No, thanks to you for help. You both are very strong. Unbelievable, under influence of destructive wave, able to demonstrate power to that extent.
Krillin: Destructive wave?
Goku: Do you know something?
#21: Ah… how to say…
Krillin: If you know something about what was happen to #18, please tell us. We said her to not go out from Kame House.
#21: I understood. Actually, I'm a scientist from Red Ribbon Army.
Dude/Dudette, no need to apologize. Thanks for doing this!

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:41 am

Olympian wrote:Thanks to the shots available I went back and watched the anime Yamcha x Tenshinhan fight (still the best of the whole show IMO)
I consider the Tien/Jackie Chan match to be the best in the series, myself.

TheDBZmaster100
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDBZmaster100 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:28 am

Yamcha' is a beast.

Characters that I am looking forward to...

Dabura
Muten Roshi
Nappa
Super Buu
Gotenks
Janemba
Hit
Beerus
Captain Ginyu

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:42 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Scene from Story mode: https://youtu.be/8vC98WKMjjE
What the actual fuck is going on with Goku's hair

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:11 am

WittyUsername wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:The concept seems like it has a lot of potential though. It's something that the franchise hasn't really done before, which is certainly a step up from something like Ressurection F.
Uh, what? What hasn't been done before?

Evil/clone versions of our main characters? Been there, done that.
Evil genius scientist? Been there, done that.
Asspulled new villain with connections to a past arc? Been there, done that.
Bringing back an old popular character for the sake of nostalgia? Been there, done that.
We've had an evil version of Goku, but not an entire android army of evil versions of the Z-fighters. That was what I was referring to.
Funnily enough, we just had evil versions of characters in Xenoverse 2 and now evil android versions. Hey, I loved Time Breaker Yamcha so I might as well.

Speaking about the teasers hollllly fvck! I call dibs on avatar galore!
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:17 am

TheDBZmaster100 wrote:Image

Yamcha' is a beast
A thing of beauty. Can I request the first gif for avatar size? I`m thinking the two together would be too long a scene and heavy.

Thoughs after watching the two teasers:

That desert arena is the one from the Saiyan arc or Yamcha`s introduction?

Tenshinhan doing the Crane School pose and then presenting Chiatzu for the audience :D

Now I`m wondering if Kiai will be in after all. Then again, none are a gameplay preview, just a presentation one. Cool note: they both show up in the sort of stage of their introduction arc in the Manga.

Yamcha breakdance jump :D oh, it`s gonna be nice in online play.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:13 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
Olympian wrote:Thanks to the shots available I went back and watched the anime Yamcha x Tenshinhan fight (still the best of the whole show IMO)
I consider the Tien/Jackie Chan match to be the best in the series, myself.
Another of my favorites. I think the actual last fight I really enjoyed was Ubb and Goku at the Tournament and mostly for Ubb.

Well, talk about a dream wish for the game. Between him, Roshi, Arale, Hit and Beerus I would be equally satisfied.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:21 am

Doctor. wrote:
That's what happens when you look at it in 3-D from weird angles :P
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:28 am

Doctor. wrote:
It is a living, sentient organism coming from the planet Wildhairah.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:34 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
I actually like how it looks,even if it's a little unusual. Nice round crown of hair instead of on add placement of black spikes. In the anime, the larger spikes on the right side of his head appear to switch over to the left side when he is facing that way, but that actually doesn't make sense :lol:

Man, his hair must've been a nightmare for the 3D animators that did the first Dragon Ball game.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:41 am

Michsi wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: What the actual fuck is going on with Goku's hair
I actually like how it looks,even if it's a little unusual. Nice round crown of hair instead of on add placement of black spikes. In the anime, the larger spikes on the right side of his head appear to switch over to the left side when he is facing that way, but that actually doesn't make sense :lol:

Man, his hair must've been a nightmare for the 3D animators that did the first Dragon Ball game.
Yeah, Goku's hair in animation basically works like Mickey Mouse's ears but in actuality, the big spikes should always be on his right side in a 3-D space.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:03 am

They confirmed that the SSBs will be separate slots in the Q&A; won't be restricted from being on the same team with their SSJ counterparts.

They also said "many, many more" characters will be in the game, if you want to read into translated marketing hype.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:27 am

Simere wrote:They confirmed that the SSBs will be separate slots in the Q&A; won't be restricted from being on the same team with their SSJ counterparts.
OK. But it's a stupid decision, IMHO =_=
Also, it debunks the leak about Towa.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:31 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote: More Nakkiel: https://youtu.be/FqwWITpxjsA
Those alternate outfits for C18/17 are so much better than the canon ones, especially C18. I like to see women with black jackets.
Ranmaru Rei wrote: Yamcha Teaser: https://youtu.be/kGnzeLt5dPk
That intro is fire and the soundtrack is great too!! I'm glad for the treatment they are giving to Yamcha. I also like how the mixed DBS Yamcha look with his DBZ gi. Something that by some reason new Dragon Ball refuses to gives us.
Ranmaru Rei wrote:Tenshinhan Teaser: https://youtu.be/NprLkYDIJ_k
I need to see more of him, because so far his moveset is disappointing. The obvious techniques are confirmed but I would like him to have Taiyoken, Shiyoken, and Multi-Form Technique. So far the best thing about him is having Chaozu as assist.
Grimlock wrote:Message from Akira Toriyama!

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Toriyama sure is active lately when it comes to DB. Can't even be compared to decade after the manga ended and before BOG Movie debut. It feels awesome to have him back!
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:34 am

Android #21 scene with official English translation. I was quite close: https://youtu.be/Ap_8BpfICZw
Last edited by Ranmaru Rei on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:37 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:
Simere wrote:They confirmed that the SSBs will be separate slots in the Q&A; won't be restricted from being on the same team with their SSJ counterparts.
OK. But it's a stupid decision, IMHO =_=
Also, it debunks the leak about Towa.
Yeah I don`t like it either. Transformations are slot waste IMHO, you already have the default character, pick it from there.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not