Japanese dubbing

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Banana
Not-So-Newbie

Japanese dubbing

Post by Banana » Fri May 04, 2018 4:36 am

I guess I got spoiled with Xenoverse 1/2 and fighter Z, since I had played those recently, but I was curious, are there any other dragon Ball games that have Japanese dubbing?

As much as I wanted to get into some older games like Super Dragon Ball Z and Budokai on PS2 I know I wouldn't be able to stand hearing the English voices so those two being english only was a dealbreaker for me.

Also curious about shin budokai another road for PSP. I played it long ago and had fun, and now I want to dig up my old copy if possible or find another one to replace it if lost.
Goku: Are you a Yoshi?
Piccolo: Yes, Goku, I'm a green ****ing dinosaur.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Japanese dubbing

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 04, 2018 6:46 am

Effectively all console games after the "Greatest Hits" re-release of Budokai 3 contain selectable English/Japanese voice tracks. I wanna say the only one that doesn't is Super Dragon Ball Z (which is English-only in America, and Japanese-only in Europe). The musical score might still be completely different (see: Sparking! vs Budokai Tenkaichi and the Blast series), but you can still choose Japanese voices.

The portable games are hit or miss, with some offering choice, some dub-only, and some JP-only.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::