Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by TVfan721 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Why is the music in the Malaysian dub so distorted and messed up?

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:40 pm

TVfan721 wrote:Why is the music in the Malaysian dub so distorted and messed up?
Don't know why. Maybe because of the VHS?
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Can someone confirm whether or not Funi looped longer screams in the old dub like the SSJ3 transformation.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:49 pm

TVfan721 wrote:Why is the music in the Malaysian dub so distorted and messed up?
The dubbing company probably got a crappy M&E track.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:25 am

Working on a AMV for Super and I get so lazy when I remember how many episodes I got to find that are RAW, wait to finish to download, go through and cut scenes and import :crazy:

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:19 pm

I've noticed something different in both the Japanese and English versions of Episode 168. In the Japanese version, when Piccolo tells Vegeta that he can only stay two days inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, Vegeta turns around and asks Mr. Popo what will happen if he stays longer than 48 hours. However, instead of saying that in the English version, he says: "That's ridiculous! How gullible do you think I am?!". This question is clearly intended for Piccolo to ask and not Mr. Popo. It looks like the American scriptwriters didn't realize that Vegeta was looking at Mr. Popo.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Made this to explain to myself how things work in Future Trunks arc. I know some things look weird like why is Beerus destroying Zamasu in the middle of RoF but that's just there because of space to doodle n stuff. This isn't having every event included and just a simple thing to help me

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

When listening to Geekdom and another video explain it, it sounded complicated but in reality its not at all once I thought about it to myself. Actually its really easy. Time ring allows him to travel to only the future and present, Black is from the present channel and travels to the Future channel which is how he knows about Saiyans in the beginning.

Other things taking into consideration I'm just saying fuck it its a cartoon.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Didn't find Episode 22 in "Episode Archives Discussion", but do anyone knows if either Hideyuki Hori (Z) or Katsuyuki Konishi (Kai) came back to voice Ginyu in the said episode?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:31 pm

Noah wrote:Didn't find Episode 22 in "Episode Archives Discussion", but do anyone knows if either Hideyuki Hori (Z) or Katsuyuki Konishi (Kai) came back to voice Ginyu in the said episode?
According to Anime News Network and JP Wikipedia, it's Konishi.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:23 pm

Sometimes I let others opinions effect my enjoyment, especially when it comes to anime. I don't understand why it bothers me so much but it does, even when it's just things I read on the internet written by people who I'll never meet and who are likely trolls. :x :x :x

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:01 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:Sometimes I let others opinions effect my enjoyment, especially when it comes to anime. I don't understand why it bothers me so much but it does, even when it's just things I read on the internet written by people who I'll never meet and who are likely trolls. :x :x :x
It would bother me too but just remember that at the end of the day its more power to you when you enjoy something

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:00 pm

PelicanDynasty wrote:
DragonBallKing wrote:Being someone that's watched lot's of anime ever since being introduced to Dragon Ball/Z roughly 12 years ago, I keep forgetting that many people in real life and on this site are just "Dragon Ball fans" and not necessarily "anime fans".
Yeah this is me. Have tried some other series but really can't get into them. I would like to give some of the shorter series a try at some point though.
I also keep forgetting that DBZ along with Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh have traveled outside of the anime niche(Bleach,Naruto,One Piece) and become part of mainstream culture. It's kind of like they are viewed more as cartoons than they are anime by the millions of casual fans.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:31 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:Being someone that's watched lot's of anime ever since being introduced to Dragon Ball/Z roughly 12 years ago, I keep forgetting that many people in real life and on this site are just "Dragon Ball fans" and not necessarily "anime fans".
I'm a Dragon Ball fan but my primary means of enjoying it is the manga, which I prefer because I'm a big comic book fan but despite my love of Dragon Ball I'm not really a manga fan. If that makes any sense. :wtf:

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:10 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Who else thinks Chris Ayres would do a good Joker?
Anyone but Mark Hamill would be good at this point, I'm so sick of him and Conroy.
Yeah, have to agree with you on this one. I know that there are people who want Conroy, Hamill, Josh Keaton, Susan Eisenberg, George Newbern and many others to reprise their roles until they eventually pass away, but those people aren't the only good actors for the respective comic book characters they play and besides, they don't own the roles.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:31 pm

Is it out of character, in context to Piccolo's Majin Boo to Super's characterization, to say in monologue, "Hey watch the hair do, bald is beautiful."

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:42 am

DragonBallKing wrote:Sometimes I let others opinions effect my enjoyment, especially when it comes to anime. I don't understand why it bothers me so much but it does, even when it's just things I read on the internet written by people who I'll never meet and who are likely trolls. :x :x :x
I'd advise you to ignore those opinions.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:33 am

So what if 90's FUNimation decided to TL Kamehameha? We would probably get something lame like "Blue Wave Attack"... :lol:

I do think "Spirit Bomb" is the best TL they came up with, "Solar Flare" and "Destructo Disc" are ayt & the rest are eh.

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:30 am

If you're wanting a good long-running series, try JoJo.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:59 am

Sailor Haumea wrote:If you're wanting a good long-running series, try JoJo.

JoJo is an amazing series.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:31 am

Freeza kills Bardock and by extension Gine with the destruction of Vegeta and Piccolo kills Goku and Raditz at the same time. Goku's enemy / former killed his family.

There was a time being where the Saiyan Goku (I don't know what to call it) clan / family was wiped from existence until Goku was brought back with the dragon balls

Piccolo killed Gohan's father and uncle at the same time in front of him. I don't know why but this making me stay up at night