"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon May 14, 2018 9:33 am

I'll might download this game, when Universe Survival characters come out (not just Jiren and Ultra Instinct Goku). Because I want to play as my girl, dammit!
Caulifla best girl! :)

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:43 am

One_Instance wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:I havent managed to get it working here in the UK, and its not officially out here either.
If you can get a VPN, change location to the Netherlands, and clear your data for the play store, you should be able to get it. That's how I went about it.
does this work on iphone?

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Mon May 14, 2018 10:20 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
One_Instance wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:I havent managed to get it working here in the UK, and its not officially out here either.
If you can get a VPN, change location to the Netherlands, and clear your data for the play store, you should be able to get it. That's how I went about it.
does this work on iphone?
I don't have an iPhone, but if you can trick your app store into thinking you're in Holland, I would think it would.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon May 14, 2018 12:14 pm

I know whom Zahha remind me these two guys

It's a fusion between Zech Merquise

And Noumaïos (Called in your english based language Numinor from Ulysse 31)

Did I am post on ? Or what ?

(Ulysses 31 is btw a great series I'd like a movie out of it)
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:52 pm

He does have that 80s Sci-Fi look to him, for sure.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Mon May 14, 2018 4:19 pm

The game has essentially become pay to win. More money for chrono crystals to get better characters and more limit breaks. The only good reason I'm playing it is because I'm genuinely interested in the story as it connected to the upcoming movie.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:07 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:The game has essentially become pay to win. More money for chrono crystals to get better characters and more limit breaks. The only good reason I'm playing it is because I'm genuinely interested in the story as it connected to the upcoming movie.
please tell me you have something to back this up with because i refuse to get hyped like this

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Mon May 14, 2018 5:46 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:does this work on iphone?
Quick update for ya. Guess you'll have to wait a bit longer :(

Also, has anyone else noticed that the best part about this game is the way Chaozu's eyes pop out during a strike attack or whatever they're called? Do we have any other bug-eyed characters?[spoiler]https://imgur.com/a/pS4GGwr[/spoiler]

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon May 14, 2018 9:14 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
please tell me you have something to back this up with because i refuse to get hyped like this
It's not connected to the movie.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I'll might download this game, when Universe Survival characters come out (not just Jiren and Ultra Instinct Goku). Because I want to play as my girl, dammit!
Then you'll miss out on a ton of free crystals and spend forever trying to get a card of the character you want.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:48 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:The game has essentially become pay to win. More money for chrono crystals to get better characters and more limit breaks. The only good reason I'm playing it is because I'm genuinely interested in the story as it connected to the upcoming movie.
Watch the official promotion for the DB Legends game and the DB Movie 2018: https://twitter.com/DB_Legends/status/9 ... 1700083717
Here, the director of Shueisha and producer of Toei announce the movie and also give hints for the plot. Now, watch 12:03 of the video. He says literally, "The movie will be definitely collaborating with the games.". A few minutes later, they start talking about Dragon Ball Legends, which is the only game during that presentation. The story of DB Legends already has Shallot and the Hooded Man as two saiyans from the past. The reason for them to be there is because there is a distortion in time and space which is bringing warriors from different eras. These distortions could be a result of the excessive time travel followed by erasing 7 universes and bringing them all back. The trailer for the game also gives you hints as it shows a planet exploding (most likely U7 Sadal) at the start. The mysterious saiyan shown in the movie trailer is obviously a saiyan from the past.

I thought most people already knew this by now. This is old news. The new news is what the story in DB Legends is so far with Zahha, Giblet, etc.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue May 15, 2018 12:57 am

I've said it before, I could be wrong at this point from my talks, but while there may be overlap with the lore of the Saiyan's past potentially covering the same events in both, the two stories themselves supposedly aren't meant to tie into each other in any significant way.

The only future collaboration I've been made aware of between the two is very basic. With the bulk of it being the simple marketing desire to eventually bring in the movie's new characters (like they want for everyone else) to create hype and push for sales in the shop to obtain them.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue May 15, 2018 2:21 am

Yeah, all he was talking about was movie content coming to the game.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:57 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I've said it before, I could be wrong at this point from my talks, but while there may be overlap with the lore of the Saiyan's past potentially covering the same events in both, the two stories themselves supposedly aren't meant to tie into each other in any significant way.

The only future collaboration I've been made aware of between the two is very basic. With the bulk of it being the simple marketing desire to eventually bring in movie's new characters (like they want for everyone else) to create hype and push for sales in the shop to obtain them.
that makes a lot more sense

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 16, 2018 3:20 am

New update is out, adds new story missions, you can get class upgrade materials now and there is a Yamcha scout mission.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed May 16, 2018 7:09 am

Did anyone extract character arts that appear on title screen?
I only saw arts from character cards.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed May 16, 2018 2:16 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:New update is out, adds new story missions, you can get class upgrade materials now and there is a Yamcha scout mission.
And it hasn't released everywhere else yet...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:02 pm

shadowfox87 wrote: These distortions could be a result of the excessive time travel followed by erasing 7 universes and bringing them all back.
I like that idea, similiar to GT there's negative side effects for using the Dragon Balls so callously.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:10 pm

Is V-Jump out yet?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:21 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Is V-Jump out yet?
what are we expecting in it?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:27 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Is V-Jump out yet?
what are we expecting in it?
Well, i expect some DBLegends news, Dokkan news (but i dont play dokkan), Super Dragon Ball Heroes stuff, and MAYBE a Dragon Ball FighterZ scan.

I hope for at least a reveal of another character in Shintani’s design for the movie and maybe a little bit of news for the movie.

Id say i hope for XV2 DLC news but i think we should just look forward to XV3 now.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"