Dragon Ball: FighterZ Season 2 DLC Wishlist?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Dragon Ball: FighterZ Season 2 DLC Wishlist?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:09 pm

So far the season 1 leak has been accurate to the actual DLC we've been getting thus making it extremely like if not gauranteed. The only difference is Merged Zamasu isn't revealed alongside Vegito Blue but there could be an explanation for it.

Anyways, what characters do you want for the 2nd season?

Here's my wishlist...

Love at First Fight
Chi-Chi
Videl

Both these girls got together with their men through fighting. Anyways, what Chi-Chi and Videl could add to the game is genuine melee-focused characters (FighterZ already toys with the idea through Gohan (Teen), Yamcha, and Bardock) like them having something unique to them for the S Button instead of a generic blast. Chi-Chi would be based stances and footwork while Videl is more about sways, step-ins, and grapples.

Dragon Ball
Master Roshi

Out of all the original Dragon Ball reps to be in this game, it absolutely has to be Master Roshi mainly due to his major comeback in the modern stuff. Even ignoring the current stuff, Roshi has a plethora of interesting techniques including the Drunken Fist, MAX Power, Evil Containment Wave, Turtle Shock Surprise, and Hypnosis.

Fusion Reborn
Gogeta (Super Saiyan)

The less popular of the fusions between Goku and Vegeta, but he isn't without moveset potential. While Vegito is a more balanced fighter, Gogeta is all about being on the pressure with his super swift punches and weird mindgames. Soul Punisher could also be used like a time bomb that will wipe the opponent out completely if they don't land a hit.

Hell Fighters
Dabura
Janemba

These two are very similar- both are insignificant side villains in the grand scheme of things but have won hardcore fans over with their cool designs and unique abilities. Dabura can materialize a sword or a spear from thin-air plus he has flame breath, air slices, and can turn people into stone with his spit while Janemba can use dimensional holes both offensively and defensively, create ki crescents from his sword slashes, rapid thin-shards of ki, and teleportation via atomizing himself into cubes for mixups.

Tournament of Power
Caulifla
Jiren

Caulifla is the face of the female Saiyans and she comes paired with Kale but unlike other characters with unique assists, Kale would be there to help out at any time. Caulifla is the brains of the team and does most of the fighting (evidently) while Kale is the muscle. Jiren is pretty much the main antagonist of the arc and he would be a defensive character who strikes really hard dealing great damage when the opponent is wide open. He would also be really good at dealing with opponents in the air.

Aside from the roster additions... I would like to see some alternate costumes for the game like Goku (Super Saiyan) wearing his casual Cell Games outfit or his battle worn orange gi. Maybe an option for different announcers.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball: FighterZ Season 2 DLC Wishlist?

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:10 am

This is a pretty solid wishlist. I'd swap out Gogeta with either Tao or Kid Goku to pair up with Roshi as the "classic era" characters. Also, while I know a lot of people want Chi Chi...I'd rather have Mr Satan.

Also, while I don't think season 2 should be too ToP-heavy (forgive the pun), I'd also like to see Toppo and Ribrianne to go along with Jiren and Caulifla. There's a lot of fun stuff you can do with them, and it'd be nice to have some more "fat" characters besides Buu.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:42 am

Kataphrut wrote:This is a pretty solid wishlist. I'd swap out Gogeta with either Tao or Kid Goku to pair up with Roshi as the "classic era" characters. Also, while I know a lot of people want Chi Chi...I'd rather have Mr Satan.

Also, while I don't think season 2 should be too ToP-heavy (forgive the pun), I'd also like to see Toppo and Ribrianne to go along with Jiren and Caulifla. There's a lot of fun stuff you can do with them, and it'd be nice to have some more "fat" characters besides Buu.
I was actually considering Mr. Satan but since the producer said no joke characters and he's already a lobby avatar so I give up on him.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:17 pm

Pack 1

• Nuova Shenron w/ Eis Shenron
• Super Janemba

Pack 2

• Kid Goku
• Master Roshi

Pack 3

• Kefla
• SSJ4 Gogeta

Pack 4

• Jiren
• Toppo

Don't really have any unique names or anything for the characters, I just want them in the game, especially some GT. I'd go in-depth on how each of them would play but Season 2 is so far away, there's no point.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:36 pm

Chi-Chi, Videl and Caulifla to me are absolutely essentials to include here. Not only are they girls (which Dragon Ball needs more of) but they have very different fighting styles.

