"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:56 am

RedHeat wrote:I have a feeling Ancient Saiyan's have different Ki than modern ones, meaning they could possibly have at least a slightly different transformation. It's really too early to say, but it's gonna get interesting soon.
Well we already know that given what Beerus and Whis have said about Shallot. They definitely have a different ki. Their genetics would also undoubtedly give a different SSJ transformation when the time comes. At the end of the trailer, you see Shallot's eyes turn as if he is about to transform. During the promotional announcement for DB Legends, one of the developers said that Shallot isn't a SSJ "yet".
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:59 pm

Seems like the hooded guy considers Goku to be tainted because he is a good Saiyan. This may all lead up to an evil vs good Saiyans confrontation, which is probably what happened on Planet Sadala before it got destroyed.
By siding with the good side Shallot will probably be able to go Super Saiyan while Ancient Saiyans are probably getting an entirely different transformation.
I believe U7 is the result of the evil Saiyans winning, which made Sadala go boom, while in U7 the good ones won and Sadala was saved.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:22 pm

emperior wrote:Seems like the hooded guy considers Goku to be tainted because he is a good Saiyan. This may all lead up to an evil vs good Saiyans confrontation, which is probably what happened on Planet Sadala before it got destroyed.
By siding with the good side Shallot will probably be able to go Super Saiyan while Ancient Saiyans are probably getting an entirely different transformation.
I believe U7 is the result of the evil Saiyans winning, which made Sadala go boom, while in U7 the good ones won and Sadala was saved.
Yes, that is what I said above. It's possible that the internal conflict between the Saiyans that was the cause of Sadal's destruction may have been this. Perhaps Yamoshi was fighting against the red hooded man whose belief was to remove all saiyans with "blood of the defeated" and "blood of the tainted". Also, I think you meant to say U6 is the result of good ones winning so Sadal was saved. Yes, I agree. To add to that, Kale had trouble initially becoming a SSJ. The tingly thing in her back wasn't working. It wasn't until she got very angry as a result of jealousy and hate, that she turned into her Berserk variant. Perhaps, the saiyans that are evil that don't have righteous hearts, will require this method of transformation like Kale's. While a righteous hearted saiyan transforms into the SSJ we already know and have seen. Still it is odd why there were so many evil saiyans in U7 that never turned SSJ though. If righteous hearts was not a requirement, then certain genetics are. The descendants of the ancient line of saiyans I guess was lost with the destruction of Sadal while in U6, they survived and are Kale's line.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:39 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:
emperior wrote:There's a new update with new characters and new story chapters.
The story is so intriguing! I will write what happens for those interested:

[spoiler]The Hooded Man makes his appearance in the new chapters. He is identical to Shallot as everyone points out, and for some reason he wants to kill Shallot. Shallot is saved by Goku, who fights the Hooded Man and makes him flee after the battle, not before saying that the "blood of the defeated" (referring to Shallot) and the "blood of the tainted" (referring to Goku) must be destroyed or something similar. Later Shall (that's how Goku calls Shallot) and Goku have a friendly sparring match supervised by Whis and Beerus, so that they all can gauge Shallot's ki and compare it to the Mysterious Man's. Goku goes SSJ and after the sparring he comments how Shallot and the mysterious Saiyan have almost the same ki but there's something strangely different. Yeah, this is very similar to what happened with Zamasu, in fact Beerus himself points out how they seem to have another "Goku Black" situation. Whis says that Shallot is a very ancient Saiyan, of the earliest ages, and they are interested in what the Hooded Man said about the blood of the Saiyans, but Goku says he was raised on Earth and has no idea about what he was referring too. At the end of the latest chapter available, Whis and Beerus speculate that the Hooded Man may in fact be Shallot's true self, without the memory loss.
The most interesting thing was the blood speech. I wonder what it meant that Goku's blood is tainted. I strongly believe all of this will connect to the upcoming movie.[/spoiler]
I have played through the story and I agree with you. I think that the red hooded man, may be a Shallot without the memory loss from a different era. He does not like the later generations of saiyans and he feels they are tainted. Also, I do agree there is a connection to the upcoming movie.
Supposedly a datamine/leaker claims that the hooded man is his brother, who goes by Giblet now. Hence why his quiff is on the other side, since saiyan hair isnt meant to change.
Actually, two different leakers said the same thing about Giblet and Shallot as of now.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:36 pm

