"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:15 am

I kind of hope they add Roshi in one of these so you can have a full Tournament of Power team. :P

Other than Uub, I can't think of too many additional GT characters to add. Maybe a blue gi Adult Goku and GT Vegeta preset for each of them? There's Rilldo too I suppose.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:19 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Other than Uub, I can't think of too many additional GT characters to add. Maybe a blue gi Adult Goku and GT Vegeta preset for each of them? There's Rilldo too I suppose.
If we're getting a 3 pack GT set then Rildo would be a fun surprise. Goku and Vegeta's GT outfits are already in the game for the created character if I'm not mistaking so they could easily add those in through the free update.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:59 pm

Don't forget GT goten :D

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Gt91 wrote:Don't forget GT goten :D
I thought about him but I think he's more likely to show up in XV3 alongside an adult Gotenks.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:56 pm

We will probably see Hatchiyack as DLC to go alongside with Baby Vegeta. I can see us getting a Parallel Quest with those two characters.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Monna

Post by Monna » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:08 pm

Does anyone know how much dlc is planned? I wonder how long they will add to XV2 before XV3.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:46 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:We will probably see Hatchiyack as DLC to go alongside with Baby Vegeta. I can see us getting a Parallel Quest with those two characters.
I kind of forgot about him but you're right, he could be as they're both part of the same plan to destroy the Saiyans.
Monna wrote:Does anyone know how much dlc is planned? I wonder how long they will add to XV2 before XV3.
We got 4 main packs and 2 extra ones so we're assuming we're getting another 2 with at least 2 characters each.

XV3 isn't releasing before 2020 according to reliable sources here so with the 7th set releasing in the summer I assume the 8th one will release sometime in the fall or winter. IF, and this is a big if, XV3 is releasing at the end of 2020 which I don't think as early 2020 is more likely then we could get more packs in 2019.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:We will probably see Hatchiyack as DLC to go alongside with Baby Vegeta. I can see us getting a Parallel Quest with those two characters.
Baby and Hatchiyak vs Zamasu and Black is now a fight I NEED to see

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:07 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I kind of hope they add Roshi in one of these so you can have a full Tournament of Power team. :P

Other than Uub, I can't think of too many additional GT characters to add. Maybe a blue gi Adult Goku and GT Vegeta preset for each of them? There's Rilldo too I suppose.
Oceanus Shenron
Guard - Cyclone Wall
Transform - None
Ultimate 1 - Air Shattering Energy Ball
Ultimate 2 - Mighty Hurricane Fury
Super 1 - Maximum Charge
Super 2 - Whirlwind Spin
Super 3 - Meteor Crash
Super 4 - Whirlwind Blade

That’s 4 new skills if we get Oceanus

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:11 am

sintzu wrote: I kind of forgot about him but you're right, he could be as they're both part of the same plan to destroy the Saiyans.
They even fused in DBH. That would be crazy if they actually put Baby Hatchiyack in game.

It would be also nice if they added Xeno Goku SSJ4 due to his appearance in DBH + Xeno Omega Shenron and that new saiyan foe.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:00 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:It would be also nice if they added Xeno Goku SSJ4 due to his appearance in DBH + Xeno Omega Shenron and that new saiyan foe.
I think they'll use these heroes elements in XV3 instead as they can be a strong marketing tool.

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:22 pm

The only characters I can see being added in future DLC, to help round things out. This is extreme wishful thinking on my part. If XV2 becomes like FF 15 we could see a lot more over the next year. It would be great if they do like FF 15 Royal Edition and update the main story mode with new characters, battles and scenes.

Playable Characters:
Chiaotzu
Master Roshi
Master Roshi(MAX POWER)
Tarble
King Vegeta
Zarbon(Post-Transformation)
Mecha Frieza
King Cold
Vegeta(SSJ Grade 2)
Vegeta(SSB Evolution)
Future Trunks-Armor(Base, SSJ)
Future Trunks-Armor(SSJ Grade 3)
Pikkon
Android 19
Android 20
Garlic Jr.
Super Garlic Jr.
Broly(Base, SSJ)
Bojack(Full Power)
Super Android 13
Hatchiyack
Shin
KibitoShin
GT-Vegeta(Base, SSJ)
GT-Goten(Base, SSJ)
GT-Bulla
GT-Uub(Super Uub)

Non-Playable Giant Bosses:
Great Ape
Great Ape Raditz
Great Ape Turles
Great Ape King Vegeta
Great Ape Tarble
Dr. Wheelo
Bio-Broly
Janemba(Pre-Transformation)
Hirudegarn(Post-Transformation)

Partner Customization:
Kaioken-Yamcha, Krillin, Tenshinhan, Chiaotzu, Piccolo
Solar Flare-Chiaotzu, Master Roshi, Kid Gohan, Adult Gohan, Future Gohan
Tri-Beam-Chiaotzu, Master Roshi, Goku
Spirit Ball-Krillin, Chiaotzu, Goku, Master Roshi
Hell Flash-Android 17, Android 18
Kamehameha-Android 18, Videl
Become Giant-Piccolo, Slug
SSJ-Raditz, GT-Pan, Tarble, King Vegeta, GT-Bulla, Future Trunks(Super)
SSJ2-Future Trunks, Cabba
Big Bang-Cabba
Final Flash-Cabba
Sword of Hope-Future Trunks
Final Hope Slash-Future Trunks
Potential Unleashed-Future Gohan
Last edited by Zeru14 on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:06 pm

sintzu wrote:
I kind of forgot about him but you're right, he could be as they're both part of the same plan to destroy the Saiyans.
Monna wrote:Does anyone know how much dlc is planned? I wonder how long they will add to XV2 before XV3.
We got 4 main packs and 2 extra ones so we're assuming we're getting another 2 with at least 2 characters each.

