Its almost the time again...

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Its almost the time again...

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:57 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:As of this month it is currently fiscal year 2019 (at least for Bandai Namco), FighterZ was the fiscal year 2018 game.
Ah, right. Japan and the US have different cutoff dates and all that. I'm tired and stressed, and shouldn't be talking corporate-y shitck in this my mindset. 100% just confusing myself.

Then you're right, the next game should take the 2019 fiscal slot (either holiday 2018, or early 2019) and XV3 should take the 2020 slot (either holiday 2019, or early 2020). Which, again, I'm all for. I enjoy the Xenoverse franchise for the new lore it typically adds, but I won't deny it needs a lot of work to polish things up. The longer the better.
With the fact that we didn’t get a 2017 db game, is it possible that we won’t get a db 2019 game and will just have XV3 as an early 2020 game after FighterZ?
Also, what exactly does fiscal year mean in this context and how does it work for bandai namco?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon May 14, 2018 5:43 am

Banana wrote:I'll keep an eye out for it though honestly it might sit around like the Dr. Slump game I have :(
Dr. Slump game? For what console?

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon May 14, 2018 9:13 pm

Banana wrote:
LightBing wrote:An JRPG based on early Dragon Ball would be my dream. The Pre-Raditz era needs more love and is oozing potential.

A question, would a crossover fighting game which includes Dragon Ball fill the role of "console Dragon Ball for the year"? Bandai has Naruto, One Piece and Dragon Ball, probably more Jump franchises. Certainly such a game has a decent chance of being made with the success of FighterZ.
I would play the hell out of an original Dragon Ball based game, oh my goodness. Maybe if it could be an open world fighting game but that may be asking a bit too much lol.

Not quite sure on the terms of the contract but I hope not. Not generally a fan of crossovers. Fanservice and the game usually suffers.
You can always play Dragon Ball Origins 1 and 2.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon May 14, 2018 9:16 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: With the fact that we didn’t get a 2017 db game, is it possible that we won’t get a db 2019 game and will just have XV3 as an early 2020 game after FighterZ?
Also, what exactly does fiscal year mean in this context and how does it work for bandai namco?
FighterZ was the game for last year because the fiscal year ends on March 31st.
Fiscal year is April 1st-March 31st, it's a think for financials and many deals are based around them.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:55 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: With the fact that we didn’t get a 2017 db game, is it possible that we won’t get a db 2019 game and will just have XV3 as an early 2020 game after FighterZ?
FighterZ was the game for last year because the fiscal year ends on March 31st.
Fiscal year is April 1st-March 31st, it's a think for financials and many deals are based around them.
Ok, that explains a lot. Thats why while we didn’t get a “2017” db game, we did XV2 was our fiscal 2017 game. But wait, we still did miss a fiscal 2016 game.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 16, 2018 3:22 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: Ok, that explains a lot. Thats why while we didn’t get a “2017” db game, we did XV2 was our fiscal 2017 game. But wait, we still did miss a fiscal 2016 game.
Extreme Butoden for 3DS.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed May 16, 2018 3:32 am

If we're not getting XV3 then we could get a Zenkai Battle royal port with more characters.

If done right then an RPG game covering the entire original manga (at least) could be interesting.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:35 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Ok, that explains a lot. Thats why while we didn’t get a “2017” db game, we did XV2 was our fiscal 2017 game. But wait, we still did miss a fiscal 2016 game.
Extreme Butoden for 3DS.
But isn’t the contract for main console db games? I thought the 3ds didn’t qualify.

Anyway, my prediction is that if XV3 is the next game, it will come out in the fiscal year 2020 (during the holidays of 2019).