"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:45 am

ArchedThunder wrote:How do we know he has Revenge Final Flash?
Because it says リベンジファイナルフラッシュ right there in V-Jump :). Hold down the button to increase its power.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:46 am

Kanassa wrote:I'm surprised they don't have him fighting in the Tuffle stage...
It is weird, but then again they didn't use one of the destroyed cities for Tapion, they didn't use Glacier for 13 and they didn't use Archipelago for DBS 17.
VegettoEX wrote:
Because it says リベンジファイナルフラッシュ right there in V-Jump :). Hold down the button to increase its power.
Thanks, already updated my post with a screenshot of him doing it though.
Hopefully it does work more like Final Shine and not like Super Galick Gun.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:00 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I'm surprised they don't have him fighting in the Tuffle stage...
It is weird, but then again they didn't use one of the destroyed cities for Tapion, they didn't use Glacier for 13 and they didn't use Archipelago for DBS 17.
VegettoEX wrote:
Thanks, already updated my post with a screenshot of him doing it though.
Hopefully it does work more like Final Shine and not like Super Galick Gun.
Somewhat unrelated but with Android 13 in the game and the dbs movie having an arctic landscape, i hope we get an actual arctic-like area as a stage in Xenoverse 3.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:02 pm

This seems accurate enough:

Super Baby Vegeta Moveset:

Supers:

Maximum Charge
Revenge Final Flash
Variant Drive
Reverse Shot

Ultimate:

Revenge Death Ball
Full Power Energy Wave

Evasive:

Break Strike
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:03 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Somewhat unrelated but with Android 13 in the game and the dbs movie having an arctic landscape, i hope we get an actual arctic-like area as a stage in Xenoverse 3.
We'll see one in XV3 for sure, if not in XV2 DLC.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:49 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Somewhat unrelated but with Android 13 in the game and the dbs movie having an arctic landscape, i hope we get an actual arctic-like area as a stage in Xenoverse 3.
Speaking of which, I'm disappointed we didn't get a new stage in Extra Pack 2. We usually always get a stage every other pack. I don't think they're adding any stage in Extra Pack 7 but hopefully 8 gives us a story expansion and new stage.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:00 pm

I wonder if Baby Vegeta will have any special interactions with other characters?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:04 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I wonder if Baby Vegeta will have any special interactions with other characters?
Obviously Certain GT characters like

GT Pan
GT Trunks
SSJ4 Goku
GT Kid Goku

But beyond that I don’t know

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:22 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Speaking of which, I'm disappointed we didn't get a new stage in Extra Pack 2. We usually always get a stage every other pack. I don't think they're adding any stage in Extra Pack 7 but hopefully 8 gives us a story expansion and new stage.
We did get a new stage... We just can't select it :D
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:42 pm

Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: We'll see one in XV3 for sure, if not in XV2 DLC.
We did get a new stage... We just can't select it :D
Oh yea... Why do they even do that? Its basically the sky stage up re-skinned if thats what you call it.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:14 am

Kale looks like she is getting special attention in the manga, I'd like to see her in the next DLC

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:33 am

Koitsukai wrote:Kale looks like she is getting special attention in the manga, I'd like to see her in the next DLC
Kale would obviously pop up alongside Caulifla
If they were DLC (plus if it was a 3 character pack they probably include Kefla as well)

But if Kale does get in the Xenoverse series I hope her Broly Berserker Form is a separate character

Caulifla Moveset (using attacks from Anime & Manga

Guard - Explosive Wave
Transformation - SSJ & SSJ2
Ultimate 1 - Burst of Energy
Ultimate 2 - Energy Fist
Super 1 - Maximum Charge
Super 2 - Kamehameha like Attack from Ch 37
Super 3 - Crush Cannon
Super 4 - Meteor Crash

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:39 am

ZeroDio wrote:
Koitsukai wrote:Kale looks like she is getting special attention in the manga, I'd like to see her in the next DLC
If they were DLC (plus if it was a 3 character pack they probably include Kefla as well)

But if Kale does get in the Xenoverse series I hope her Broly Berserker Form is a separate character

Guard - Explosive Wave
Ultimate 2 - Energy Fist
Super 1 - Maximum Charge
Super 3 - Crush Cannon
Super 4 - Meteor Crash
I actually don’t think we’re getting Kale’s buff berserk form. I only expect her Base form with her Controlled Berserk form as a transformation.