To add to that, I think GT Pan should absolutely be on the table. I mean, if a Movie and a Special character can make it in...

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Wed May 02, 2018 3:29 pm

A bunch of possible/potential pairings that I'd like to see:

Muten Roshi
Piccolo Daimao

Dabura
Kaioshin (Shin)

Jiren
Toppo

Kefla
Cabba

Raditz
Zarbon (with Dodoria assist)

Tao Pai Pai (normal or cyber)
Kid Goku

Chi Chi (23rd Budokai)
Videl

Garlic Jr.
Janemba

#20 (with #19 assist)
Super 13
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:52 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:A bunch of possible/potential pairings that I'd like to see:

Muten Roshi
Piccolo Daimao

Dabura
Kaioshin (Shin)

Jiren
Toppo

Kefla
Cabba

Raditz
Zarbon (with Dodoria assist)

Tao Pai Pai (normal or cyber)
Kid Goku

Chi Chi (23rd Budokai)
Videl

Garlic Jr.
Janemba

#20 (with #19 assist)
Super 13
I would be fine with this list.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Der Führermeister

Post by Der Führermeister » Wed May 02, 2018 11:09 pm

[First encounters]
Dabra (with Babidi): Not much needed to be said, Dabra alone has a variety of moves to draw from despite his minour role, and Babidi's magic can be used to fill in gaps.

Raditz: Basically bringing over his fighting style from EB, but more over the top.

[Classics]
Chi-Chi (23rd Tournament): Base her on her Super Dragon Ball Z apprearance, and you got a nice solid gimmick-based fighter.

Mûten Roshi (T.O.P.): His mafuba technique would look amazing in game, you could have a variety of Kamehamehas to play with, and some nice Dragon Ball references thrown in.

[Fusion Reborn]
Gogeta (SSJ): Mix in moves from FR and GT to provide a solid moveset.

Janemba: The last of the popular movie villains, sword-based techniques along with a variety of crazy and wacky moves.

[Tournament of Power]
Cabba: Mid-air based comboes, sort of a clone to Vegeta.

Dyspo: Speed-based fighter, similar to Flash from older Justice League games.

[I honestly don't see them adding the characters below here or they are sequel material]
Jiren: Probably waiting on the manga and he's totally sequel-bait.
Toppo (G.O.D.): Same as Jiren.
Caulifla (with Kale): Plenty to work with, but the Saiyan girls are just too popular to pass up for money on a sequel.
Kefla: If Caulifla does somehow get included in S2, then Kefla is certainly sequel-bait.
Zarbon: Not popular enough to warrant as DLC, but is sequel material.
Turles (with Slug): Would be cool to see these two fight as a team and a reference to Xenoverse 2
Android 18 (Updated): 17 removed from her moveset and she gains T.O.P. abilities instead
Mira (with Towa): Some cross-promotional material.
Mr. Satan: Although they said no joke characters, I still see the inevitable happening

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu May 03, 2018 4:10 am

I'm ok with the leaked (rumored) list for Season 2

Tapion and Gogeta
Muten Roshi and Videl w/ Great Saiyaman
Raditz and Zarbon
Cabba and Kale w/ Caulifla

The combinations make sense, 1. movie characters, 2. earthlings, 3. Freeza troops, 4. U6 saiyans. Though Tapion seems a strange choice, the guy barely fought if at all.

I'm not sure I even want UI Goku, since the idea behind is to be the most OP thing ever, and it's a competitive fighting game

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu May 03, 2018 4:17 am

Some characters I wouldn't mind seeing in no particular order:

Jackie Chun (I always thought he looked cooler than regular Roshi)
Tao
Kid Goku
King Piccolo
Yajirobe
Android 13
Bojack
Zangya
Janemba
Garlic Jr

I'm also tempted to say Gogeta, but it would have to be far down the line as we already have people complaining about too much Goku and Vegeta. And I'd say the same about SS4 Goku and Vegeta which shouldn't happen for a long time.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed May 09, 2018 12:18 am

well ...

