Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:21 am

SS4 SMSP:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Brush (Overseas and apparently under the DBS label):
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Anime colouring:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Two-D:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Tones:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Reservations open in Japan from 26th Apr to 6th May...

No point us stressing about it may aswell wait for the overseas Brush later in the year.

Well impressed. Gonna forget the FES and save up for this! 33cm too! Beastly! (Pun itended :P)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:07 pm

Ugh, there is so much stuff in DBS that they could be doing under that line right now and they do SSJ4...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:55 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Ugh, there is so much stuff in DBS that they could be doing under that line right now and they do SSJ4...
Surprisingly I am not that mad about this, since it has been solicited as SS4 from the start unlike the previous two which had specific DBS labelling in Japan and when the Goku turned out to be Namek Goku it was just disappointing (So Vegeta being just SS was expected). Plus this is Yamamshita's best work in years! I am actually quite excited for it. (Overseas being under the DBS brand is kinda funny, think they realise they can get away with the GT brand domestically as this is a high end figure but no chance in hell overseas given GT's rep.)

Though the following month September is scheduled to have another DBS Ichiban Kuji, still remains to be seen what figures and art will be apart of that, fingers crossed for figures of SSGSS.E/Jiren/U6 Saiyans/Anybody else new from DBS that also isn't Goku Black. There is guaranteed to be a Goku in that let's hope like the March and June IBK it's not ALL GOKU...

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:34 pm

Not mad about this at all. I have been waiting forever for a proper rendition of SSJ4 to my preference to be made. Very surprised that the ‘Master Stars Piece’ collection developed this item.

Take my money.

Also, hello everyone. Long time no see.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:41 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Ugh, there is so much stuff in DBS that they could be doing under that line right now and they do SSJ4...
Ssj4 has a great design so it should look good next to other figures. DB isn't going anywhere so chances are they'll get to who you want them to sooner or later.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:24 pm

This weeks Japan update:
DBS UDM #31 started rolling out yesterday, thankfully Bandai didn't mess with the distribution everything is evenly split so all available at the standard. UDM #31 is also number one selling on AmazonJP!

DBS VS #06 slowly started to be rolled out today, again thankfully Bandai evenly distributed them all.

UI SWSP is hovering around the 2000yen range, as expected.

Z Grandista Bardock as expected going around 1500-1700yen range, it is Z branded so should kick around that price for while I'd imagine, don't see it going up at all, last month's Z branded base Grandista Goku has gone all the way down to just above 1000yen so should be fine waiting on that.

My hunt update:
So the 1800yen S5 Raditz... was sold out and I am gonna get a refund.... SoB! Never gonna get that figure looks like it! S7 Gogeta is too much, it didn't get ordered much which makes sense as it is the GT labelling so many game centre's probably didn't wanna risk it, plus the FES one is out soon and imo looks better so gonna forget about that. S6 Special Vegeta still hunting that, wanna get it under 2000yen so far cheapest I found was 2400yen. S6 SS3 Goku again want to get it under 2000yen cheapest I found is 2100 may bite the bullet on that then, we'll see but gotta keep hunting that Raditz!

I finally decided to ship the March IBK SSR Black. Can't wait to finally get that especially since it has gone all the way up to like 12-15,000 yen! Getting for around 7000 was a steal!

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:09 pm

Dang. That sucks about what happened to the Raditz figure. Hopefully one will come up again soon. On another note, preorders have (finally) gone live on AmiAmi for August, so I preordered the Gogeta and the Transcend Art SSB Goku. AmiAmi doesn’t sell WCF in singles so I’ll have to preorder Final Form Mira from TOM. I think that’s all I really need from that month though. Also, still waiting for this Vegetto Kamehameha to arrive. There’s no tracking so I’m a bit scared something happened but I’ll just have to wait a bit longer to see

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:09 am

I just pre-ordered Final Form Mira from Otaku Mode. Little pricey on shipping but their packaging is top-rate. Happy day! :D

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:37 am

S7 Broly is arrived today, green Toei sticker first time I've had something with a green Toei sticker, however this is the last time I deal with a Chinese seller very poor packaging and the box was damaged. I won't review it as it's not DBS but will throw a couple pics up:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Will say it's pretty meh, lacks omph kinda regret getting it but given it's value I'm okay with it, definitely the best Broly figure too. I do like the hair mould especially.

Gonna just hunt the S5 Raditz and S6 Special Vegeta now and call it a day hunting older figures. Raditz will take priority.

Took my UI Goku IBK off dispaly and back in the box, (don't wanna risk anything happening to that as a couple other figures fell off and got damaged). Probably open the Rosé IBK to do a review then put it back boxed. Might also just keep the Vegetto Blue final KMH boxed too. The Premium Bandai figures I've only taken out for that review and put them back in their boxes.

Re: UDM #31

Both the Vegetto Blue and "Omen" Goku cost more together then buying the whole set of 5, which costs ¥1,999. I only want those two so meh, might forget it plus the DP sold out this morning so double meh.

To make matters worse Golden Week begins this Saturday in Japan... So no shipments... Neither my VS or UI DXF have arrived at the proxy yet... So looks like I gotta wait an extra week now to send them.

I used all my luck up last month, this month is literally going the complete opposite. :lol:... :cry:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:54 pm

June "History of Son Goku" Ichiban Kuji finalized versions.... :

Prize A:
Prize B:
Prize C:
Prize D:
LO Prize:
DC prize:
Same as A.

