Frieza's Chosen Golden Form

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

caiojoorge

Frieza's Chosen Golden Form

Post by caiojoorge » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:15 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, at least at the brazilian RoF dub, Frieza says that he trained very hard and achieved a new transformation. But he says these exactly words in portuguese: "I chose the golden color to become easier for you to understand"
Obviously referring to SSJ.
The questions that I have are:

1 - Do the original text or dub say the same thing? Or do any language say the same thing?

2 - Is Frieza able to choose how he is going to transform, be the color, be the shape?

Taingo

Re: Frieza's Chosen Golden Form

Post by Taingo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:59 pm

I was hoping someone would answer this question, I think it's a pretty interesting idea. Even if it's not outright stated in the original translation, I'd like to believe he'd be able to choose how his next transformation would look, and uses the golden form to sort of mock the Super Saiyans. It's better than him, and EVERYONE ELSE, just conveniently changing colors to get stronger.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:06 pm

I don't have the exact dialog in front of me at the moment, but Freeza says he made it gold so it's "easy to understand", and that it's a "tacky" name, but it's "Golden Freeza". The underlying implication here is that he chose the color to some degree (we don't get the "how" behind this), he specifically chose gold because it's a clear visual indication of new power the same way Super Saiyan is, and he's somewhat mocking them by even going so far as to call it all kinda tacky.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:44 am

VegettoEX wrote:I don't have the exact dialog in front of me at the moment, but Freeza says he made it gold so it's "easy to understand", and that it's a "tacky" name, but it's "Golden Freeza". The underlying implication here is that he chose the color to some degree (we don't get the "how" behind this), he specifically chose gold because it's a clear visual indication of new power the same way Super Saiyan is, and he's somewhat mocking them by even going so far as to call it all kinda tacky.
Yeah