Is this Rumor about upcoming Bandai Namco games still valid?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Is this Rumor about upcoming Bandai Namco games still valid?

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:21 am

This is the reddit post where the rumor is from: https://www.reddit.com/r/bandainamco/co ... scvi_dbfz/

Here’s the info:

Soul Calibur VI

- The full roster as far as they knew will be 22 characters at launch with 6 more as DLC (their information was admitted to be around a month old, which they mentioned something of later as to something that did change since they last knew)

-Some specific characters they knew about included Hwang, Talim, Grøh's adoptive father is named Friderich, Maxi's lover named Jacker (whom I leaked information about previously but did not know his name), and Roronoa Zoro from the One Piece anime/manga as the guest character.

-3 of the 6 DLC characters they knew about included Zasalamel, Cervantes, and that there would be a female guest character in the pack, which they mentioned the Zasalamel as DLC plans obviously changed last month. I had leaked on 8WayRun that the rumblings I was hearing about him is that he was being changed to being a launch roster character last month as well. Then he was revealed yesterday, confirming that he did.

One Piece World Seeker

-Will feature customizable character costumes and the option to play as the entire Straw Hat Pirates crew

-Will have DLC Costumes from Dragon Ball, Naruto, Toriko, Tekken, My Hero Academia, and Final Fantasy that are planned to be released

-December 2018 release date

Dragon Ball FighterZ

-Season 2 DLC was just finished planning and they started translating the paperwork the day before they got fired.

-The character packs were as follows, the first will be out before the end of the year. Season 2 according to them will be:
Tapion and Gogeta
Muten Roshi and Videl w/ Great Saiyaman
Raditz and Zarbon
Cabba and Kale w/ Caulifla

-Season 1 DLC (Broly, Bardock, Normal Goku, Normal Vegeta, Vegito Blue, Merged Zamasu, 17, and Cooler) will all be out by July from what they know.

Other games

-Dragonball Xenoverse 3 is not in development. Not yet at least. But an action RPG about Dragon Ball is in pre-production. As in pre-DBZ.

-A new singleplayer game based on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is in pre-production for the Switch from CyberConnect2

-The rights to develop games under the Bandai Namco brand for the following anime franchises were acquired: Tiger Mask W, Kuroko no Basket (Kuroko's Basketball), Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Yuri on Ice, and Kakegurui

All i really care about is the DB action RPG rumor part. What I would like to know is if all the info given here is still correct. If it is, then the db arpg thing might be legit.

This rumor came out about 2 months ago and it says that DB XV3 isn’t in development but i’ve Been told by 2 sources that Dimps started development with DB XV3 before 2018 started.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Is this Rumor about upcoming Bandai Namco games still valid?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:11 am

That RPG about original DB sounds very interesting. I could see it being on the Switch

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:That RPG about original DB sounds very interesting. I could see it being on the Switch
Why just the switch? It wouldn’t be financially smart to have just an exclusive game, let alone a switch exclusive game because the switch is the least popular of the 3 main consoles.

If we’re getting a new db game, its probably going to be for all systems.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Lightdasher
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lightdasher » Sun May 20, 2018 2:20 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:That RPG about original DB sounds very interesting. I could see it being on the Switch
Why just the switch? It wouldn’t be financially smart to have just an exclusive game, let alone a switch exclusive game because the switch is the least popular of the 3 main consoles.

Perhaps for the same reason that the DB: Origins series, and Revenge of King Piccolo, were on DS and Wii only, respectively. I won't pretend to know why they were exclusive to those systems, but I could see it happening. And if so, I'm all for it! I don't mind getting the Nintendo consoles if they're for original Dragon Ball games! So long as they're fun games, of course. xD
"Set a good example, represent what you think the community should be, and just be awesome." -VegettoEX, 2017.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun May 20, 2018 4:04 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: All i really care about is the DB action RPG rumor part. What I would like to know is if all the info given here is still correct. If it is, then the db arpg thing might be legit.

This rumor came out about 2 months ago and it says that DB XV3 isn’t in development but i’ve Been told by 2 sources that Dimps started development with DB XV3 before 2018 started.
I've seen numerous times people say on this site that xenoverse 3 has been in development for some time. I do hope we get a DB adventure game instead of rpg, actually.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun May 20, 2018 4:21 pm

sangofe wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: All i really care about is the DB action RPG rumor part. What I would like to know is if all the info given here is still correct. If it is, then the db arpg thing might be legit.

I've seen numerous times people say on this site that xenoverse 3 has been in development for some time. I do hope we get a DB adventure game instead of rpg, actually.
I’d be ok with a dragon ball game that’s open world adventure with arpg mechanics

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Mon May 21, 2018 3:37 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:This is the reddit post where the rumor is from: https://www.reddit.com/r/bandainamco/co ... scvi_dbfz/

Here’s the info:

Soul Calibur VI

- The full roster as far as they knew will be 22 characters at launch with 6 more as DLC (their information was admitted to be around a month old, which they mentioned something of later as to something that did change since they last knew)

-Some specific characters they knew about included Hwang, Talim, Grøh's adoptive father is named Friderich, Maxi's lover named Jacker (whom I leaked information about previously but did not know his name), and Roronoa Zoro from the One Piece anime/manga as the guest character.

-3 of the 6 DLC characters they knew about included Zasalamel, Cervantes, and that there would be a female guest character in the pack, which they mentioned the Zasalamel as DLC plans obviously changed last month. I had leaked on 8WayRun that the rumblings I was hearing about him is that he was being changed to being a launch roster character last month as well. Then he was revealed yesterday, confirming that he did.

