Will dragon ball super return in 2019?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Toxin45
Regular

Will dragon ball super return in 2019?

Post by Toxin45 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:08 pm

Will dragon ball super return after the movie in December 2018? Because at the end of the final episode the narrator said a brief parting and hinted at the upcoming movie or if dragon ball super was finished? I mean the manga is still on going so what are your thoughts?

sintzu
Banned

Re: Will dragon ball super return in 2019?

Post by sintzu » Thu May 17, 2018 4:14 pm

Toriyama said he likes writing new stories and the movie will most likely be a mega hit at the box office so there's no reason to think a brean as profitable as Super's won't return.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:02 pm

We got constant movie news, an upcoming DBH anime, the DBS manga, DBS english dub, a potential new db video game, and the movie (when it comes out) to hold us over.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri May 18, 2018 9:14 am

sintzu wrote:Toriyama said he likes writing new stories and the movie will most likely be a mega hit at the box office so there's no reason to think a brean as profitable as Super's won't return.
I think it will most likely come back with Shintani's new character designs instead of the old one.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri May 18, 2018 10:06 am

majinwarman wrote:
sintzu wrote:Toriyama said he likes writing new stories and the movie will most likely be a mega hit at the box office so there's no reason to think a brean as profitable as Super's won't return.
I think it will most likely come back with Shintani's new character designs instead of the old one.
If the new art style makes animated things easier and isn't as expensive then it most likely will.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri May 18, 2018 11:27 am

sintzu wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
If the new art style makes animated things easier and isn't as expensive then it most likely will.
I agree though money isn't going to be an issue for Toei if you see the Dragon Ball earnings.
Majinwarman

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:32 am

majinwarman wrote:
sintzu wrote:
majinwarman wrote: I think it will most likely come back with Shintani's new character designs instead of the old one.
I agree though money isn't going to be an issue for Toei if you see the Dragon Ball earnings.
Money is always an "issue", no matter how much of it a person or company has.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri May 18, 2018 11:42 am

majinwarman wrote:I agree though money isn't going to be an issue for Toei if you see the Dragon Ball earnings.
It depends on how much of a difference it'll cost compared to how easy it'll make working on it.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri May 18, 2018 6:44 pm

sintzu wrote:
majinwarman wrote:I agree though money isn't going to be an issue for Toei if you see the Dragon Ball earnings.
It depends on how much of a difference it'll cost compared to how easy it'll make working on it.
I understand that point but I just wanted to point that out to tell people Toei isn't broke.
Majinwarman