As for Caulifla, I like the moveset but i would put energy fist as Super 4, the kamehameha-like attack at Ultimate 2, burst of energy as Super 2, and probably full power energy wave or full power energy blast volley for Ultimate 1.

Really though, as long as all those attacks are used in some way, ill be satisfied.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:50 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:

Guard - Explosive Wave
Ultimate 2 - Energy Fist
Super 1 - Maximum Charge
Super 3 - Crush Cannon
Super 4 - Meteor Crash
I actually don’t think we’re getting Kale’s buff berserk form. I only expect her Base form with her Controlled Berserk form as a transformation.

As for Caulifla, I like the moveset but i would put energy fist as Super 4, the kamehameha-like attack at Ultimate 2, burst of energy as Super 2, and probably full power energy wave or full power energy blast volley for Ultimate 1.

Really though, as long as all those attacks are used in some way, ill be satisfied.
Yea, Berserker Kale should most likely be a NPC while Kale with her “C-Type” SSJ & Unique SSJ2 as transformations should be playable.

But I have to disagree on why you change Caulifla’s Moveset like that

Energy Fist - Caulifla fires a rapid barrage of ki blasts at her opponent, then, using the smokescreen for cover, charges at them to deliver a powerful punch with her fist enveloped in ki.

This kinda sound like how Impulse Slash works so Energy Fist needs to be a Ultimate

Burst of Energy - Caulifla's special move, she fires a stream of powerful red ki wave at her opponent.

This should be her 2nd ultimate instead of getting FP Energy Wave or Energy Volley

Plus Caulifla’s Atomic Kamehameha like Attack would seem better as a Super since after she charged it she moved in front of Frieza like how any energy beam moves worked like when a CaC Saiyan is using SSJ forms

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:07 pm

I hope custom moves get an update. Vegeta should definitely get Revenge Final Flash IMO. Just like how Goku can use Divine Lasso.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:12 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:I hope custom moves get an update. Vegeta should definitely get Revenge Final Flash IMO. Just like how Goku can use Divine Lasso.
I hope all mentors get more custom moves

Example: Android 18 getting more Moves from Super 17,Android 13,17, plus more moves from krillin

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:22 pm

ZeroDio wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:I hope custom moves get an update. Vegeta should definitely get Revenge Final Flash IMO. Just like how Goku can use Divine Lasso.

Example: Android 18 getting more Moves from Super 17,Android 13,17, plus more moves from krillin
Honestly. Give 18 and 16 some of Super 17/13's moves, give Buu all the moves from the other Buus, and give Broly Bojack's freaking Trap Shooter like he has in every other game.

I also want Zamasu to get the moves from Rose Black and Fused Zamasu. I also want Goku/Vegeta to get Gogeta's/Vegitos's moves too.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:

Honestly. Give 18 and 16 some of Super 17/13's moves, give Buu all the moves from the other Buus, and give Broly Bojack's freaking Trap Shooter like he has in every other game.

I also want Zamasu to get the moves from Rose Black and Fused Zamasu. I also want Goku/Vegeta to get Gogeta's/Vegitos's moves too.
Yea and maybe give Videl Kaioken & some of Adult Gohan’s Moves

Plus give The Saiyan Mentors who don’t have SSJ the SSJ Skill (at least up to SSJ2 maybe)

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:22 pm

Oh thank kami, I have been praying for the day the Revenge Death Ball would be usable. It's my faviort attack!!!

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:27 pm

ZeroDio wrote:Plus give The Saiyan Mentors who don’t have SSJ the SSJ Skill (at least up to SSJ2 maybe)
I don't mind this not happening, simply because that would require giving characters like Raditz and maybe Turles new models, while Nappa's is just a color change since he's bald with a moustache. It's more work than simply adding a move to a character. Unless you don't mind Raditz just looking Super Saiyan 3 with eyebrows, which I'm sure a lot of people would mind.