I know that when the people said that DBL and the DBSMovie would collab others said its proabably just adding the characters from the movie to the game but with all this talk of ancient saiyans and and tainted saiyans, I definitely feel like these projects are more connected than most thought. This game is basically a way to hype us up about ancient saiyans for the upcoming movie and its helping expand the whole concept in the process. Now i really hope we get a Shallot cameo in the movie during a flashback. Heck, give him a speaking role.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:44 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
emperior wrote:Seems like the hooded guy considers Goku to be tainted because he is a good Saiyan. This may all lead up to an evil vs good Saiyans confrontation, which is probably what happened on Planet Sadala before it got destroyed.
Yes, that is what I said above. It's possible that the internal conflict between the Saiyans that was the cause of Sadal's destruction may have been this. Perhaps Yamoshi was fighting against the red hooded man whose belief was to remove all saiyans with "blood of the defeated" and "blood of the tainted". Also, I think you meant to say U6 is the result of good ones winning so Sadal was saved. Yes, I agree. To add to that, Kale had trouble initially becoming a SSJ. The tingly thing in her back wasn't working. It wasn't until she got very angry as a result of jealousy and hate, that she turned into her Berserk variant. Perhaps, the saiyans that are evil that don't have righteous hearts, will require this method of transformation like Kale's. While a righteous hearted saiyan transforms into the SSJ we already know and have seen. Still it is odd why there were so many evil saiyans in U7 that never turned SSJ though. If righteous hearts was not a requirement, then certain genetics are. The descendants of the ancient line of saiyans I guess was lost with the destruction of Sadal while in U6, they survived and are Kale's line.
I'm so glad people are finally acknowledging this. Before i came to Kanzenshuu, I’ve always been talking on gamefaqs about how maybe the U6 saiyans are good becuase the good saiyans and Yamoshi actually won the saiyan civil war battle thus saving Sadala from destruction and retaining only good saiyans. This of course leads to my next theory that the kind of Sadala in U6 is a direct descendant of Yamoshi. It would make sense that the strongest saiyan left would become King and since Yamoshi would be the leader and strongest of the good saiyans, it makes sense that he would start the royal line. The problem would be “then why is it called Planet Sadala and not Planet Yamoshi”? And the answer is because it was Planet Sadala before Yamoshi won the war so changing the name would be useless. And Cabba has never referred to the King as King Sadala has he? I dont remember. So the King could be King Yamoshi. Or maybe royalty ends up adopting the name of the planet itself.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:54 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:I'm so glad people are finally acknowledging this. Before i came to Kanzenshuu, I’ve always been talking on gamefaqs about how maybe the U6 saiyans are good becuase the good saiyans and Yamoshi actually won the saiyan civil war battle thus saving Sadala from destruction and retaining only good saiyans. This of course leads to my next theory that the kind of Sadala in U6 is a direct descendant of Yamoshi. It would make sense that the strongest saiyan left would become King and since Yamoshi would be the leader and strongest of the good saiyans, it makes sense that he would start the royal line. The problem would be “then why is it called Planet Sadala and not Planet Yamoshi”? And the answer is because it was Planet Sadala before Yamoshi won the war so changing the name would be useless. And Cabba has never referred to the King as King Sadala has he? I dont remember. So the King could be King Yamoshi. Or maybe royalty ends up adopting the name of the planet itself.
Well in the manga, it was confirmed that Caulifla is stronger than King Sadala. If he had any significant power, then Cabba would have recruited him for the Tournament of Power. We don't know for sure if there was a Yamoshi in U6 and if there was, then he most likely died even though the good saiyans won the war. The King is whoever is the leader and is most liked, not necessarily the strongest.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:24 pm

I've been thinking about “the blood of the defeated” and “the blood of the tainted”.

Blood of the deafeated could be referring to saiyans that have been... well...defeated. The Saiyan in Red made it a point that he hates weak people. So maybe the blood of the defeated could be speaking of a weak saiyan who has lost in a battle. Maybe Shallot fought this guy before but somehow escaped death while losing his memory and the Saiyan in Red is here to finish the job.