One Piece World Seeker

-Will feature customizable character costumes and the option to play as the entire Straw Hat Pirates crew

-Will have DLC Costumes from Dragon Ball, Naruto, Toriko, Tekken, My Hero Academia, and Final Fantasy that are planned to be released

Dragon Ball FighterZ

-Season 2 DLC was just finished planning and they started translating the paperwork the day before they got fired.

-The character packs were as follows, the first will be out before the end of the year. Season 2 according to them will be:
Tapion and Gogeta
Raditz and Zarbon

-Season 1 DLC (Broly, Bardock, Normal Goku, Normal Vegeta, Vegito Blue, Merged Zamasu, 17, and Cooler) will all be out by July from what they know.

Other games

-Dragonball Xenoverse 3 is not in development. Not yet at least. But an action RPG about Dragon Ball is in pre-production. As in pre-DBZ.

-A new singleplayer game based on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is in pre-production for the Switch from CyberConnect2

-The rights to develop games under the Bandai Namco brand for the following anime franchises were acquired: Tiger Mask W, Kuroko no Basket (Kuroko's Basketball), Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Yuri on Ice, and Kakegurui

All i really care about is the DB action RPG rumor part. What I would like to know is if all the info given here is still correct. If it is, then the db arpg thing might be legit.

I've heard the rumors about Zoro being in SC6 (If this is true, I will lose my shit), and XV3 not being in development (imo, I think this could be true because Dimps is currently working on Legends and it doesn't take a genius to know that Legends is just Xenoverse mobile. I think that they're adding characters in Legends that will end up being in XV3. It's a very smart business practice; they make a mobile game that people have been asking for while still, kind of, working on XV3 by adding new characters such as Pikkon and Tao!) about the DB action RPG: I'm not doubting it, but I doubt it'll hinder XV3's development since I don't think Dimps is working on it. Bandai Namco has a lot of companies that make DB games, I doubt they'd halt the XV series (their money maker) for a game that'll definitely sell less copies. (I love OG DB just as much as other fans, but let's face it, it isn't as popular as DBZ and DBS, unfortunately) I'm also follow OP: WS, but I haven't heard this news until now and I'm definitely down with it!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:55 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:

I didnt mean for it to be exclusive to the Switch. But it could be interesting. Besides weve had plenty of Nintendo exclusive DB games in the past.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon May 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Phozz wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:This is the reddit post where the rumor is from: https://www.reddit.com/r/bandainamco/co ... scvi_dbfz/

Here’s the info:

Soul Calibur VI

One Piece World Seeker

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Tapion and Gogeta
Raditz and Zarbon

Other games

I've heard the rumors about Zoro being in SC6 (If this is true, I will lose my shit), and XV3 not being in development (imo, I think this could be true because Dimps is currently working on Legends and it doesn't take a genius to know that Legends is just Xenoverse mobile. I think that they're adding characters in Legends that will end up being in XV3. It's a very smart business practice; they make a mobile game that people have been asking for while still, kind of, working on XV3 by adding new characters such as Pikkon and Tao!) about the DB action RPG: I'm not doubting it, but I doubt it'll hinder XV3's development since I don't think Dimps is working on it. Bandai Namco has a lot of companies that make DB games, I doubt they'd halt the XV series (their money maker) for a game that'll definitely sell less copies. (I love OG DB just as much as other fans, but let's face it, it isn't as popular as DBZ and DBS, unfortunately) I'm also follow OP: WS, but I haven't heard this news until now and I'm definitely down with it!
Actually according to 2 people on this website with connections. Xenoverse 3 has been in development since around Q4 of last year. And yeah, chances are that a completely different team is working on the next db game. I also think that some of the DBLegends model assets will be used in xv3.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon May 21, 2018 5:28 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

I didnt mean for it to be exclusive to the Switch. But it could be interesting. Besides weve had plenty of Nintendo exclusive DB games in the past.
I personally would like it if, since we will never have DBHeroes and SDBHeroes outside of japan, they could port the game over to the Nintendo switch and everytime the arcade gets an update, the switch would too. I don’t have a switch but i would buy one just for that.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:59 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Dragon Ball FighterZ

"They were fired"? What do you mean by that?
AnimeNation101 wrote: Other games

Wait, have you changed the initial post lately? Cyberconnect2 is doing a game for Nintendo Switch only? And they're doing it lazingly based on another game?
Also, off topic - really, a Kuroko's Basketball game is coming :) ?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:41 pm

sangofe wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Dragon Ball FighterZ

"They were fired"? What do you mean by that?
AnimeNation101 wrote: Other games

Wait, have you changed the initial post lately? Cyberconnect2 is doing a game for Nintendo Switch only? And they're doing it lazingly based on another game?
Also, off topic - really, a Kuroko's Basketball game is coming :) ?
Yeah, this isn’t my info. I got it from a “known leaker”. Also, I long since edited my info with new and updated stuff i found.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42686

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:30 am

So this should be locked and delete eh?

Oniman
Banned

Post by Oniman » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:31 am

The season 2 info seems fake. Why would Gogeta go along with Tapion if there is no finishers for them.
Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one's who little path would make me sad. Whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:12 pm

sangofe wrote:So this should be locked and delete eh?
Probably

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:20 pm

sangofe wrote:

as long as its fully open world where you can explore all places we saw in the db series and be able to fly around with nimbus than i wouldnt be too mad if its comes out instead of XV 3 tbh.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:21 am

Tsufuru wrote:
sangofe wrote:

as long as its fully open world where you can explore all places we saw in the db series and be able to fly around with nimbus than i wouldnt be too mad if its comes out instead of XV 3 tbh.
You misquoted me, dude.