The Transformations That Should Have Been

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

The Transformations That Should Have Been

Post by shadowmaria » Wed May 23, 2018 8:55 pm

Hey everyone

The purpose of this thread is to discuss transformations or forms that really should have appeared in the franchise (or any of the four animated series or any of the 20+ films or OVA's) by this point, and also how the form should have been introduced in the franchise.

1. Super Saiyan Pan: During the conflict with Dolltaki. Not much to say on this one, Kozo Morishita confirmed that it would have likely happened here. (I talk more about this in this video)
2. Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta: This exists in many games (most notably in S/DBH), but I feel that rather than going into a rage-like state against Beerus, his rage should have pushed him to Super Saiyan 3 (as was speculated on this very forum at the time)
3. Super Saiyan God Vegeta: Okay, I know this is in the manga. But with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan being the Super Saiyan form of a Super Saiyan God, Vegeta really should have gone through the ritual in the anime and achieved the form prior to attaining Blue.
4. Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta: Many on this here forum speculated that Toyotaro would give the manga version of the Black arc Gogeta instead of Vegetto. Easy enough to work out; Zamasu destroys the Potara on Shin's ears, and therefore forcing Goku and Vegeta to come up with another method: the Metamorese Fusion Dance
5. Super Saiyan 3 Kefla: With all the talk about Kale and Caulifla achieving Super Saiyan 3 together, it felt like a bit of Chekov's Gun when they didn't use the form as Kefla. Maybe they will in a later appearance separately, but really felt as though they should have hit SSJ2 Kefla sooner in the fight with Goku, and reach SSJ3 right before UI Goku eliminated her

These are just a few I came up with. What did you come up with?

sintzu
Banned

Re: The Transformations That Should Have Been

Post by sintzu » Wed May 23, 2018 9:31 pm

I think Ssj3 Vegeta will eventually show up in the manga, maybe against Cabba in the tournament. If the anime is going to continue using SsjG with Goku then hopefully they'll give it to Vegeta as well.

Gogeta Blue would be a very interesting and surprising plot point the manga could use against Kefla to truly differentiate it form the anime.

Caulifla and Kefla brought up Ssj3 multiple times so I think it's something being saved for a future arc, possibly a Sadal arc.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed May 23, 2018 11:18 pm

A transformation/fusion that should have happened? Let's see:

• Vegenks - If a Potara fusion between the heroes should have happened, then it could not have been none other than a father and son fusion.
• Gogeta - If Vegenks could not have been made, then the only option left should have been the Metamoran fusion. Gogeta should have appeared and make his debut in the "main series" already.
• Super Saiyan God - Vegeta should have used it in the anime too. Us, Dragon Ball video game players would benefit from that.
• Red-Eyed - Piccolo must get a transformation, preferably from Dragon Ball Online; the red-eyed form.

I think those were all I wanted. Super Saiyan 2 was well used and other characters achieved it.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBigBoy » Thu May 24, 2018 6:26 pm

Gimme Super Human so I can see Kuririn whoop some ass.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:10 pm

Raging Blast was enough to tell me that I don't want an official SS3 Vegeta. It just doesn't look right. I imagine I'd feel the same way about SSG Vegeta. Unless he randomly decided to palette swap his armor while transforming to it.

I honestly can't think of a transformation I'd like to see. SSB is like my top form of super saiyan, tied with SS1 I suppose. I like it simple. Any random transformation for a human or namekian would just feel too shoehorned in at this point for me to want it.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sun May 27, 2018 11:46 am

Strengthened SSJ God - considering how much stronger Goku got between his battle with Beerus to the Tournament of Power, I feel he should have shown off a Enhanced Version during the tournament.

Potential Unleashed Super Saiyan 2 - Gohan really should have gotten this in the tournament considering he used Potential Unleashed SSJ in Battle of Gods and since he regained control of Potential Unleashed in the ToP arc, this would have been cool to see.

Super Saiyan Destroyer - this would be a Form that’s mainly teased through a line like “I wonder what a Super Saiyan imbedded with The Energy of Destruction would be like?” Then this Form be unlocked not by the Saiyans we know about or will know about in the upcoming movie, but possibly in a future story that introduces a royal bloodline Saiyan in universe 6 stating her goal is to awaken the form,

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon May 28, 2018 9:28 am

Forte224 wrote:Raging Blast was enough to tell me that I don't want an official SS3 Vegeta. It just doesn't look right. I imagine I'd feel the same way about SSG Vegeta. Unless he randomly decided to palette swap his armor while transforming to it.

