"Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Jump Force" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:24 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:JUST A HEADS UP

Light w/ Ryuk isn't playable
https://kotaku.com/jump-force-is-an-ani ... 1826819509
Wuh? Why even show him in the trailer then? I know they can technically kill anyone with a stroke of a pen, but why even include them then, much less feature them in a trailer and get fans' hopes up?
My thoughts exactly
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:33 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:@Toxin45

Oh ok

@AnimeNation101

Well we can’t go completely on how poplar a character is, plus the game can’t just have characters that are well known in the West, it needs characters that appeal to everyone. Plus Hit would feel great in this game. Plus considering how many female fighters Dragonball produced through the manga & Super I feel we get 18 or maybe one of the U6 Saiyan Girls

Plus maybe having maybe a few series like Kinnikuman & Baoh characters could spark new interest for those series.

Plus we can’t rule out DLC characters coming in to the game to add more characters for each series that gets involved in the Base Roster.

Also if we replace my suggestion of Himiko with Toumra, would that be better?
No one from Super is gonna get in. Super isn’t apart of Weekly Shonen Jump apparently. Only the original manga and its characters can get in. The characters who got into J-Stars Victory Vs were chose via popularity so it will probably be the same for Jump Force. Tomura has as equal a chance of getting in as All for One so it probably would be better.
Well if we are solely sticking to the Manga... then Android 17 instead of Hit

So if We get both 17 & 18 then they could be considered heroes or villains since they were enemies until Cell absorbed them and their Future Timeline Versions were 100% bad guys

So then if we did 5 characters (Goku,Vegeta,Frieza,17,18) the story could have it like

Hero - Goku & Vegeta & 18
Villain - 17 & Frieza

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:49 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:JUST A HEADS UP

Light w/ Ryuk isn't playable
https://kotaku.com/jump-force-is-an-ani ... 1826819509
Wuh? Why even show him in the trailer then? I know they can technically kill anyone with a stroke of a pen, but why even include them then, much less feature them in a trailer and get fans' hopes up?
Villains.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:31 am

"Xenoverse sure has some funny looking faces."
"I TAKE IT BACK!"

Man, forget the Resident Evil 2 Remake; this is the scariest looking game I've seen this year! :shock:

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:58 pm

Nia wrote:"Xenoverse sure has some funny looking faces."
"I TAKE IT BACK!"

Man, forget the Resident Evil 2 Remake; this is the scariest looking game I've seen this year! :shock:
:oops: I like it. I want to see Rukia or ichigo get added next though , will buy like like jstars

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:52 pm

lol looks like there some graphic problems but I am sure it would do alright not sure If I would get it though. Hope at least some of the new shounen jump series characters Like Izuku,Asta,and Emma show up at least.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:29 pm

SSJmole wrote: I want to see Rukia or ichigo get added next though , will buy like like jstars
And your wish has been granted. But they are SURPRISINGLY in their timeskip (final arc) forms, along with Aizen.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:34 pm

It's the final arc versions? :o

I'm buying this game. I thought they'd be overlooked in favour of just adding the SS/HM versions due to being more well known.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:59 am

Saiga wrote:It's the final arc versions? :o

I'm buying this game. I thought they'd be overlooked in favour of just adding the SS/HM versions due to being more well known.
I do find it odd how the One Piece and Bleach characters are their more recent versions, while the Dragon Ball and Naruto characters aren't.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:39 am

Kinda surprised that Bleach was the next one revealed, was banking on a grand reveal of My Hero Academia before that actually. Great to see them actually getting to the end of the manga in terms of Ichigo and such though.
Rinsankajugin wrote:I do find it odd how the One Piece and Bleach characters are their more recent versions, while the Dragon Ball and Naruto characters aren't.
I'm still figuring it has something to do with them focusing on only original runs of manga. So Dragon Ball and Naruto focus on where the characters were at the end of their first series (so Majin Boo arc for Goku, Great Ninja War arc for Naruto) rather than where 'sequel' series (Super and Boruto) have taken them.

