"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Wukong » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:09 pm

Is Fu confirmed a villain? It looks like he's just messing around or having fun with out CaC in the corner.

Can someone translate that bit?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:29 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:Is Fu confirmed a villain? It looks like he's just messing around or having fun with out CaC in the corner.

Herms says he's studying the energy created when time is altered. I bet the 'twist' is that he's a villain all along.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:55 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:Is Fu confirmed a villain? It looks like he's just messing around or having fun with out CaC in the corner.

If you pay attention to the last 2 DLC packs with story missions, you notice how there's no reason for anything to be happening like it is. I think they've either been setting up for 3, or this later DLC installment. I mean, if HE'S not the next villain, I don't know who'd be.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:16 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:

Herms says he's studying the energy created when time is altered. I bet the 'twist' is that he's a villain all along.
Prediction:
Fuu arrives at the Time Nest, saying he's simply trying to become a Time Patroler, an excuse to study this energy. And due to circumstances, your Avatar has to be his mentor/babysitter while he 'trains'. Wacky highjinks ensue.
Scsigs wrote:

If you pay attention to the last 2 DLC packs with story missions, you notice how there's no reason for anything to be happening like it is. I think they've either been setting up for 3, or this later DLC installment. I mean, if HE'S not the next villain, I don't know who'd be.
To be fair, we know that when DLC 4 was being made this DLC wasn't in mind as they only made the two extra DLCs due to how well Xenoverse on Switch and the previous DLCs were selling.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:24 am

I'll just put Grimlock's unfortunately deleted post in this quote.
At the end of Universe 6 saga, Trunks says that the alterations were made by someone and then the first scan showing Fu teases he could be the one who changed events in the past two sagas.

Probably they didn't have all the story set in mind, but Fu they certainly did since February 2017.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Also, this is way off topic, but this was also in V-Jump: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

THis a new game? Didn't see a thread for it
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:36 pm

Kanassa wrote:Also, this is way off topic, but this was also in V-Jump: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

THis a new game? Didn't see a thread for it
It's a free to play browser game for PC. I made a thread for it.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:27 pm

This may seem silly, but anyone else out there hoping we get Toppo's Justice Dab as an emote with the free update? :lol:

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:53 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:This may seem silly, but anyone else out there hoping we get Toppo's Justice Dab as an emote with the free update? :lol:

I want Toppo in game period

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Toppo and Great Saiyaman really need to hang out and do poses together as they fight the forces of evil.

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:25 pm

Any translations from the corner piece of that scan yet? Besides the bikini threads, I'm assuming all the info there is stuff that was announced already - but still, it'd be great to be sure.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:54 pm

Lunaar wrote:Any translations from the corner piece of that scan yet? Besides the bikini threads, I'm assuming all the info there is stuff that was announced already - but still, it'd be great to be sure.
Here it is, courtesy of ShonenGamez:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:07 pm

New event coming. Where do they explain the rewards and such for these anyway?

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:40 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Lunaar wrote:Any translations from the corner piece of that scan yet? Besides the bikini threads, I'm assuming all the info there is stuff that was announced already - but still, it'd be great to be sure.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Thanks!

...they're just for Videl and 18? :problem: I think it's in awful taste, but... really? Just them? I'm a fan of the zenkai boost over-limit and I'm very curious about how SSB will work. Cool stuff coming to this game!
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:37 pm

Lunaar wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Thanks!

...they're just for Videl and 18? :problem: I think it's in awful taste, but... really? Just them? I'm a fan of the zenkai boost over-limit and I'm very curious about how SSB will work. Cool stuff coming to this game!
It's possible other mentors could get the trendy swimsuit costume so they all can "make a splash." And at this point we don't know the extent of this new customization system so we could potentially give they any clothes our CaCs can wear

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:50 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:New event coming. Where do they explain the rewards and such for these anyway?
The more major ones are usually on the Japanese website, but I rarely see a non-Google Translate translation, so that's your best bet for information on these events. If they would fix the news board that's been broken for months upon months, we would actually be able to read about these events in advance in the game itself.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:14 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:New event coming. Where do they explain the rewards and such for these anyway?
The more major ones are usually on the Japanese website, but I rarely see a non-Google Translate translation, so that's your best bet for information on these events. If they would fix the news board that's been broken for months upon months, we would actually be able to read about these events in advance in the game itself.
preach. their carelessness has me worried about XV3. you'd think they'd start caring more after XV1 & 2 sold over 8M copies...

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:58 pm

18 and Videl in swimsuits never seen before in the series? That's a screaming fanservice
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:11 pm

Noah wrote:18 and Videl in swimsuits never seen before in the series? That's a screaming fanservice
It would have been real fanservice if they had hired Scarz to design both Android 18 and Videl's swimwear.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:01 am

question: Will we be able to recolor all the clothing in the game or just the select few we always had with the upcoming dlc?

Would love to be able to recolor the SSJ4 fur and the various wigs in the accessory shop