Open's in Japan, June 2nd.

Ratio's per store:
A 2
B 2
C 30
D 32

SSGSS version will be released overseas labelled as "SSGSS BIG SIZE".

September IBK listings going up so should hopefully find out what DB's one will be like soon!

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:59 pm

I was on the fence about getting the "BIG SIZE" SSGSS Goku, but I REALLY like the lighter color SS variant "LO Prize".

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:01 pm

DasMuse wrote:I was on the fence about getting the "BIG SIZE" SSGSS Goku, but I REALLY like the lighter color SS variant "LO Prize".
Yup... From the start they said for fans to look out for the Last One Prize version... Definitely looks great... Sadly being LO means it's gonna be hard to get especially given how small the June Ichiban Kuji is.

I ended up pre ordering SSGSS BIG SIZE via deep discount figured $32 incl shipping was worth it.
sintzu wrote:
Ssj4 has a great design so it should look good next to other figures. DB isn't going anywhere so chances are they'll get to who you want them to sooner or later.
2018 is the best year DB has EVER had when it comes to figures, quality and variety everything never been so high before. So it feels extra bummy when they're wasting stuff on older things... That said though GT has had terrible merch ever since it's debut so part of me is okay.

But ultimately who knows how long this quality output will last (before we get another 2015-17) so I'd rather we not waste time on things that have been released countless times before. It's why I am getting as much as I can this year.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:57 pm

Hopefully with the new movie they'll get on track with merch for the new content. With the excellent production of the movie they should have no problem filling the time around the film with tons of great stuff, and if the show also has a great production when it returns hopefully they'll stay on track and we don't miss great stuff for important new characters and fan favorites again.
I hope they are getting Z and such out of their systems right now.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:55 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Hopefully with the new movie they'll get on track with merch for the new content. With the excellent production of the movie they should have no problem filling the time around the film with tons of great stuff, and if the show also has a great production when it returns hopefully they'll stay on track and we don't miss great stuff for important new characters and fan favorites again.
I hope they are getting Z and such out of their systems right now.
They've been planning the movie merch for a while, well get our first idea what they have in store when December solicitations go up, which should be sometime in May.

Show's production doesn't really affect merch, the retellings should have given them 6month buffer but they did nothing with that, and on the other end for the ToP they knew about mastered UI well before even Omen made it's debut. Plus the Merch has spoiled some obscure stuff like Goku using the Kaioken with the Spirit Bomb Vs Jiren, months before special.

2016 was all practically Z, we're not that bad this year but most DBS stuff this year is either Goku or Goku Black even Vegeta is getting the short end of stick. But a lot of GT stuff is coming out under the DBS brand which is kinda disgusting tbh, the SMSP being GT branded in Japan I'm happy with but not the rest feels like a waste of the DBS branding when they could do anything else with stuff from the actual show.

Plus stuff like the female G&G figure line is now moving to DBS brand in October with Lunch.

It's very frustrating.

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:36 am

I know this has been talked about before, but I couldn't find the post.

I see people have started recieving the Super Master Stars Diorama II (Father/Son Galick Gun)... Is there a place to order the Brush II (Purple) version that isn't ebay? I want to get on that before they go up to much. Thanks.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:46 am

August Gashapon's:
No new UDM or VS...

UDM THE BEST #26:
.SS3 Goku Xeno
.SS Gogeta
.SS Gohan
.SS Destruction Prince Vegeta...Majin?
.Zen-Oh

UDM VJUMP SPECIAL #06:
(Basically another set of re-releases)
.SSGSS Vegeta
.SS Vegetto
.SS DBH Trunkgeta
.Masked Saiyan
.Freeza

DBS DBH Skills Figure #03:
.SS Goku (Runaway)...?
.Andriod 21
.SS4 Gogeta: Xeno
.SSGSS Goku
.SS4 Vegeta: Xeno
.SECRET???
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:50 am

DasMuse wrote:I know this has been talked about before, but I couldn't find the post.

I see people have started recieving the Super Master Stars Diorama II (Father/Son Galick Gun)... Is there a place to order the Brush II (Purple) version that isn't ebay? I want to get on that before they go up to much. Thanks.
Only Brush 1 will be available overseas, the rest of the colouring is exclusive to Japan, so maybe try some Japanese auction sites, just search:
一番くじ ドラゴンボール超 SUPER MASTER STARS DIORAMA Ⅱ

Brush II is currently around ¥7000.

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:04 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
DasMuse wrote:I know this has been talked about before, but I couldn't find the post.

Only Brush 1 will be available overseas, the rest of the colouring is exclusive to Japan, so maybe try some Japanese auction sites, just search:
一番くじ ドラゴンボール超 SUPER MASTER STARS DIORAMA Ⅱ

Brush II is currently around ¥7000.
Thanks. I figured the one I wanted most wouldn't be easy to get. That's usually how it goes :lol: I'm just not interested in the final flash and mufaba versions since they aren't accurate to that specific scene.

¥7000 is pretty good compared to what I'm expecting to pay, so if I can find it close to that, i'll consider it a win.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:17 pm

Deep discount opened Pre's for the SS4 SMSP:
https://www.deepdiscount.com/banpresto- ... 9996100935

Under $40...a steal!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:08 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: DBS DBH Skills Figure #03:
.SS Goku (Runaway)...?

Capsule Gi Goku had a sort of Berserker form in the new DBH cards. It's just his SS/SS2 with whited out eyes and a black-ish aura.