Admittedly, they could give adult Naruto for that too, but that's such a brief instance at the end of the Naruto manga proper that they're opting for where he is for most of that final arc.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:56 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:
Saiga wrote:It's the final arc versions? :o

I do find it odd how the One Piece and Bleach characters are their more recent versions, while the Dragon Ball and Naruto characters aren't.
I guess they just used their end of manga versions

Which would mean things like what we saw of Naruto & Sasuke, While Goku’s highest form is SSJ3 if it appears.

But maybe in a dlc or free game update we may get

SSJ Blue Goku
SSJ Blue Vegeta
Golden Frieza
The Last or 7th Hokage Naruto
The Last or Adult Sasuke

But on a side note I hope this game’s roster has more girls then Jstars did (3 of 39)

Cause I would like to see some of these (plus Hancock & Medaka)

Android 18
Yoruichi or Rangiku or Rukia (Final Arc)
EoS Sakura (or Hinata)
Nami and/or Robin (latest completed Arc)
Kagura and/or Tsukuyo (Silver Soul Arc Pre-Timeskip)

Plus any reasonable female fighters you guys can add

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:20 am

Man, the models look like something out of a UE4 tech demo, and the combat looks like it's gonna be the same clunky shit from J-Stars, too. I don't get it, BT and Raging Blast were fast, fluid, and ran at 60FPS. What happened to Spike over the last few years? Did Ultimate Tenkaichi kill some of their brain cells?
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:44 pm

EXBadguy wrote:
SSJmole wrote: I want to see Rukia or ichigo get added next though , will buy like like jstars
And your wish has been granted. But they are SURPRISINGLY in their timeskip (final arc) forms, along with Aizen.
Does it specifically say that Rukia and Aizen are playable?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:52 pm

KinguKurimuzon wrote:Man, the models look like something out of a UE4 tech demo, and the combat looks like it's gonna be the same clunky shit from J-Stars, too. I don't get it, BT and Raging Blast were fast, fluid, and ran at 60FPS. What happened to Spike over the last few years? Did Ultimate Tenkaichi kill some of their brain cells?
Having replayed BT3 recently, the gameplay wasn't fast or fluid at all. This is nothing new for them.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:32 am

Saiga wrote:
KinguKurimuzon wrote:Man, the models look like something out of a UE4 tech demo, and the combat looks like it's gonna be the same clunky shit from J-Stars, too. I don't get it, BT and Raging Blast were fast, fluid, and ran at 60FPS. What happened to Spike over the last few years? Did Ultimate Tenkaichi kill some of their brain cells?
Having replayed BT3 recently, the gameplay wasn't fast or fluid at all. This is nothing new for them.
Oh, really? It's been a long time since I played BT3, maybe I'm just misremembering how it played, but I remember seeing this Japanese gameplay video (that I can't find anymore) of SSJ3 Goku and SSJ2 Vegeta fighting in the desert stage with the RV and they were moving around fast as hell.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryTRTfKDUe4
Heck, look at this and compare it to your average J-Stars gameplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyuqXnic-G0
Sure J-Stars isn't a DBZ game so they're not gonna be flying around at supersonic speeds, but everything in J-Stars is just so much slower, it's like any given action has twice the startup and recovery frames that they would in BT3. It's not because it's a game about ground combat either, compare it to some Anarchy Reigns gameplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkBN1ks6Bl8
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:28 am

KinguKurimuzon wrote:
Saiga wrote:
Oh, really? It's been a long time since I played BT3, maybe I'm just misremembering how it played, but I remember seeing this Japanese gameplay video (that I can't find anymore) of SSJ3 Goku and SSJ2 Vegeta fighting in the desert stage with the RV and they were moving around fast as hell.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryTRTfKDUe4
Heck, look at this and compare it to your average J-Stars gameplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyuqXnic-G0
Sure J-Stars isn't a DBZ game so they're not gonna be flying around at supersonic speeds, but everything in J-Stars is just so much slower, it's like any given action has twice the startup and recovery frames that they would in BT3. It's not because it's a game about ground combat either, compare it to some Anarchy Reigns gameplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkBN1ks6Bl8
It was the hand to hand that I remember not being fast, the dashing and movement definitely is. And wow, J Stars' movement is a lot slower than I realized.

