Disable Non-Member Replies?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Disable Non-Member Replies?

Post by Lunaar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:43 pm

Hello, all! So lets say you're a dummy and didn't log in this morning (like me) before seeing a topic that looks juicy enough to pour some critique into. You spend an hour (like me) writing a very nice, very informative response that highlights all the points discussed, carefully rewriting for clarity and ensuring general ease of reading through paragraphs of content. Awesome! I just know everyone will love reading a wall of text! :lolno:

Except they will not get to read the wall of text. When you click the "Submit" button, the pit of your stomach contorts at the sight of the "Log In" screen appearing before you. So you log in. The reply page has now refreshed entirely, with all of your text gone.

ALRIGHT so this is absolutely my fault. I should have logged on, I should have saved drafts, I should have wrote my novel down via notepad before posting, etc etc - I understand. This was really just to paint a picture of the anguish I experienced just now. What I would like to address is the purpose of allowing the "Post Reply" button to function properly until the moment you click "Submit". Fixing this and short-cutting the link straight to the "Log In" page would eliminate a lot of heartache for those of us that are less... forward-thinking in our endeavors to contribute.

If this is not something that can be changed due to the nature of how the boards are constructed, then I am truly a sad puppy and will try to be better about my habits in the future. I merely wanted to make this known to the staff and hopefully improve the user experience, even if it's a minor issue. Thanks.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: Disable Non-Member Replies?

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:08 am

I don't understand.. When you press "post reply", it shows you the log in screen automatically if you're not logged in

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:17 am

Agreed with mute proxy. As soon as you click reply it makes you log in.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:23 am

Oh, did it not return for you when you hit the back button? It sometimes does for me.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:23 am

JulieYBM wrote:Oh, did it not return for you when you hit the back button? It sometimes does for me.
It does for me as well.

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:17 pm

After seeing your responses, I tested it out and sure enough - yeah, it does take me straight to the log in page.... which must mean that I must have timed out during the response writing... and I ruined it by not clicking "back." That is an e x t r a s p i c y bummer. :oops: Topic can be locked, then. This just ended up being a public display of my own salt.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:59 pm

It happens to me time to time even though I am logged on, just today took me 10 mins for a simple reply 'cuz I kept getting that login comment you mentioned even though I literally just logged in and clicked remember me.

Side note: Some forums I visit automatically save drafts for you, I wonder if this is something that can be implanted here would be rather useful.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:49 pm

One time I got logged out well writing a comment, so maybe that happened to you ? Also for some reason on my phone, pressing back restores the post, but on my laptop it doesn't.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:40 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:One time I got logged out well writing a comment, so maybe that happened to you ? Also for some reason on my phone, pressing back restores the post, but on my laptop it doesn't.
It is the exact opposite for me, ha. When I ever I go back on my laptop the post is intact but whenever I do on my phone it is gone.

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:20 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:One time I got logged out well writing a comment, so maybe that happened to you ? Also for some reason on my phone, pressing back restores the post, but on my laptop it doesn't.
It is the exact opposite for me, ha. When I ever I go back on my laptop the post is intact but whenever I do on my phone it is gone.
Interesting. I was on a desktop PC when it happened.
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★