Blood of the tainted could be referring to saiyans that have become good. Tainted is a word use to describe something that is affected or contaminated/polluted by a bad or undesirable quality. When the Saiyan in Red said the blood of the tainted, it panned to a picture of Goku. What we know is that saiyans by nature are savage warriors strive to fight and become the strongest no matter what it takes. Goku is a saiyan that, upon landing on Earth, became a saiyan without as much savagery, that tends to can for people and protect people. He is good. Its likely that the Saiyan in Red sees Goku caring for others as weakness. So Goku’s lack of savagery and kindness towards others leading to weakness (A.K.A a good saiyan) can very well be seen as qualities that are undesirable to a saiyan like the Saiyan in Red. In other words, Goku is tainted. Its even hinted that Goku is tainted by Earth making him good when Beerus asks if Goku knows anything about being tainted and he just mentions how he was just a saiyan raised on Earth. This also means that other characters like Vegeta, who have been turned good by Earth, are seen as tainted by the Saiyan in Red.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:14 pm

Do you think Gibblet is allied with a Wizard or something? Like Babidi, Towa or anybody else? Because as he's been presented so far, he doesn't really seem like the type who'd be casting spells and stuff like Raditz's villainous mode. Hell, if he's the one who instrumented the plan against Beerus, there has to be a second person to keep a metaphorical knife to Shin's throat while Gibblet's out and about.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:00 pm

Kanassa wrote:Do you think Gibblet is allied with a Wizard or something? Like Babidi, Towa or anybody else? Because as he's been presented so far, he doesn't really seem like the type who'd be casting spells and stuff like Raditz's villainous mode. Hell, if he's the one who instrumented the plan against Beerus, there has to be a second person to keep a metaphorical knife to Shin's throat while Gibblet's out and about.
Yea, the only person smart enough to know the link between Kaioshin and Hakaishin, use dark magic, and create time rifts would be Fu. If Fu just for fun, got Giblet to create this scenario, it would make sense to me. Fu isn't a bad guy, but he loves to create problems and situations like this.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:06 pm

I like the game so far, but gettling those 2 star round souls i impossible...

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:26 pm

IM21 wrote:I like the game so far, but gettling those 2 star round souls i impossible...
Keep trying. They'll drop eventually. Use the skip tickets.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:47 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
IM21 wrote:I like the game so far, but gettling those 2 star round souls i impossible...
Keep trying. They'll drop eventually. Use the skip tickets.
What do they do?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:58 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:What do they do?
The skip tickets or the souls with 2 stars? The former allows you to skip missions and get the rewards without having to do it as long as you completed all challenges. The latter you need for class up.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:17 am

Perhaps I'm biased, but part of me hopes that "ancient Saiyans" get green-haired transformations like Kale and Broly.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:31 am

So whats Broly's drop rate? given I havent managed to get Pan yet either

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:41 am

I got Broly om day 1 of his release with the single discount. My brother however has done two the 1,000 summons and has not gotten him.

I wish we could trade characters and items on this game with others.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:30 am

shadowfox87 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I'm so glad people are finally acknowledging this. Before i came to Kanzenshuu, I’ve always been talking on gamefaqs about how maybe the U6 saiyans are good becuase the good saiyans and Yamoshi actually won the saiyan civil war battle thus saving Sadala from destruction and retaining only good saiyans. This of course leads to my next theory that the kind of Sadala in U6 is a direct descendant of Yamoshi. It would make sense that the strongest saiyan left would become King and since Yamoshi would be the leader and strongest of the good saiyans, it makes sense that he would start the royal line. The problem would be “then why is it called Planet Sadala and not Planet Yamoshi”? And the answer is because it was Planet Sadala before Yamoshi won the war so changing the name would be useless. And Cabba has never referred to the King as King Sadala has he? I dont remember. So the King could be King Yamoshi. Or maybe royalty ends up adopting the name of the planet itself.
Well in the manga, it was confirmed that Caulifla is stronger than King Sadala. If he had any significant power, then Cabba would have recruited him for the Tournament of Power. We don't know for sure if there was a Yamoshi in U6 and if there was, then he most likely died even though the good saiyans won the war. The King is whoever is the leader and is most liked, not necessarily the strongest.
chapter and page number please because I didnt see that in the chapters she was in

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:31 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:Perhaps I'm biased, but part of me hopes that "ancient Saiyans" get green-haired transformations like Kale and Broly.
giving a new meaning to the 'true saiyan power' comment made by vegeta

and the new guy has green ki in the movie, and so does shallot here

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:11 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:chapter and page number please because I didnt see that in the chapters she was in
Chapter 32, Page 1 - Champa orders Cabba to gather the best fighters of his universe no matter what. Chapter 32, Page 3. Sadla's army doesn't bother Caulfila's territory because they can't handle her. Page 10 of the same chapter, Caulifla states that she she has never met a Saiyan that can defeat her. She's been stealing jewels from King Sadala from anyone who crosses her territory. Cabba is part of the Sadla army and would know about King Sadala. Knowing that his entire universe is on the line, if King Sadala was significant, don't you think he would've asked him?