But I think the melee combos are comparable, J Stars didn't look noticeably slower there.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:53 am

Comparing gameplay, Jump Force seems to be some sort of middle ground between J-Stars and Tenkaichi speed-wise, while also utilizing some stuff from Burning Blood. The stage transitions are pretty neat, reminds me of the old Budokai games. The melee clashes do seem to slow down the combat, gives me memories of Raging Blast 2's weird slow-down combos. They still got a good half-year or so to polish some stuff up, so I hope Spike keeps at it. Roster-wise, I want to hope everyone from J-Stars returns since reusing assets is a very Spike thing to do, but I have a feeling they might replace some folks to try to reel in western audiences. Now, if they do actually keep all 39 playable characters from the first game, the best thing they could do is add an extra character or 2 for some franchises. For the 13 assist characters, they could either make them playable or cut them, and since they want to mostly focus on action series in Jump Force, this means Kuroko, Sketdan, Lala, Hinata and Chitoge are definitely gonna get cut. Jaguar's a weird one, since while he wasn't playable in J-Stars and isn't an action protag, he definitely has moveset potential from his outing in Jump Ultimate Stars.

Add in new and old franchises, and I think it could look something like this:

Returning Series:
[spoiler]
  • Assasination Classroom: Koro-sensei
    Beelzebub: Oga
    Bleach: Ichigo, Rukia, Aizen
    Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo: Bobobo, Don Patch or Gasser
    Chinyuki: Taro
    D. Gray Man: Allen, Lee
    Dragon Ball: Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Frieza, Cell, Kid Buu
    Dr. Slump: Arale, Dr. Mashirito
    Fist of the North Star: Kenshiro, Raoh, Souther
    Gintama: Gintoki, Kagura
    Hell Teacher Nube: Nube
    Hunter x Hunter: Gon, Killua, Hisoka
    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Jonathan, Joseph, Jotaro, DIO
    Reborn!: Tsuna
    Kochikame: Ryotsu
    Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro: Neuro
    Medaka Box: Medaka, Kumagawa
    Naruto: Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Madara
    One Piece: Luffy, Zoro, Ace, Boa, Akainu, Blackbeard
    Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar: Jaguar
    Rurouni Kenshin: Kenshin, Shishio
    The Disastrous Life of Saiki K: Saiki
    Saint Seiya: Seiya, Hades
    Sakigake!! Otokojuku: Momotaro, Edajima
    Toriko: Toriko, Zebra
    Tottemo! Luckyman: Luckyman
    Yu Yu Hakusho: Yusuke, Hiei, Kurama, Toguro
[/spoiler]

Added Series:
[spoiler]
  • BAOH: BAOH
    Black Cat: Eve, Train
    Black Clover: Asta, Yuno
    Boruto: Boruto, Kawaki
    Busou Renkin: Kazuki
    Kinnikuman: Kinninkuman, Robin Mask
    Muhyo & Roji: Muhyo
    My Hero Academia: Deku, Bakugou, All Might, Shigaraki
    Ninku: Fuusuke
    One Punch Man: Saitama, Genos
    Soul Hunter: Taikobo
    Space Adventure Cobra: Cobra
    World Trigger: Kuga, Mikumo
    Yu-Gi-Oh!: Yami Yugi
[/spoiler]

Story-Only Series:
[spoiler]
  • Death Note (main villain)
    Barefoot Gen (innocent passerby)
    Mazinger Z (boss)
    Kujira Daigo (boss/passerby)
    Any sports or harem series that could be used as NPC's really
[/spoiler]