I honestly can't think of a transformation I'd like to see. SSB is like my top form of super saiyan, tied with SS1 I suppose. I like it simple. Any random transformation for a human or namekian would just feel too shoehorned in at this point for me to want it.
Agree with SS3/G Vegeta. It looks extremely ugly and goofy on him especially with SS3 having no eyebrows doesn't suit Vegeta he looks like an absolute clown. And the long hair with short height doesn't go well (same problem I have with Gotenks SS3) And SSG I always thought it wouldn't look good on him then Toyotaro came along and yup definitely looks bad on him, the skinny look again doesn't suit him and the red hair too. I think that's why Toriyama compromised on SSGSS being blue as it would suit both Goku and Vegeta.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon May 28, 2018 2:50 pm

The problem with SSJ Pan is that there was no good moment for her to achieve that.
The best moment would be in Baby saga when she tried to defend Goku SSJ4 and went furious, but she would still be no match for him and would be outshined by SSJ4 anyway. Another moment that could actually fit is Pan vs Natt on planet M2. It would make more sense for her to turn SSJ there and acomplish some feat by beating her first enemy as SSJ.

How about Pan actually getting SSJ in 1-year timeskip between Baby saga and Super 17 saga and keep it a secret like Goten and Trunks did?
I mean she could just turn SSJ in Super 17 saga and surprise everyone. Goku could help her reach it or she could reach it on her own and surprise even Goku who would see everything from hell. They could actually make Pan defeat Rildo.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon May 28, 2018 9:48 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:The problem with SSJ Pan is that there was no good moment for her to achieve that.
The best moment would be in Baby saga when she tried to defend Goku SSJ4 and went furious, but she would still be no match for him and would be outshined by SSJ4 anyway. Another moment that could actually fit is Pan vs Natt on planet M2. It would make more sense for her to turn SSJ there and acomplish some feat by beating her first enemy as SSJ.

How about Pan actually getting SSJ in 1-year timeskip between Baby saga and Super 17 saga and keep it a secret like Goten and Trunks did?
I mean she could just turn SSJ in Super 17 saga and surprise everyone. Goku could help her reach it or she could reach it on her own and surprise even Goku who would see everything from hell. They could actually make Pan defeat Rildo.
The producer of GT spoke at length about Pan's transformation in this interview

I also - as mentioned upthread - further extrapolated the Super Saiyan Pan thing more in this video

SSJ YUSUKE
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ YUSUKE » Tue May 29, 2018 4:03 am

Ultra instinct Dr Rota, what a wasted opportunity, lazy writing by Toei and Toriyama.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue May 29, 2018 9:29 pm

SSJ YUSUKE wrote:Ultra instinct Dr Rota, what a wasted opportunity, lazy writing by Toei and Toriyama.
I legit popped for this

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu May 31, 2018 5:11 am

Gohan Blanco is a good one. Oh, also Gohan Calvo. It's a shame we never got to see them :lol: :lol:
Get Fucked, C_unt

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu May 31, 2018 10:26 am

I guess this isn't necessarily a "transformation that should have been" in terms of the form itself, but I wish that Goku achieved SSBE in 126 against Toppo instead of achieving it in 123 against JIren and getting another power-up on top of it in 126. It makes it more confusing and if it was just one transformation it would have been more cohesive and epic.(Even though both moments were still good, they could have been all-time great.)