XV3 isn't releasing before 2020 according to reliable sources here so with the 7th set releasing in the summer I assume the 8th one will release sometime in the fall or winter. IF, and this is a big if, XV3 is releasing at the end of 2020 which I don't think as early 2020 is more likely then we could get more packs in 2019.
Hope not. They should stop after these last two packs. At this point all the DLC costs more than the Special Edition of the game which is insane

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:18 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:They should stop after these last two packs. At this point all the DLC costs more than the Special Edition of the game which is insane
I agree it's getting out of hand but with XV3 being so far away and this being my favorite DB game I can't help but hope it gets as much support as possible to help with the wait for 3.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:41 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually release a special Complete Edition with all the DLC bundled in so it's more price-friendly for new adopters.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:22 pm

Zeru14 wrote:The only characters I can see being added in future DLC, to help round things out. This is extreme wishful thinking on my part. If XV2 becomes like FF 15 we could see a lot more over the next year. It would be great if they do like FF 15 Royal Edition and update the main story mode with new characters, battles and scenes.

Playable Characters:
Chiaotzu
Master Roshi
Master Roshi(MAX POWER)
Tarble
King Vegeta
Zarbon(Post-Transformation)
Mecha Frieza
King Cold
Vegeta(SSJ Grade 2)
Vegeta(SSB Evolution)
Future Trunks-Armor(Base, SSJ)
Future Trunks-Armor(SSJ Grade 3)
Pikkon
Android 19
Android 20
Garlic Jr.
Super Garlic Jr.
Broly(Base, SSJ)
Bojack(Full Power)
Super Android 13
Hatchiyack
Shin
KibitoShin
GT-Vegeta(Base, SSJ)
GT-Goten(Base, SSJ)
GT-Bulla
GT-Uub(Super Uub)

Non-Playable Giant Bosses:
Great Ape
Great Ape Raditz
Great Ape Turles
Great Ape King Vegeta
Great Ape Tarble
Dr. Wheelo
Bio-Broly
Janemba(Pre-Transformation)
Hirudegarn(Post-Transformation)

Partner Customization:
Kaioken-Yamcha, Krillin, Tenshinhan, Chiaotzu, Piccolo
Solar Flare-Chiaotzu, Master Roshi, Kid Gohan, Adult Gohan, Future Gohan
Tri-Beam-Chiaotzu, Master Roshi, Goku
Spirit Ball-Krillin, Chiaotzu, Goku, Master Roshi
Hell Flash-Android 17, Android 18
Kamehameha-Android 18, Videl
Become Giant-Piccolo, Slug
SSJ-Raditz, GT-Pan, Tarble, King Vegeta, GT-Bulla, Future Trunks(Super)
SSJ2-Future Trunks, Cabba
Big Bang-Cabba
Final Flash-Cabba
Sword of Hope-Future Trunks
Final Hope Slash-Future Trunks
Potential Unleashed-Future Gohan
A lot of that seems a not gonna happen stuff as a lot of those didn’t really fight (Example Bulla & Tarble) or just become Variants to versions of the characters who are already in game (example: Future Trunks Saiyan Armor)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:50 pm

sintzu wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:They should stop after these last two packs. At this point all the DLC costs more than the Special Edition of the game which is insane
I agree it's getting out of hand but with XV3 being so far away and this being my favorite DB game I can't help but hope it gets as much support as possible to help with the wait for 3.
Yeah if they just made the price for the characters better it would be another story but but $10 for 2-3 characters is a little too much of you ask me.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:32 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Yeah if they just made the price for the characters better it would be another story but but $10 for 2-3 characters is a little too much of you ask me.
To be fair it's never just for two characters, usually more stuff comes along with it
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:30 pm

I wonder if we will get new stuff for Infinite History?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:29 am

I still maintain Roshi is the one you will replace, he's the weakest and totally bypasses the lack of flight thing (yes no one can fly in ToP but obviously in pqs and stuff)

It fits with the “slightly improving canon” thing xv2 did, like the spirit sword making more sense that it got more power because alt timelines fed it through the time rift. And Piccolo putting in work in the top.

I predict you'll fight alongside each anime seen battle from the top as each opponent gets evil power uped explaining why they need you to assist them.

I hope they add Chaozu but I kinda think they won't, a lot of the fights he was in have already been in were in the base game and I doubt they'll alter that to add him.
If they add him it'll be because he makes a good mentor with unique TQ moves. V. Small chance they adapt the reincarnated as Yamcha thing for content.

Beyond that I think Gero deserves to be in just because of his overall impact on the franchise and if they do add him I'm certain they'd add 19 too.

IF heroes stuff is added, I can see them adding GT Goten, he is in the TP there and they are already going back and adding Bebei. I don't like GT but he does feel “missing”.

I can see them adding Uub, he got referenced a bit in super, has a lore role as Gokus successor. And the GT reasons above apply to him too.

I don't think they will ads extra cell Freeza and buu forms, it just seems too late but I could be wrong. There only chance is if it ties in with more transformations for Patrollers. Maaaaybe the missing cell is added if all of them are too.

As for all the missing Kai's GoDs and toppers who didn't fight U7 I think 90% will be in 3 or not at all. Chars like botamo would be hard to make and balance.

I think Infinite History is how they will add story content noe going forward rather than the robots, especially because good and evil routes double to options.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.