Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:22 am

So.. uhm... I don't know if anyone here did this but, on the Dragon Ball Wiki, Quimbé is listed as the Portuguese voice of Zamas(u). Now, I'm taking this with a HUGE grain of salt since the Dragon Ball Wiki is filled with wrong info and anyone could just put that there, but if true I don't know how to feel about this... at least it's not Gabriel... but it's not Romeu Vala... if it ends up being Quimbé I need to see it before judging it, at least Quimbé can scream so I'm sure he's "SON GOKU!!!" scream is great if he's really our Zamas(u). Still hoping it's Romeu though.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:33 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:So.. uhm... I don't know if anyone here did this but, on the Dragon Ball Wiki, Quimbé is listed as the Portuguese voice of Zamas(u). Now, I'm taking this with a HUGE grain of salt since the Dragon Ball Wiki is filled with wrong info and anyone could just put that there, but if true I don't know how to feel about this... at least it's not Gabriel... but it's not Romeu Vala... if it ends up being Quimbé I need to see it before judging it, at least Quimbé can scream so I'm sure he's "SON GOKU!!!" scream is great if he's really our Zamas(u). Still hoping it's Romeu though.
If that's true, then that means Daishinkan is...oh no.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:43 pm

Tian wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:So.. uhm... I don't know if anyone here did this but, on the Dragon Ball Wiki, Quimbé is listed as the Portuguese voice of Zamas(u). Now, I'm taking this with a HUGE grain of salt since the Dragon Ball Wiki is filled with wrong info and anyone could just put that there, but if true I don't know how to feel about this... at least it's not Gabriel... but it's not Romeu Vala... if it ends up being Quimbé I need to see it before judging it, at least Quimbé can scream so I'm sure he's "SON GOKU!!!" scream is great if he's really our Zamas(u). Still hoping it's Romeu though.
If that's true, then that means Daishinkan is...oh no.
I don't know... If Quimbé is Zamas(u) the Romeu could be the Daishinkan.

EDIT: I have a feeling that if Gabriel got a major role he would've already announced it and would be always posting about him going to the studio doing he's character.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:49 pm

How this hasn't even gotten a single DVD release in our country is beyond me...

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:23 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:How this hasn't even gotten a single DVD release in our country is beyond me...
To be fair Toei Europe hasn't been pushing for a mass DBS physical release. The only country that has a DVD release of Super in Europe is Spain and that's because they've got Selectá Vision.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:29 pm

Oh boy...I really dislike Quimbé for a few years now but after seeing his amazing work in Haikyuu I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but he doesn't fit Zamasu in my opinion.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:10 pm

Looks like Super is ending in March and assuming SIC knew about this, I can see some logic in this delay. Even though I still don't agree that make your audience wait almost one year for new episodes in this era, where almost everyone has internet, is a smart move.

I'm trying to find some logic here but my guess is that DBS was indeed to return in September/October last year, but SIC was informed that the show would end soon so they decided to delay it, get all the episodes and air everything in a row.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:14 pm

You are probably giving them WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much credit.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:35 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Looks like Super is ending in March and assuming SIC knew about this, I can see some logic in this delay. Even though I still don't agree that make your audience wait almost one year for new episodes in this era, where almost everyone has internet, is a smart move.

I'm trying to find some logic here but my guess is that DBS was indeed to return in September/October last year, but SIC was informed that the show would end soon so they decided to delay it, get all the episodes and air everything in a row.
It could be that. It would also explain why Brazil and Lat America suddenly stopped airing episodes when it was already announced that they had more than 67 episodes. BUT I doubt it, it's probably just a big coincidence.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:57 am

Guys, It's finally BACK!

Don't know if SIC was wainting for the announcement of Super's ending or what but I sent an email to SIC asking them when DBS was coming back they confirmed that February 3 is the date.
Only two more weeks!!! Only two more weeks until we hear our Zamas(u) and see if they can pronounce the name right. Please be good... PLEASE BE GOOD!!!

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:02 am

Amazing!
Now I wonder how long will the Facebook page take to figure it out?
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:12 am

omegalucas wrote:Amazing!
I already commented about this on one of their posts so it shouldn't take too long. I mean, they're not that incompetent... right?

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:14 am

Gafonso6 wrote:
I already commented about this on one of their posts so it shouldn't take too long. I mean, they're not that incompetent... right?
Considering how strong their... love... for you is, I could see them thinking you are trolling.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:22 am

omegalucas wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
Considering how strong their... love... for you is, I could see them thinking you are trolling.
It's only Gabriel who has a special kind of "love" for me. The most active admin doesn't have any problems with me and I even put the same printscreen I put here there so I couldn't see how that could happen. I just hope the first episode of the year is great, I don't want to star criticizing that much from the beggining.
I want to let the blind fanboys keep their turf for a little bit longer :twisted:

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:Guys, It's finally BACK!

Don't know if SIC was wainting for the announcement of Super's ending or what but I sent an email to SIC asking them when DBS was coming back they confirmed that February 3 is the date.
Only two more weeks!!! Only two more weeks until we hear our Zamas(u) and see if they can pronounce the name right. Please be good... PLEASE BE GOOD!!!
I was so happy this morning when I found out, and now Gabriel just appeared on the page and de-confirmed it :( Damn, I really hope the guy's just misinformed

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:24 pm

diogoarez wrote:

I was so happy this morning when I found out, and now Gabriel just appeared on the page and de-confirmed it :( Damn, I really hope the guy's just misinformed
It wouldn't surprise me if Gabriel did it because of the feud between him and Gafonso.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:26 pm

I asked SIC now, and they stand by the 3rd of February.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:36 pm

Gabriel is so full of shit. He claims knowing stuff that he knows nothing about. I'll laugh out loud when he comes out and confirms the date.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:08 pm

Tian wrote:
diogoarez wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if Gabriel did it because of the feud between him and Gafonso.
I wouldn't doubt it at this point, the guy likes to make stuff up

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:16 pm

diogoarez wrote:
Tian wrote:
diogoarez wrote: I was so happy this morning when I found out, and now Gabriel just appeared on the page and de-confirmed it :( Damn, I really hope the guy's just misinformed
I wouldn't doubt it at this point, the guy likes to make stuff up
Oh you can doubt it alright. SIC is clearly going with the February 3 date. I sent another email to really confirm it omegalucas also sent one. Gabriel just didn't know this and is just talking out of his ass.

Honestly I think Loy wasn't in his bubble when Super started airing, I think he was in Gabriel's bubble but he got out on time and now Gabriel is all alone in that stupid bubble and he doesn't like that, not one bit.
I can't wait to hear our Zamas(u) since it clearly isn't Gabriel and I can't wait for the cast to grow since episode 104 is the last episode from the last batches SIC got.