I know it seems like a lot, but I have a good feeling at least half of those characters will be in.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:04 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:Comparing gameplay, Jump Force seems to be some sort of middle ground between J-Stars and Tenkaichi speed-wise, while also utilizing some stuff from Burning Blood. The stage transitions are pretty neat, reminds me of the old Budokai games. The melee clashes do seem to slow down the combat, gives me memories of Raging Blast 2's weird slow-down combos. They still got a good half-year or so to polish some stuff up, so I hope Spike keeps at it. Roster-wise, I want to hope everyone from J-Stars returns since reusing assets is a very Spike thing to do, but I have a feeling they might replace some folks to try to reel in western audiences. Now, if they do actually keep all 39 playable characters from the first game, the best thing they could do is add an extra character or 2 for some franchises. For the 13 assist characters, they could either make them playable or cut them, and since they want to mostly focus on action series in Jump Force, this means Kuroko, Sketdan, Lala, Hinata and Chitoge are definitely gonna get cut. Jaguar's a weird one, since while he wasn't playable in J-Stars and isn't an action protag, he definitely has moveset potential from his outing in Jump Ultimate Stars.

Add in new and old franchises, and I think it could look something like this:

Returning Series:
[spoiler]
  • Assasination Classroom: Koro-sensei
    Beelzebub: Oga
    Bleach: Ichigo, Rukia, Aizen
    Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo: Bobobo, Don Patch or Gasser
    Chinyuki: Taro
    D. Gray Man: Allen, Lee
    Dragon Ball: Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Frieza, Cell, Kid Buu
    Dr. Slump: Arale, Dr. Mashirito
    Fist of the North Star: Kenshiro, Raoh, Souther
    Gintama: Gintoki, Kagura
    Hell Teacher Nube: Nube
    Hunter x Hunter: Gon, Killua, Hisoka
    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Jonathan, Joseph, Jotaro, DIO
    Reborn!: Tsuna
    Kochikame: Ryotsu
    Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro: Neuro
    Medaka Box: Medaka, Kumagawa
    Naruto: Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Madara
    One Piece: Luffy, Zoro, Ace, Boa, Akainu, Blackbeard
    Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar: Jaguar
    Rurouni Kenshin: Kenshin, Shishio
    The Disastrous Life of Saiki K: Saiki
    Saint Seiya: Seiya, Hades
    Sakigake!! Otokojuku: Momotaro, Edajima
    Toriko: Toriko, Zebra
    Tottemo! Luckyman: Luckyman
    Yu Yu Hakusho: Yusuke, Hiei, Kurama, Toguro
[/spoiler]

Added Series:
[spoiler]
  • BAOH: BAOH
    Black Cat: Eve, Train
    Black Clover: Asta, Yuno
    Boruto: Boruto, Kawaki
    Busou Renkin: Kazuki
    Kinnikuman: Kinninkuman, Robin Mask
    Muhyo & Roji: Muhyo
    My Hero Academia: Deku, Bakugou, All Might, Shigaraki
    Ninku: Fuusuke
    One Punch Man: Saitama, Genos
    Soul Hunter: Taikobo
    Space Adventure Cobra: Cobra
    World Trigger: Kuga, Mikumo
    Yu-Gi-Oh!: Yami Yugi
[/spoiler]

Story-Only Series:
[spoiler]
  • Death Note (main villain)
    Barefoot Gen (innocent passerby)
    Mazinger Z (boss)
    Kujira Daigo (boss/passerby)
    Any sports or harem series that could be used as NPC's really
[/spoiler]

I know it seems like a lot, but I have a good feeling at least half of those characters will be in.
They also said that there will be more female playable characters though.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:04 am

I saw the trailer I can say that for now it looks very good

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:18 am

So this new Shonen Jump fighting game was announced for smartphones today.

Any chance the characters in this game might hint to who could appear in Jump Force?