Well Super did surpass the initial 100 episode order, and doubled GT's episode count at 131 eps

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Well Super did surpass the initial 100 episode order, and doubled GT's episode count at 131 eps

Post by precita » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Remember when Super first started it was planned to run 100 episodes? Well we made it to 131 episodes, so it surpassed that episode count and then some. Then remember when Super was in its first year and everyone was saying "only a little more till we surpass GT's 64 episode count" and then we hit episode 65 and everyone was happy? Well this "sequel series to DBZ" doubled the amount of episodes as GT, so we did better than last time.

131 episodes is a pretty respectable episode count for a sequel to a franchise that ended 18 years ago. Of course it feels a little less than that because the first 25ish episodes were wasted on crappy movie adaptions, but even then we still got over 100 eps of new material not rehashed.

So, I guess Super can be considered a success. It didn't bomb like GT, it revived the franchise, and we now have another 131 ep Dragonball series to rewatch in the future.

Black Hawk
Regular

Re: Well Super did surpass the initial 100 episode order, and doubled GT's episode count at 131 eps

Post by Black Hawk » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:06 pm

Once Super episode 131 finishes, I'm probably going to go back and rewatch GT again; as someone who got to watch GT's original run live as it happened, it's been so much fun to get to keep up with weekly Dragon Ball again for the first time in a couple decades.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

precita
Banned

Re: Well Super did surpass the initial 100 episode order, and doubled GT's episode count at 131 eps

Post by precita » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:29 pm

I'd watch the last 3 DBZ episodes set in EOZ before that.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:55 pm

Super may possibly stretch to episode 200 or further. Since the last couple arcs many more developments have happened with tons of new characters. Direction wise it just makes sense to reach the 200 benchmark, or the rest might feel rushed.

Edit: Haven't been keeping up much DB news... Is anything actually confirmed?
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:30 pm

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:Haven't been keeping up much DB news... Is anything actually confirmed?
Super is officially over for now most likely due to the people working on it moving to the movie but if (why wouldn't it ?) the movie is a huge hit then it'll be back in 2019.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:57 pm

sintzu wrote:
Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:Haven't been keeping up much DB news... Is anything actually confirmed?
Super is officially over for now most likely due to the people working on it moving to the movie but if (why wouldn't it ?) the movie is a huge hit then it'll be back in 2019.
I will so look forward to theater showings if this next one is even better than RoF.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:33 pm

That's what I was thinking as well. It also almost reached Dragon Ball numbers. It could surpass them if it does continue. I remember at the beginning when a rumour came out there were going to be a 100 episodes and I thought it would never get that far. :lol:
No matter what happens we had a good run.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:06 pm

I'm glad it (apparently) won't surpass original DB/s ep count or Kaified Z. Stuck in the same time period for 200 episodes? That's not Dragon Ball