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Thu May 31, 2018 7:37 pm

PFM18 wrote:I guess this isn't necessarily a "transformation that should have been" in terms of the form itself, but I wish that Goku achieved SSBE in 126 against Toppo instead of achieving it in 123 against JIren and getting another power-up on top of it in 126. It makes it more confusing and if it was just one transformation it would have been more cohesive and epic.(Even though both moments were still good, they could have been all-time great.)
Goku never achieved Super Saiyan Blue Evolution though?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu May 31, 2018 8:01 pm

shadowmaria wrote:
PFM18 wrote:I guess this isn't necessarily a "transformation that should have been" in terms of the form itself, but I wish that Goku achieved SSBE in 126 against Toppo instead of achieving it in 123 against JIren and getting another power-up on top of it in 126. It makes it more confusing and if it was just one transformation it would have been more cohesive and epic.(Even though both moments were still good, they could have been all-time great.)
Goku never achieved Super Saiyan Blue Evolution though?
Crap. I meant to say Vegeta. I don't know what I was thinking. My bad.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:59 am

Honestly I don't think there would really be any point to Pan going Super in GT. With the way GT was set up to revolve around Goku would Pan being an SSJ really make any difference except for her maybe getting an extra punch in? If anything her being stuck in her base for makes her stand out more as opposed to being part of the SSJ bargain sale.

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:02 am

DB/Z/SUPER

Unlock Potential - Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and Chiaotzu meets the Grand Elder Namek while still in Otherworld, after he dies on Earth.

Kaioken - Yamcha learns this from North Kaio, and he teaches it to Krillin after being wished back.

Potential Unleashed - Kid Trunks and Goten pester the Old Kai, to do the same thing he did for Gohan, this would lead to Ultimate Kid Trunks, Ultimate Goten and Ultimate Gotenks.

God Water Power Up - Good Buu could drink this and because he doesn't have normal mortal body he easily survives the process and gets a major boost.

Great Ape - Tarble still possesses his tail so it would be nice to see this form one more time.

Super Saiyan - Tarble asks that Vegeta teach him the form.

Super Saiyan God - Vegeta should have this form, since it was stated that Super Saiyan Blue is the result of combining Red and Super Saiyan together.

Great Namekian Size Alteration - Piccolo using this ability to increase his strength and durability could be useful in certain situations.

Red-Eyed Namekian Form - Piccolo, Pirina and Saonel having this transformation from DBO, would be great, the cinematic trailer heavily implies that the form is a 50x multiplier, just like Super Saiyan.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:35 am

I would like to see other types of transformations.

Piccolo Porunga: like Disney's Aladdin and Return of Jafar, Piccolo wishes to become part of the Namekian Dragon Balls, but he has a will and seeks to free himself with more power.
Akkuman Vegeta: when Vegeta goes to Hell, he decides to become the new resident devil, grows a pair of horns in his forehead and a devil tail. Fortuneteller Baba takes him back to Earth.
Timeless Super Saiya-jin: with Goku learning how to scream for time like Hit, he combines it with his own SSJ power up, so that he can skip to the following form without time actually going by.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:59 pm

There seems to be some confusion about this thread's purpose. It isn't about creating new forms, it's about exploring what films should have appeared in the manga or anime

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:09 pm

Nice Thread Idea Shadowmaria, Thanks for it cause it allows me to get something off my chest about one that Should have been from Super;

Eternal/Ultimate Ribrianne Form: The Previews for Episode 117 it was believed by Me and a bunch of others that Ribrianne was going to go into a New/Different Transformation to upgrade herself into possibly being one of the near top tier fighters for the end fighting stages of the ToP like Caulifla and Kale did with Kefla and Goku with UI.

It seemed like Toei had been Teasing fans towards this form Ribrianne by their promotion of her, plus due to Magicial Girl History that Ribrianne's charcter was following to a T Level and Toei was most famous for.

The Transformation should have happen in Episode #117 of the Super Anime, the ToP arc. It as the perfect moment to show more of why Ribrianne was a focal point storywise for Toei. Theories where likely she would transform into a more tradational Magical Girl Look and look more like her base human form Brianne with her Green Hair.

One Interpretation of that form is below taking a homage to the Voice Actress's other Magical Girl Voice she Voiced from Toei Precure Series, Happiness Charge ~~~ Cure Honey! :angel:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Sadly this Never Came to pass with Toei just doing another Giant Titan form of a character from another Universe, their was like I think 4 in the ToP arc and they all failed in the end. I was Beyond Upset when the premiere happen and felt Toei screwed over Me and other Fans of Ribrianne that expect more.

It was a Transformed Toei should have provided for one of its more marketed characters in the ToP and still to this day I and other don't know why Toei did not seize on that moment they so hyped for so Long.

Ribrianne still is a GREAT Character with great moments and character development, but Toei needed deliver on more that they seem to have been hyping.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker