"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:41 pm

Just finished up the video on Videl's Moveset Concept for this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bJr3xpPWxM
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:50 pm

I won't mind if they did this for season two DLC.

Tournament of Power Pack: Jiren and Master UI Goku
Main Pack: Dabra and Majin Vegeta
Android Pack: Super #13 and Dr. Gero
GT Pack: SSj4 Gogeta and Super Yi Xing Long

Dramatic Finishers:

Jiren defeating Hit
Goku & Freeza colliding against Jiren
Fat Buu eating Dabra
Future Trunks finishing off Dabra
Majin Vegeta blowing up Fat Buu
SSj Goku destroying Super #13
#18 & #17 killing Dr. Gero
SSj4 Gogeta's Big Bang Kamehameha on Super Yi Xing Long
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:42 pm

My wishlist for a hypothetical Season 2 pack...

[spoiler]Videl
Gogeta (he can use his SSJ4 form as his ultimate attack)
Dr Gero
Janemba
Android 13 (he can have a quick kick-boxing fighting style)
Omega Shenron
Kefla
Jiren[/spoiler]
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:09 pm

This is by far the best dragonball Z game ever made & definitely the most fun fighting game released in a while. Playing this with friends is an absolute blast, your heart starts racing so fast when it comes down to the end its stupid. We played a lot of MvC2 back in the day and it was very reminiscent of that. I'm glad ArcSys proved a bunch of people in this thread wrong and didn't cave to the "100 characters who all play the same".

p.s - cell is broken beyond belief.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:13 pm

I got back into this game recently, it's still fun as hell. Weirdly enough, my first session I did a bunch of online ranked matches and did quite well. The second session I got matched against a bunch of Supreme Kais (I've only just hit Super Saiyan 2) and got bodied hard. Makes sense; by that point, it's all Gohans, Goku Blacks and Bardocks (with Vegeta on anchor, natch) and here's me using my team of Freeza, Hit and Goku, characters who have no synergy and no crazy blockstrings, but I like 'em cause they're fun.

I think Freeza's rare enough online and has enough tools that I can usually bullshit a win with him doing the work on point. Not to mention his 2H is one of the best thanks to that patch. Try out more underused characters, kids.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:42 pm

Just did a concept video for Chi-Chi:

https://youtu.be/soEjMwaC3sA
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBigBoy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:07 pm

I just went 0-3 against the scrubbiest auto combo/homing dash spammer. I'm furious.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:55 am

TheBigBoy wrote:I just went 0-3 against the scrubbiest auto combo/homing dash spammer. I'm furious.
It happens to the best of us.. Hopefully you didnt bombard him with an essay as to why he "sucks" even though he just beat you three times. That's Scrub Culture at its finest. Lose then complain instead of just getting better.

I'm not attacking you by the way. Just trying to encourage a better attitude towards what could be called embarrassing defeats.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:11 am

I'll be glad when the next DLC characters are shown.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:27 pm

Instead of more characters in DLC I would prefer new outfits
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBigBoy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:23 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:
TheBigBoy wrote:I just went 0-3 against the scrubbiest auto combo/homing dash spammer. I'm furious.
It happens to the best of us.. Hopefully you didnt bombard him with an essay as to why he "sucks" even though he just beat you three times. That's Scrub Culture at its finest. Lose then complain instead of just getting better.

I'm not attacking you by the way. Just trying to encourage a better attitude towards what could be called embarrassing defeats.
Nah, but I almost did that against a guy who beat me once. Didn't rematch. Then the game actually set us up again. I accept because I know I can beat the guy. He beats me twice in a row. Next game, I actually figured his gameplan out and was about to beat him then he dropped....

I actually followed up my 0-3 game with a really good set (3-1) against a guy with much higher than BP with me. Felt great. Trying to keep my W/L above 50 percent.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:38 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
their personality effects their attack strategy, as we saw in the case by simply comparing vegito to gogeta.

Vegito clowned around against Buu, Gogeta on the other hand straight up murdered Janemba without hesitation
And how does personality affect gameplay in any way?
The Dragonball franchise post-SSJ is nothing but shooting energy beams/balls and punching dudes through mountains. Personality is what differentiates a distinct way in how they do this. Ken, Ryu, Akuma, and Sakura all share the same three special attacks. But their established personalities dictate how they function and in many ways how they look visually.

Regardless of the reasons why Gogeta and Vegetto have very differently portrayed attacks and behaviors, they do have them. And it through this that they wouldn't just be the same character.

Also, doesn't one of them have a Big Bang Kamehameha and the other a Final Kamehameha?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:55 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Instead of more characters in DLC I would prefer new outfits
which would basically making new characters given how the developers build their characters

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:37 am

Does anyone know what means when a player gets a star on their avatar during the party matches?
Example: Look at Hit avatar here - https://youtu.be/fpKcUllcRmg?t=51.

In this battle that player already started with that orange star, but sometimes one of the players gets it during the battle.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:58 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Does anyone know what means when a player gets a star on their avatar during the party matches?
Example: Look at Hit avatar here - https://youtu.be/fpKcUllcRmg?t=51.

In this battle that player already started with that orange star, but sometimes one of the players gets it during the battle.
Pretty sure that's highlighting your own character. Don't know about other players getting it, maybe after your character is defeated it chooses who's playing?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:05 am

Just released my concept video for Raditz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-MED5OyI_Q
fadeddreams5 wrote:

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:53 am

My season 2 wishlist:

Muten Roshi (lots of move choices)
Videl (Great Saiyaman 2)
Janemba (wacky style)
SS4 Gogeta (because Gogeta needs to happen)
Baby (best GT villain)
Bojack (another brute character like Broly)
Dabura (sword and spit)
Tao Pai Pai (he’s cool)

Note that I still haven’t bought any DLC characters yet. The ones released so far don’t interest me in the slightest. I am, however, really thinking about getting Base Goku/Vegeta.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:12 am

MajinMan wrote:My season 2 wishlist:

Muten Roshi (lots of move choices)
Videl (Great Saiyaman 2)
Janemba (wacky style)
SS4 Gogeta (because Gogeta needs to happen)
Baby (best GT villain)
Bojack (another brute character like Broly)
Dabura (sword and spit)
Tao Pai Pai (he’s cool)
Here's mine:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=41955
fadeddreams5 wrote:

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:02 pm

So who would be down for a 4th story campaign for just the dlc characters and a certain character that only shows up in cutscences?

Imagine the Soul wakes up linked to Bulma and gives her the strength to fight against the clones. While she's searching for Goku and the others she keeps running into, fighting and recruiting the DLC characters to go up against 21.

Hey if the keep giving Bulma a model in these fighting games, make her a fighter.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:50 pm

It would be cool to include Shallot in this game
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.