he wants it or not very probably see jiren in the game, I think he's even forced to appear since he did it in xenoverse
the next I think it should be caulifla has some priority because is new, is popular, the way he fights is varied

gogeta ssj and janemba are the most emblematic and popular in the movies of z only after bardock and broly

dabura has skills and attacks that would be great to see in the game
jako, come on is a new character of author who deserves to appear more, at least if not apparece, mr satan.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu May 10, 2018 10:15 am

Pack 1:
-Towa
-Videl

Pack 2:
-Pan w/ Giru
-Kid Goku (GT) / SSJ4 Goku

Pack 3:
-Kid Goku (DB)
-King Piccolo

Pack 4:
-Omega Shenron
-Gogeta SSJ4
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri May 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Kafla LLSJ2, with: Blitzing Punch she used against SSJG Goku when the battle started, Double Crusher Cannon she used against SSJB Goku, special: her mad final laser attack with the Mc Flurry Double Beam
Migatte no Goku'i Kizashi Son Gokuu, the mad looking punch he used on Jiren in episode 130, the seemingly instant attack where Jiren is behind him, hit by I dunno how many attacks and of course the Kamehame-Ha that lead to Kafla's defusion

Super Saiyajin 4 Son Gokuu, Kamehame-Ha x10, Final Explosion, special: Ryuuken Bakuhatsu!
Super Tsufurujin 3 Vegeta Baby, special: Double Handed Big Bang Attack, Super-Garlic Gun, special: Revenge Death Ball

GT Shrunk Son Gokuu, Triple Kamehame-Ha he used with Pan and Trunks against Rirudo, assist from 18 leading to Ryuuken Bakuhatsu! and ended with the Kamehame-Ha, special: Universal Genkidama
Super 17, Super Flash Bomb, Gatling Gun, special: Electro Eclipse Bomb

Super Yi Xing Long, Dragon Thunder, Negative Karma Ball, special: Shinryuuken (a punch with all other six Shadow Dragons appearing to form the Black Smoke Dragon with him that is Omega's own version of the Ryuuken)
Super Saiyajin 4 Gogeta, Stardust Breaker, Final Kamehame-Ha, Big Bang-Kamehame-Ha 100x

Bonus Surprise Pack:

Pan, Kamehame-Ha, Maiden's Rage she used on M2 against the Machine Mutant, special: Super Saiyajin transformation with a Super Kamehame-Ha, she stays SSJ for a while like Freeza stays Golden
Majoob, Chocolate Beam, Planet Burst, special: Ma-Kaiouken Kamehame-Ha x20 with Kid Boo and Mr. Boo's images standing behind him
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sat May 12, 2018 4:47 pm

The lack of pre-Z representation in this game is absolutely criminal. Kid Goku, Roshi, Tao Pai Pai, and Piccolo Daimao are essentials for this era. Daimao's offspring can be assists/part of his moveset.

I think some GT representation is also warranted. Super Saiyan 4 Goku is the most important one there. Maybe Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta could be his assist, and a short fusion could be his ultimate. After that we'd need a villain, and either Baby Vegeta or Yi Xing Long would do. I'd go with the latter, and have the other six dragons as assists.

And lastly, we're missing some important Tournament of Power picks, like Jiren and Kafla, to round off Super. Cabba can be an assist for the latter.

---

And I'll get a little crazy here and hallucinate a miraculous third season:
Toppo for sure. Maybe other pride troopers as assists.
Baby Vegeta, since I opted for Yi Xing Long above.
Videl, with Saiyaman as an assist.
Jenemba and Garlic jr., to round off the rest of the important movie characters.
Lunch, using all kinds of capsules, weapons, and vehicles.
Dabura with a Babidi assist, and Kaioshin with a Kibito assist, to round off the Buu arc.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun May 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Let's see, by order of preference:

