How did you decide/get your avatar?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: How did you decide/get your avatar?

Post by MainJPW » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:31 am

Because Egglette needs to become canon.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:30 pm

I was thinking of making a Vegeta avatar, but I was looking through my GIFs, and I always liked Ginrai (from Transformers - Super God Masterforce) and his transformation into Super Ginrai was always cool to me, so I'm using this for a while. Sometime I'll go back to a Dragon Ball one.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:27 am

My Avatar was an Easy choice after Dragon Ball Super Episodes 91, 102 & 103!

Brianne de Chateau/Ribrianne is My New Favorite in All of Dragon Balls Mythos, I have been Waiting for Magical Girls in Dragon Ball since the late 1990's. BUT Brianne's Theme, Look and Starting Character Development Blew Me out of the Water, I am Simple Love Everything about This Character! :D

Most of All, Brianne de Chateau Single Handedly Save Dragon Ball Super for me and made me interested in it again, I would not BE here if not for her, so I Owe her Character so much for that Alone! :clap:

Brianne Represents so Much of Many of the Fandoms both in Dragon Ball and other Areas of My Fandoms such Comics and other Animes like Sailor Moon and Magical Girls in General as well!

Indeed The IDEAL Character for ME, Indeed I am Very Happy with Brianne! :D :thumbup:

--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:01 am

Episode 107 gave me a reason to change my avatar, Frost is a badass, I absolutely love his design, and i've been waiting for a good shot of him for quite a long time, the last episode had plenty of them.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Premo is a top 3 producer, next to Pete Rock and Dre, and I just love me some Gang Starr.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:00 pm

I went ahead and made this image of Vegeta my avatar like I planned. It's my favorite shot of Vegeta, and I've seen some vertical avatars, so I went ahead and switched to this.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:48 am

^ Really need to start using DB avatars, epsicslly because I'm rereading it. But for now Snoop, cause I love Snoop, espically 1992/93 Snoop. One of my favorite flows ever.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Finally decided to use an Ochaco avatar as I'm a big fan of the character.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:54 pm

Drew a new limit break Goku specifically for my avatar here. It's been six-ish weeks since I last changed it and upset-ssjg-Goku isn't really that appropriate anymore since rl is tentatively beginning to improve. Yay. :D
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:04 pm

I don't know, it just seemed fitting. It was as if I had just discovered I was a part of the Matrix, and it was my job to find my way out of the program.
El Conejo Malo

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:48 pm

I change my avatar to Christopher Lee's Dracula from the Hammer films because it's October and Halloween will be here soon.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:43 am

This is probably my favorite Toriyama drawing.

(Chobit by the bird and juice cans, for posterity.)

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:45 pm

Working on a Dragon Ball RPG and... saw the new episode so... yup :p
here's a larger image since I can't use it's actual size :(
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:17 pm

I am sure most people will have Goku's new form so I will stick to my SSGSS one's for now, and this badass transformation scene!

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:15 am

Danganronpa was my first exposure to visual novel story telling and I fell in love with it. It's one of my favorite franchises of all time combined with great characters, amazing story telling, music, plot twist, etc. That and I just love megumi ogata who voices my boy naegi.
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:44 am

Sonic #175 is a massive turning point for the comic series. It was one of the first times the then-newcomer Ian Flynn went all-out in writing a big, insane thread of linked issues. The first ten or so issues he did were basically just cleaning up the absolute mess that Ken Penders left of the thing, but the whole arc started with big changes that weren't just focused on making the comic like the games. Bunnie and Antoine got married, Shadow learned his purpose as a protector, and...Eggman unleashed his massive, unrelenting war on all of existence. That's where #175 hit. In the aftermath of the wedding, Ivo and Snively invade the village, and decimate everything and everyone. No more castle, no more Chuck's Chilidogs, no more secret underground base. Everyone is warped away to have their life energy used to power machines, and Sonic fights Robotnik's most powerful mech yet. It's armor the thickest, it's wrecking ball the heaviest, and Sonic is forced to fight all out. He's getting angrier, he's getting frustrated and annoyed, the Eggman actually gets to Sonic and throws him off. Then, as Sonic is starting to run low on energy, Ol' Ivo Robotnik pulls the one phrase that sets him off. "We've reached your limit". Sonic fucking explodes. He runs from the west coast in half a second, charges up the fastest peel-out in the franchise, pulls the best meme face Yardley has ever drawn (my avi), and launches himself at the Doctor with a force never to be seen again in the series.

...and it does nothing. Sonic loses this fight. He's utterly, genuinely defeated...for one issue, but the impact this scene had and the whole month between that issue and the next provoked tons and tons of questions in me. In the context of the comic itself, it lead to a lot more realistic unhappiness and negativity from the once-indomitable spirit of Sonic the hedgehog, and the resulting defeat started to push Eggman over the line mentally until #200 where the man completely breaks down into a crying, delusional mess of a human that can't even speak in full sentences (again...temporarily).

TL;DR: I really like Sonic comics and used a vibrating meme face for my avatar and you should all read the Sonic comics here and here are the parts I talked about

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:56 pm

I chose this one because this scene is special to me. It's the first time I listened to Kai and instead of judging it, I saw it for what it was: A great dub. This led me to give it an actual chance, and now I love it way more than the old dub. It also made me open minded towards the Japanese version which I now prefer over any version and actually just got my tracking number for the Dragon Boxes which are on the way! Oct 12 and I'll be one happy fan

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:55 pm

I'm Shu. My first favourite character in Dragon Ball and one who's part of a comedic trio maligned by everyone but me.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:02 pm

I add a new Christopher Lee's Dracula avatar because my old one was not working.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:54 pm

I just took a picture of my Xenoverse 2 Main Character (Xaroc) on the destroyed West City Stage in Year ??? where you battle Final Form Miira in the Story Mode.
Since he's supposed to represent me from an somewhat bad future (but not like Future Trunks' Time Line) I just thought it would be fitting, especially because this is a Dragonball Forum.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019