Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by cuartas » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:31 pm

A ridiculously rough edit, but man, that shot made me cringe so much:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by cuartas on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:45 pm

-Episode 129-

The reuse of animation in the final battle is disappointing but I loved the storyboard, because it gave the scale the final battle has to have.
The writing was awesome too. This is how you make Vegeta interesting. I loved how he shut up Belmod and talked about how the Saiyans grew up in this Tournament.

Two episodes left and this show clearly needs a break.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:50 pm

cuartas wrote:A ridiculously rough edit, but man, that shot made me cringe so much:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Don't know why you're freaking about these, we've seen things worse in the series
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

paulo89988

Post by paulo89988 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:23 am

wow... I liked the episode... I'm kind of hyped for the next episode, especially for Manabe. Anyway I wonder if Tate is going to supervise or if he is only doing key animation under Manabe's supervision, I was a bit confused by some shots in the NEP

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:29 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
cuartas wrote:A ridiculously rough edit, but man, that shot made me cringe so much:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Don't know why you're freaking about these, we've seen things worse in the series
The circumstances, it's a reuse of an scene in 109, but instead goku was SSB, it's the climax of the arc, any previous episode with UI in it was amazing in terms of animation and art, it's the ending of DBS and they seem to be trying to get rid of it instead of giving a proper epic ending as it should be, we didn't get this level of mediocre art since ep5, I have yet to remember any kitano shot looking this bad, c'mon, is ultra instinct goku, you can't allow him to look like that :thumbdown:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:53 am

I really need to know what episode 131 will cover because I'm not watching anything from Shida in episode 130 preview. I thought that would be a given, since it's the climax.

With a Monster like Takahashi basically confirmed for episode 131 and the narrator not saying how much time is left in episode 129, I'm starting to wonder how much action that episode will have and how they will end the show.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:18 am

What. The. Fuck.

How could the preview for 129 look so great, and then the episode itself was so horribly underwhelming? Not a single scene stood out to me in terms of animation. The special effects were really good, can't fault them there, and I for one thought the storyboarding was great.

But wow, the animation, just what the fuck man? Who thought it was acceptable to have this much reused animation for the final fight of the show? 130 doesn't give me too much excitement either as what they showed was insanely limited. Then again, the preview for 129 was hype and the episode turned out terribly mediocre, so the preview is meaningless either way.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:07 am

It's possible for the Animedia and Animage summaries to appear some time this week, right? Maybe it'll give a better idea of what's going to happen behind the scenes.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:53 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:No time update. Looks like the theories of the fight continuing into #131 could be true afterall.
That's a little worrying. If they're still going at it in 131 it'll leave very little time to wrap things up. Guess we'll know when the previews come out this week.
I think that could only mean 2 things, the show is actually taking a break instead of ending, or that episode 131 will be a 1 hour special, like some people have been predicting....

I think the first one is whats actually happening.. It will probably even end in a cliffhanger!!!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:37 am

Wow, that was quite disappointing animation wise. I honestly don't mind the fact they re-used animation from the opening, because it is actually great animation, but the way they decided to re-use it was incredibly disappointing. Shida's cut looked very bad here, and the re-uses from 109 and 116 weren't better in that regard. I am very sad to see 129, one of the last episodes of Super, being this rough.

I'm no longer very optimistic about 130, or 131 which will probably end up rushing the finale.
The NEP looks great and we have Manabe and Tate, but it doesn't look phenomenal and those bad auras and blur aren't looking too good. Maybe I had too high expectations but having suffered all this animation re-use and cutbacks to the stands, and considering the show is ending in 2 episodes, I had reasons to believe the final episodes to be spectacular.

I wish I will be back commeting on this thread with lot of positivity in 2 weeks.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:59 am

Anyone else really put off by the UI reveal shot, specifically the face? There's just something...offputting about it, I can't tell what (even beyond the stupid nose). I know it's Yammy but it looks even worse than his typical work.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:10 am

Artorias wrote:Anyone else really put off by the UI reveal shot, specifically the face? There's just something...offputting about it, I can't tell what (even beyond the stupid nose). I know it's Yammy but it looks even worse than his typical work.

Absolutely not, the reveal was one of the highlights of this underwhelming episode, and mostly people agree on this from what I've been seeing. It's fine.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:58 am

DainIronfoot wrote:
Artorias wrote:Anyone else really put off by the UI reveal shot, specifically the face? There's just something...offputting about it, I can't tell what (even beyond the stupid nose). I know it's Yammy but it looks even worse than his typical work.

Absolutely not, the reveal was one of the highlights of this underwhelming episode, and mostly people agree on this from what I've been seeing. It's fine.
Uhh...no they do not. Speak for yourself. I've seen several people mocking that nose and face since it was revealed. Are you also not aware of the mass disappointment that they changed that shot from Nii to Yammy? That reveal shot has been literally the exact opposite of a "highlight", at least in terms of visuals.

Rabdom User

Post by Rabdom User » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:26 am

To say something positive,the NEP's storyboard looks amazing.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re:

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:06 am

Rabdom User wrote:To say something positive,the NEP's storyboard looks amazing.
Watched the NEP again this morning feel a lot better about it actually.

Rabdom User

Post by Rabdom User » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:17 am

Watched the NEP again this morning feel a lot better about it actually.
I really like this shot

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:26 pm

Hit!! wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:No time update. Looks like the theories of the fight continuing into #131 could be true afterall.
That's a little worrying. If they're still going at it in 131 it'll leave very little time to wrap things up. Guess we'll know when the previews come out this week.
I think that could only mean 2 things, the show is actually taking a break instead of ending, or that episode 131 will be a 1 hour special, like some people have been predicting....

I think the first one is whats actually happening.. It will probably even end in a cliffhanger!!!
I keep hearing p[eople mention a 1 hour special but i think its just wishful thinking BUT i heard that there will be no episode of One Piece on March 25. So if there was a 1 hour special, thats how it could work.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:42 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Hit!! wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: That's a little worrying. If they're still going at it in 131 it'll leave very little time to wrap things up. Guess we'll know when the previews come out this week.

I keep hearing p[eople mention a 1 hour special but i think its just wishful thinking BUT i heard that there will be no episode of One Piece on March 25. So if there was a 1 hour special, thats how it could work.
There will be a One Piece episode on the 25th
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:18 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Hit!! wrote: I think that could only mean 2 things, the show is actually taking a break instead of ending, or that episode 131 will be a 1 hour special, like some people have been predicting....

There will be a One Piece episode on the 25th
Ok, thanks for the confirmation
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:18 pm

Artorias wrote:
DainIronfoot wrote:

Uhh...no they do not. Speak for yourself. I've seen several people mocking that nose and face since it was revealed. Are you also not aware of the mass disappointment that they changed that shot from Nii to Yammy? That reveal shot has been literally the exact opposite of a "highlight", at least in terms of visuals.

Not sure why you decided to come off as rude. Anyways, uh no I'm not just speaking for myself. Number one, "several people" is not the majority and the several you describe are a few on Ajays video or the few who dislike Yamamuro on Twitter. Mass disappointment? Once again, this only applies to some who watched the breakdown video although many of us also preferred the correction for reasons such as correct anatomy, better lighting and clearer fists. If you made a poll on the big Youtubers or social media about whether or not the reveal looked good, you would get a huge positive reaction. Much more than negative.

So you can have your opinion as well, but don't go throwing around things like "mass disappointment" when it isn't. Many people enjoyed it and agree it was one of the highlights (with Karasawa being the main one for me). Some others like yourself I suppose didn't. That's fine too. Nii's was fantastic in its own way as well.