Muten Roshi - He's awesome and can be made awesome.
Janemba - Cool and flashy character, a fan favorite. It gives the devs many choices to create a unique moveset.
Dabra with Babidi(calls his minions) - A fairly important secondary villain. He has magic going on for him, which would make him different than just beams. My suggestion would further him even more from the rest of the cast, with Babidi using his magic and calling Pocus, Yakon and the rest of minions. As a bonus it would better represent the early Boo Arc that only has Mr.Boo.
Kefla - I rather have the fusion than Caulifla, keep Kale out of it please. Female, hype and new, it checks a bunch of boxes.
Dr.Gero and #19- They would be a stance character. You could use both and each would have it's style while revolving around the same gimmick, energy draining. It would revolve around grabs and eating Ki attacks.
Raditz - I feel like he gets bad reputation because of low level Saiyan memes, just based on his importance in the story, from his actions and timing he should definitely be in any Dragon Ball Z era game. He's more interesting than he seems, looking back at his fight in the manga.
Kid Gohan - A very important character in the Saiyan and Namek Arc. No problem coming up with material, they could even risk it and try a "rage" mechanic.
Jiren - Just because as it stands he's the ultimate antagonist.

Notes: I didn't include highly improbable characters, like gag characters which was said wouldn't be included. Otherwise Mr.Satan for example would be on the list.

Characters I want the least: Gogeta and more versions from Goku and Vegeta.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:32 pm

I created another wishlist for season 2:

The Satan Dynasty

None other than the world champion Mr. Satan and his daughter Videl. Mr. Satan would be a comical character like Gotenks who, on the surface, is a weak and ineffectual fighter (just like in the actual series) but can be really dangerous in the right hands. His physical attacks lack power so he isn't the best at close-quarters but he makes up for it in sporting heavy artillery including his trusty handgun, grenades, and an explosive video game system.

Videl, on the other hand, is all about close-quarters. Unlike Mr. Satan, she has no projectiles or ranged attacks but she has a nice variety of melee-based maneuvers such as step-ins, sways, and grapples.

Dragon Ball

Like I've said before, out of all the Dragon Ball reps, Master Roshi is a must especially with his comeback in modern Dragon Ball. Even ignoring the new stuff, Master Roshi has a plethora of ancient but cool techniques including the Drunken Fist, Sleepy Boy Technique, Turtle Shock Surprise, and Demon Sealing Wave.

Fusion Reborn

The Metamoran Fusion between a Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Vegeta, which would a great way to represent one of the most popular aspects from GT (Super Saiyan 4). Gogeta is fast... really fast and if you're not careful around him, he can destroy you at a moment's notice. Of course he will have his signature moves like Bluff Kamehameha (done by holding the S button while performing Kamehameha) Big Bang Kamehameha but he can use his Super Saiyan form's moves like Ultimate Impact and Stardust Breaker.

Evil Incarnate

The manifestation of mortals' sins form into two beings- Omega Shenron and Janemba.

Omega Shenron is the final villain Dragon Ball GT who was created from morals abusing the dragonballs. He has the ability to control all the elements including wind, thunder, water, and fire to literally get the opponent under the weather. He can also form highly destructive Negative Karma Energy to send impending doom.

Janemba is the mutation of a reckless teenage ogre (Saike Demon) who thrives on a causing chaos and mayhem. He has a wide assortment of weird abilities like dimensional sword attacks, trapping red orbs, atomizing teleportation, and illusion attacks.

Tournament of Power

The Saiyan girls are inevitable for Season 2 and the best to represent them is as a duo character with Caulifla being the main fighter (as she is by far the more popular of the two) with Kale being supporter/the muscle of the duo. Unlike other pairing characters in the game, Kale is there to help at any moment either it be to get Caulifla out of a pinch or pin the opponent down for her mentor. Kale can also unleash her true powers which can even allow her to fight on her own, but you can't control her actions at that point.

Jiren is the main antagonist of this tournament and is the most powerful, but with great power comes great responsibility. Unlike other powerhouses, Jiren is a character based around using opponent the momentum against him by either countering their attacks or striking them when they're in the open. He can also built power through meditation to develop a more aggressive playstyle.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:01 am

Dragonball
Tao
Roshi

Z
Zarbon with Dodoria
Gero with #19

Movies
#13 with #14 and #15
Zangya

GT
Pan
SSJ4 Vegeta

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:06 am

Surviving Saiyans

Raditz
the new movie villain

Interlagactlic conquerors

Cooler
Bojack

Tournament of Power 1

Kefla (Can summon Kabba to help)
Toppo (hakaishin)

Tournament of Power
Jiren
Dyspo (can summon the other members not playable to aid him)

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:47 pm

I'd really like Raditz and Kaiōshin. Maybe a new stage too.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:59 pm

well ... my list